• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes W203 C180 & C230 Fuel Consumption

hiranwic

Does any one did a actual testing in Fuel Consumption of both C180 & C230 non Kompressor (2004 ~ 2006 models), their cost of maintanance

I am looking to buy one for daily running

----

"T-Bag, on 21 May 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

You need to know a Fuel consumption on a Merc???? Well, for the first time I'll give reasonable advice to you. If you are thinking to buy one, please remove your thought. second if you already bought one please use the autolanka advertising scheme to sell it off. Fuel&Merc doesn't match. Use a Passo or Viva Elite. Please don't insult the German Technology."

----

Reply to T-Bag - Just for your infor I Purchased a Mercedes C Class & Thanks for the Other Forum Members for their valuable advise.

My Previous car was a BMW 3-Series, its is the efficiency (Fuel to weight Ratio) that I was looking for and Yes all vehicle manufactures are considering and applying their techonoly to save every drop of fule and get the maximum out of it , so the "GERMAN TECHNOLOGY" will surely make their cars more fuel effecient. If you are still sleeping Pls wake up :-)

Edited by hiranwic

• 3 months later...

You need to know a Fuel consumption on a Merc???? Well, for the first time I'll give reasonable advice to you. If you are thinking to buy one, please remove your thought. second if you already bought one please use the autolanka advertising scheme to sell it off. Fuel&Merc doesn't match. Use a Passo or Viva Elite. Please don't insult the German Technology.

not to insult anyone...but aren't Merc pushing ahead with BlueEfficiency tech throughout most of their range...even their flagship S has a diesel BlueE model as well as a hybrid model...so I think it's safe to say that fuel efficiency has become a priority even among premium marques..."Fuel&Merc doesn't match" isn't entirely accurate..

the only manufacturers for whom fuel efficiency would be low on the list would be of course the supercar and ultra-luxury marques at the far end of the spectrum..

Does any one did a actual testing in Fuel Consumption of both C180 & C230 non Kompressor (2004 ~ 2006 models), their cost of maintanance

I am looking to buy one for daily running

Stay away from the C230 if you can. I'm pretty sure that particular model which came here was from from Indonesia. Also if you're looking for fuel efficiency that's not the engine to go for either. My friend had one and it was a guzzler. With around 200 horses It was very quick though.

i have a 2011 C180 and it does abt 9-10.... less when you really push it

Could be. But if you do with careful driving, even in city limits it does very good. i'v checked mine in both traffic and no-traffic conditions.

Morning with traffic does about 11.. and evening (around 7pm) can easily bring up around 13. Home to office i got 22km so naturaly in the evening im having a smooth run since no traffic.

Could be. But if you do with careful driving, even in city limits it does very good. i'v checked mine in both traffic and no-traffic conditions.

Morning with traffic does about 11.. and evening (around 7pm) can easily bring up around 13. Home to office i got 22km so naturaly in the evening im having a smooth run since no traffic.

22??? thats better than a prius i guess...have used it much since i got it only a few hundred km's

• 8 months later...
how are the C180's on power? are they supercharged?

Did it have a "Kompressor" badge? Then it has some kinda FI :P

I have driven one quite a long distance once, but it was some time ago. Guessing there was about 2 new models since then. So the comparison might not be valid. I'd say ping MadMax, but US versions and US fuel might not be a great comparison either. Think his wife uses a C.

Going up-market, Fuzzo? :)