• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dialog Tv Or Peo Tv

pontiac_gto

I have tried this with my dad, way before DTV or PEOTV came out. he had a 1 big dish and another small one for c band and ku band. had no other equipment only the decoder 2 dishes and the LNB's. but got some information from the internet on how to align and the correct directions. I remember running around moving the dishes trying to get hold of some satellites. It was frustrating but we eventually succeeded, got hold of about 8 satellites and about 70 FTV channels chinese, russian, french some english but mostly indian and some were HD I think. We were delighted when new channels and satellites appeared. from time to time some channels disappeared and new ones popped up and had to rescan to get hold of new channels. Then all of a sudden DTV came out and we moved to that. Still have the rusted old dishes LNB's and the decoder. I'd say its a interesting hobby if you have the equipment and time.

Yes, it is a vey interesting subjact and it give you a better picture of what's happening in the world around us than what shown on our local channels. Sorry, to say but the local channels don't cover any international news, they run thought the int'l. news in 60 sec's like the larger world does not matter to us in Sri Lanka.

I think we should be more knowledgeable about whats going on, and I just cannot understand why we still are 20-30 yrs backwards when it comes to integreting with the rest of the world on the technological front.

Yes, it is a vey interesting subjact and it give you a better picture of what's happening in the world around us than what shown on our local channels. Sorry, to say but the local channels don't cover any international news, they run thought the int'l. news in 60 sec's like the larger world does not matter to us in Sri Lanka.

I think we should be more knowledgeable about whats going on, and I just cannot understand why we still are 20-30 yrs backwards when it comes to integreting with the rest of the world on the technological front.

ummm doesn't art tv air cnn?

" I just cannot understand why we still are 20-30 yrs backwards when it comes to integreting with the rest of the world on the technological front."

What a b.s. statement. Ever heard of first adopters? Us, not bieng first adopters, or as you say "20-30 years backwards" have gained a lot from where we stand and it has helped us save a lot of money by making us ignore failed, or failing mediums. When we do adopt the medium it would be at a lover cost than that of the first adopters.

Edited by jdnet

I personally think LBN is the way to go if its covered in your area. I used it for about 7 years when I was in Wellawatte. No problems whatsoever. Sadly they don't cover Borella which kinda sucks.

Yeah their rates are cheaper too right? afaik they use fiber optic cables so picture quality could be better than the other providers? LBN's been around for some time I dont know why they dont expand their network, they have great potential.

Yeah their rates are cheaper too right? afaik they use fiber optic cables so picture quality could be better than the other providers? LBN's been around for some time I dont know why they dont expand their network, they have great potential.

Ya the packages are cheaper, picture quality was also really good & moreover there were no interruptions when it started raining. They were using the SLT posts for their cabling, etc at the time. so i think they needed to get approval for drawing the lines across, etc etc. When I first got it, the house opposite to mine had a connection & it took them 3 months to get approval for mine. Ya it is a shame that they don't expand, probably more to it for them to get approval etc.

Well, not exactly true. For example, we DID have 3G before the US did. As to why, infrastructure costs money.

'SeanD',

I have tried number of people who offer above systems for last ten years. Then there were no SL Satellite broadcasts they have pay channels. But POTV was the best at the start. Slandered had deteriorated at present.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

Would appreciate it if you would take a little more care when posting. If you have read the thread at all, you might have realized that its PEOTv, not POTV. I have no idea how you came up with Slandered for Standard.

If you take a little more care and take posting seriously, people might take you seriously. If you think your post is so unimportant that you will just type gibberish and send out, then don't wonder why some people feel the need to insult you.

Sylvi,

Would appreciate it if you would take a little more care when posting. If you have read the thread at all, you might have realized that its PEOTv, not POTV. I have no idea how you came up with Slandered for Standard.

If you take a little more care and take posting seriously, people might take you seriously. If you think your post is so unimportant that you will just type gibberish and send out, then don't wonder why some people feel the need to insult you.

Oh was it standard? I thought he was saying that PEO Tv was the best at the start, but that they got slandered!

