• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nylon Bushes For Mazda Axela

alpha17

Mazda Axela has a very low ground clearence , so someone suggested me to install nylon bushes or something which will increase the ground clearence from 2 inches.Is it true???Please inform me how to do it ...... Will it affect the comfortability and supension?*

• Like 1

Ground clearance is never a problem with stock Axela unless you hv to negotiate a short steep slope/hump everyday (in your garage, road or car park).

As per the Nylon bushes to increase ground clearance - I've not heard of it.

Though its technically possible its not advisable, since you'll be messing with weight distribution when turning etc.

Like vishkid said I'd think the best is to drive carefully over places you think you might have something mess your bumpers or undercarriage. If its one particular place in your home/garage might be a lot easier to level THAT out :)

PS: just realized, you probably wont be able to raise it 2 inches even with bushes. And even if you do the car is gonna look odd.

Edited by Watchman

PS: just realized, you probably wont be able to raise it 2 inches even with bushes. And even if you do the car is gonna look odd.

yeah that car looks cool the way it is, if its raised by 2 inches it'll look ugly, besides 145mm ground clearance is not that bad imho.

yeah that car looks cool the way it is, if its raised by 2 inches it'll look ugly, besides 145mm ground clearance is not that bad imho.

I have no data for the ground clearance, but if it is 145mm that is ok, I have gone in trips far away from CMB on a 140mm ground clearance. Yes you cannot just close your eyes and go over every bump and pot hole. But really manageable.

Mazda Axela has a very low ground clearence , so someone suggested me to install nylon bushes or something which will increase the ground clearence from 2 inches.Is it true???Please inform me how to do it ...... Will it affect the comfortability and supension?*

:)

Edited by Montreal

I guess that 'someone' would have suggested to use Teflon spacers between the strut and body, at the mounting point. Did that 'someone' also tell you that you might have to lengthen your strut to bolt it in place?

I have a Mazda, and I lowered it by 2.2 inches.. and that wasn't a difficult mod.

Are you driving a car that was modified in Japan? cos the stock Axela has a very good ground clearance.. You've got to be Dork to increase your ride height.. :mosking:

• 7 months later...

I changed my car from MAZDA Familia to Axela last week and now im also having this low clearance issue. does any Axela user knows any good option for this? additional 1.5inches will be good enough i think.

Edited by ashan82

I changed my car from MAZDA Familia to Axela last week and now im also having this low clearance issue. does any Axela user knows any good option for this? additional 1.5inches will be good enough i think.

Remove ur shocks and replace with hard once (Which comes with Mazda 3)

Axela comes with soft shocks. When 2+ people are in the car ground clearance gets very low.

Mazda 3 comes with hard shocks which is made for our roads.

Why did u go for an axela?after driving an axela and a 121 i felt the 121 is gud for sl..high ground clearance

mate, the comfort, style, speed is much better than 121. In Sri Lanka 121 is over demand vehicle. im using mazdas for last 3 1/2 years and this is my 3rd Mazda in a row

Remove ur shocks and replace with hard once (Which comes with Mazda 3)

Axela comes with soft shocks. When 2+ people are in the car ground clearance gets very low.

Mazda 3 comes with hard shocks which is made for our roads.

i check this with Ra*nb*w motors & A**ri motors both confirmed that there is no difference in Axela & Mazda 3 shocks. What do you think of using Shock spacers??

Are u sure sudden acceleration and comfortability is better than 121?no way...before i bought my car,i thoroughly examined both 3,axela,es5,fit aria and corolla.mazdas are ahead in style,but interior quality,comfortability and space i think it lacks.es5 and fit aria has vry cheaply done interiors and less options.mazda has lot of great options too.but finally i stopped at 121.which felt better for me in sudden acc(pressing the paddle twice)and comfortability it is behind.but when it comes to the axio,it is a crap in performance,using cvt.do ur mazda has cvt?

i check this with Ra*nb*w motors & A**ri motors both confirmed that there is no difference in Axela & Mazda 3 shocks. What do you think of using Shock spacers??

Yah, It's the same shock, Difference is JDM comes with soft once from Japan. If u buy a new set they are hard once because once in SL market are hard shocks. Just buy a set of K&B from Tas#. it'll work.

Edited by Dragonfly

Are u sure sudden acceleration and comfortability is better than 121?no way...before i bought my car,i thoroughly examined both 3,axela,es5,fit aria and corolla.mazdas are ahead in style,but interior quality,comfortability and space i think it lacks.es5 and fit aria has vry cheaply done interiors and less options.mazda has lot of great options too.but finally i stopped at 121.which felt better for me in sudden acc(pressing the paddle twice)and comfortability it is behind.but when it comes to the axio,it is a crap in performance,using cvt.do ur mazda has cvt?

U compared a Mazda 3 with a 121? Common!

Y on the earth u have to do it?

• 1 year later...

Yah, It's the same shock, Difference is JDM comes with soft once from Japan. If u buy a new set they are hard once because once in SL market are hard shocks. Just buy a set of K&B from Tas#. it'll work.

i believe that the Ground clearance is depends on the size of the suspension coil spring, isn't it? what do you experts say??

mate just tell me what are the options u found less in a ES 5 compared to a so called 121? and cheap interior in a ES 5. come on.. im sure u havent seen a ES5 let alone driving it.