• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dialog Tv Or Peo Tv

pontiac_gto

It is no more or less legal than the Sri Lankan chaps in neighbouring countries who use their Dialog decoder outside of SL.

fair enough.

This might sound stupid but I don't know how this works. Lets say I get a dish tv or some other connection and put in the data car in my dialog box. Will that work?

Currently i'm using Peo tv facility from S1T. But the connection is giving some problems. Sometimes the signal is lossing and wait for few minutes. So i planned to move to D1alog TV. But I have heard that also giving some signaling issues. So please help me to decide.

Thanks

Dont get Dialog tv. Specially with the rain season coming! If you are not bothered about the local channels why not get a Indian provider with HD channels.

It is no more or less legal than the Sri Lankan chaps in neighbouring countries who use their Dialog decoder outside of SL.

so we have to pay a monthly rental to a local guy that install this dishtv right ? are they paying dishtc in return to keep the connection alive? or is it some kind of a card system they're using?

so we have to pay a monthly rental to a local guy that install this dishtv right ? are they paying dishtc in return to keep the connection alive? or is it some kind of a card system they're using?

Machan you can pay online using the VIC number (thats on the card stuck into the decoder), its cheaper than using the so called 'local agents'. Downside is sometimes their stupid site doesnt process your payment & keeps rejecting it. I have a friend in India so he pays it for me.

Machan you can pay online using the VIC number (thats on the card stuck into the decoder), its cheaper than using the so called 'local agents'. Downside is sometimes their stupid site doesnt process your payment & keeps rejecting it. I have a friend in India so he pays it for me.

ah thanks mate, now I get it. :alc:

I have 2 PEO TV connections. Even I faced this with my old connection. These issue come with the increase of the band width. You can call 1243 and make a complaning. They will come and adjest the setting. Then it sould be fine.

My new connection doesnt give any isseus. This issue is mainly with the old routers. The new wireless routers work fine

Videocon only takes indian credit cards. I think its the same with Dishtv.the dealers keep about 200 bucks from our payment. I think its fair enough. and its still cheaper than Dialog or Peotv full packages. This includes HD channels as well.

I have 2 PEO TV connections. Even I faced this with my old connection. These issue come with the increase of the band width. You can call 1243 and make a complaning. They will come and adjest the setting. Then it sould be fine.

My new connection doesnt give any isseus. This issue is mainly with the old routers. The new wireless routers work fine

='Harry (aq)',

I have two connections old one is giving trouble. New one they came and corrected the problem it is ok now. When did they give wireless routers?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I registered with SLT on 20th dec 2011 for there all 3 special package(peo tv/phone line/internet). Got d phone line connected d 1st week itself. But till now no peo tv or internet!! Excuse is that they have no peo tv setup units in stock!! Plus there customer service is a joke!!! And the guy who handles d new connections in my area is always in his lunch break!! I managed to get his mobile no, but he never answers or he hangs up on purpose!! I went and spoke to the manager the other day, & his alternative is for a partial refund!! :angry2: :angry2:

So my opinion about PEO TV - :angry-smiley-002:

I registered with SLT on 20th dec 2011 for there all 3 special package(peo tv/phone line/internet). Got d phone line connected d 1st week itself. But till now no peo tv or internet!! Excuse is that they have no peo tv setup units in stock!! Plus there customer service is a joke!!! And the guy who handles d new connections in my area is always in his lunch break!! I managed to get his mobile no, but he never answers or he hangs up on purpose!! I went and spoke to the manager the other day, & his alternative is for a partial refund!! :angry2: :angry2:

So my opinion about PEO TV - :angry-smiley-002:

KAL,

I think Peotv has received their mew stocks now. Yesterday they came with a laptop connected my line to same and the technician had an discussion with the exchange and did some adjustments to my line fixed the same, it is OK at the moment do not know how long it will last.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Does anyone knows about Terrestrial tv? We can buy this for Rs5000 initial cost and Rs500 for month. 35+ channels available including local channels. This is what I now about this. I need to disconnect Peo tv and need to move to a better one. If someone using this please tell about the transmission quality and other things.

Thanks

Hi All,

Does anyone knows about Terrestrial tv? We can buy this for Rs5000 initial cost and Rs500 for month. 35+ channels available including local channels. This is what I now about this. I need to disconnect Peo tv and need to move to a better one. If someone using this please tell about the transmission quality and other things.

Thanks

'pontiac_gto',

I have no idea of Terrestrial TV. According to your post it looks cheap than POTV.

Have two POTV connections, one is connected to my Fax line, other is connected to another land line. The line on my fax line do not give any problems other one is always giving trouble to notify as no connection waiting for signal. Some times the ADSL is also not working.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, if the land line clear when you listen to the handset, yet the ADSL is giving you issues, have SLT check your router/modem. I just had my router replaced by them because my TV and downloads were slow, but the line itself is crystal clear. The fellows said it was an issue with the light blue ZTE modems.

Sylvi, if the land line clear when you listen to the handset, yet the ADSL is giving you issues, have SLT check your router/modem. I just had my router replaced by them because my TV and downloads were slow, but the line itself is crystal clear. The fellows said it was an issue with the light blue ZTE modems.

'terrabytetango',

There are no distortion on the both lines are crystal clear voice conversations.

I have one ZTE light blue one modem that was giving trouble then SLT came with a lap top connected to the line and changed some things on the exchange, after that I got good reception on POTV.

ZTE White one is the one which is giving trouble at the moment.

Still some times have to on and off the both modems.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi All,

Thanks

what your'e refering is Tvlanka Digital.40+ chanells for Rs 499/- initial cost is around 5000/-. i too called to a guy there signals are available only in bambalapitiya area. now there are working in gampaha area.dont know about the quality of that product.

Hi All,

Thanks

This is the digital terrestrial broadcast by TV Lanka. Similar to normal Rupavahini/ITN/Derana broadcast but a Digital signal (DVB-T) instead of the analog signals we are used to up to now. They need broadcasting towers to cover an area and right now only covers about 1% of the island, mainly in colombo.

The quality would be good; you either get a full signal or none - so none of the snowy effects of normal analogue transmissions, when the signal is weak.

But it will not be HD, because the bandwidth for HD broadcast would be (prohibitively) high. Even the HD channels they hv noted in thier advertisement will be broadcast in SD.

Not a bad option for that amount of money, but cannot be directly compared to Sattelite services like Dialog TV who now transmit it HD, cover the island and carry many other information other than just the picture.

• 4 months later...