Sylvi,

'Pericles,

Thank you for your post I accept your advice. There are few member do not like my posts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinhe.

'Pericles,

Thank you for your post I accept your advice. There are few member do not like my posts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinhe.

Whoa dude....you wrote your name twice and the second time you wrote it you spelt it wrong... I think its time to hang up your keyboard sheriff.

Ya the packages are cheaper, picture quality was also really good & moreover there were no interruptions when it started raining. They were using the SLT posts for their cabling, etc at the time. so i think they needed to get approval for drawing the lines across, etc etc. When I first got it, the house opposite to mine had a connection & it took them 3 months to get approval for mine. Ya it is a shame that they don't expand, probably more to it for them to get approval etc.

Yeah maybe SLT is not giving permission to use their posts for further expansion.

I'm with the LBN and while they have the best product out there IMO, I must say that their customer service is not nearly as good as Dialog and they are very sslllloooowwww at getting things done.

Thats their main problem and the lack of interest to expand.

I'm with the LBN and while they have the best product out there IMO, I must say that their customer service is not nearly as good as Dialog and they are very sslllloooowwww at getting things done.

I'm not so sure about the product. Have it myself. Less channels, for example, no Discovery Turbo. But the most reliable provider, they don't have issues every time it rains.

Dialog just pissed me off the day we got set at a buddies place to watch the NBA All-Star game on his 42 inch screen, and a little rain squall messed up that plan. If I stayed home I could have at least seen the damn thing!

Mr. 'ShintaroX',

Should practice lot if not I cannot find the correct point to? so others can follow when I post my experience.

Best wishes.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Do you mean you find it difficult to find your 'point'? Well yes at your age men do find it difficult to make a point and as you say you should keep practising with it until you find a point. But don't post your experience on this, children read this you know, plus I think if JDNet accidently conjures up a mental image of you practising with your point, he may vomit projectile fashion all over his screen. But, just out of curiosity, do you practise while your typing? Is that why you typed your name twice?

Members of this list,

I know my English it is the Queens language. I understand what you mean by ELBOW GREASE

Please do not try to teach me English. I have read good English long ago can stand on any forum and answer any question.

One member said glass houses should not throw rocks at others"

He may be a one covered member who had used to same?

Dogs will bark at moon but moon will never come down.

Regards,

Wijesinghe.

Do you mean you find it difficult to find your 'point'? Well yes at your age men do find it difficult to make a point and as you say you should keep practising with it until you find a point. But don't post your experience on this, children read this you know, plus I think if JDNet accidently conjures up a mental image of you practising with your point, he may vomit projectile fashion all over his screen. But, just out of curiosity, do you practise while your typing? Is that why you typed your name twice?

Dear Mr.'ShintaroX'

My pointing days are gone; the Sildenafil Citrate is there thanks to Fizer Corporation of USA. All men should honor them for producing the wonderful sweet. To fulfill old men like mine biological requirement. There is no any other ting in this world a human can enjoy during that few seconds

I may have done a mistake by typing a letter short and sometimes the screen do not show the signature, at those times I type twice.

We are out of the topic. Moderator will not object to our posts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Mr.'ShintaroX'

My pointing days are gone; the Sildenafil Citrate is there thanks to Fizer Corporation of USA. All men should honor them for producing the wonderful sweet. To fulfill old men like mine biological requirement. There is no any other ting in this world a human can enjoy during that few seconds

I may have done a mistake by typing a letter short and sometimes the screen do not show the signature, at those times I type twice.

We are out of the topic. Moderator will not object to our posts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

wtf.gif

I hear at your age flunitrazepam works better. Put it in a prospective mate's drink.

I'm curious, is this whole dish tv. tata etc. business illegal or in a gray area? They aren't operating with a license from the trc right?

It is no more or less legal than the Sri Lankan chaps in neighbouring countries who use their Dialog decoder outside of SL.

I'm curious, is this whole dish tv. tata etc. business illegal or in a gray area? They aren't operating with a license from the trc right?

I've heard some where that using dishtv outside india is illegal.

Edited by Reckless