• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

As expected Re*bull has the pole and no 2 in Korean GP qualifying...here is the top 10

1. Mark Webber 1’37.242
  2. Sebastian Vettel 1’37.316
  3. Lewis Hamilton 1’37.469
  4. Fernando Alonso 1’37.534
  5. Kimi Raikkonen 1’37.625
  6. Felipe Massa 1’37.884
  7. Romain Grosjean 1’37.934
  8. Nico Hulkenberg 1’38.266
  9. Nico Rosberg 1’38.361
  10. Michael Schumacher 1’38.513

Edited by Simplelife

So ferrari were not expecting to qualify so much up the order, best grid position since Germany ! .. It's fair to say they didn't know their true pace till Q3. They were a Little more than a second off the pace to the bulls in all three practice sessions.. But what is known for a fact is they have good long distance pace. I just hope there are no more first corner incidents. And thank god the "finger" didn't get pole! Shame about no-grip button not getting into Q3!

On other news an arrest warrant for vijay Malaya ! I guess two drivers up for grabs for cheap...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/8160657/Arrest-warrant-issued-for-Mallya

I expect Ferrari to have the pace to challenge for a win in the race. Looks like the small changes have worked well for qualifying. They are bring bigger changes for India. All in all looks set to be an exciting race.

So ferrari were not expecting to qualify so much up the order, best grid position since Germany ! .. It's fair to say they didn't know their true pace till Q3. They were a Little more than a second off the pace to the bulls in all three practice sessions.. But what is known for a fact is they have good long distance pace. I just hope there are no more first corner incidents. And thank god the "finger" didn't get pole! Shame about no-grip button not getting into Q3!

On other news an arrest warrant for vijay Malaya ! I guess two drivers up for grabs for cheap...

http://www.planetf1....sued-for-Mallya

As a big Alo & Ferrari fan i expect Ferrari to do well in the qualifying all the time, but looks like RBR did some modifications hence they have picked up more pace lately, however sadly due to some various reason Ferrari were unable to do well during last few races. I too agree this is the best position for them after Hockenheim! I just hope grosjean (or anyone else) wont ruined Alo's race this time around.

Edited by Simplelife

Massa seemed to have more pace than Alo most of the time during the race. I guess his 2013 seat will now be confirmed.

Indeed, Massa’s place is secure for 2013. He was doing good during last few races. But I still wonder why he did not do this earlier in the season including last year and perform well only when his seat was under threat! Coz Ferrari could have secure more points earlier if Massa drove more sensibly....

Edited by Simplelife

Indeed, Massa’s place is secure for 2013. He was doing good during last few races. But I still wonder why he did not do this earlier in the season including last year and perform well only when his seat was under threat! Coz Ferrari could have secure more points earlier if Massa drove more sensibly....

Coming back after a near death experience isn't easy I suppose. He probably had internal conflicts about if it is worth the risk on one hand and on the other this is his chosen career, and it's too early to retire. Each time he was doing 200km/h and saw some debris on the road it must have reminded him of what happened. Not easy for "normal" people. I guess he's finally been able to overcome that fear.

I think maybe Fernando drove to secure the points and not to risk losing all. He was definitely taking care of the tires most of the time.

But Massa definitely was faster even at the end when both of them carved down their lap times.

BTW, is it just me thinking that RBR nervousness at the end of every race is just a show, right now? True that the car failed to finish once but both cars handle well at pace and also do not kill the tires as they used to ...

I think it was a bit of a show on RBR's part. Probably trying to get Ferrari excited and into a chase and busting their tyres. Alo seldom falls for such. That said Vettel need not have pushed so hard in the closing laps given the lead he had.

I was thinking that someone would try a 3 stopper with the supersofts for the last stint. Might have been able to get close to qualifying times which were 2-3 secs quicker than the latter race pace. That was the only way Ferrari would have been able to challenge the bulls. But they played it safe.

I think realistically fernando's chances of clinching the drivers championship is quite bleak. The reds in terms of performance are a good 1 second off the pace of red bulls . Although the race pace of the ferraris were much better compared to quali the RBR cars were in a league of their own. The gap seb pulls out in the initial couple of laps into the race is just amazing and when he is at the front he just keeps extending his lead and from that point onwards unless they have any mechanical issues its game over for anyone else. Add to the fact fernando needs to outperform not one but two blisteringly fast RBR's and it is a bloody tall order. Although the ferraris will be bring in more parts in the coming races, so will the bulls ! So don't see this happening unless seb has a DNF.. It was so disappointing how fernando couldn't set the car up as well as filipe did in Korea. if he had that pace of car #6 he would have surely taken mark on, put pressure on seb, who would have driven the socks off that car and just ruined his tires and gone off the track. who knows, if's and but's..The fact of the matter is RBR have a team with great work ethic and the best of best in F1 right now and the pure genius of Mr newey. also their mechanics (according to Skysports) are the last people to leave the garage during the race weekend. When you just look at the team you can see them ooze confidence.. With that pumping music in the background it must be something else working in that garage!

On a seperate note its funny how the pole sitter is on the dirtier side of the track and 2nd on the grid has the advantage to the first corner in Korea.

I heard that too, but Montezemolo has denied that story saying that he doesn’t want “two roosters” at the team. Having said that Ferrari have a history of rejecting future deals until they actually happens. So guess we will have to wait and see how it goes… but IMO bringing Sebe in to Ferrari will not do any good for Alo’s carrier .....

I think realistically fernando's chances of clinching the drivers championship is quite bleak. The reds in terms of performance are a good 1 second off the pace of red bulls . Although the race pace of the ferraris were much better compared to quali the RBR cars were in a league of their own. The gap seb pulls out in the initial couple of laps into the race is just amazing and when he is at the front he just keeps extending his lead and from that point onwards unless they have any mechanical issues its game over for anyone else. Add to the fact fernando needs to outperform not one but two blisteringly fast RBR's and it is a bloody tall order. Although the ferraris will be bring in more parts in the coming races, so will the bulls ! So don't see this happening unless seb has a DNF.. It was so disappointing how fernando couldn't set the car up as well as filipe did in Korea. if he had that pace of car #6 he would have surely taken mark on, put pressure on seb, who would have driven the socks off that car and just ruined his tires and gone off the track. who knows, if's and but's..The fact of the matter is RBR have a team with great work ethic and the best of best in F1 right now and the pure genius of Mr newey. also their mechanics (according to Skysports) are the last people to leave the garage during the race weekend. When you just look at the team you can see them ooze confidence.. With that pumping music in the background it must be something else working in that garage!

Agreed.

At the start the with the elongated yellow flag DRS was disabled which made Vettel run away from the pack.

If this was any other circuit they would have removed Rosberg's car more quickly.

Or else they would have used a safety car.

And at the end only using a yellow flag for the carpet incident and not using a safety car also favored vettel.

if there had been a safety car and a small sprint to the flag his ruined tiered might have made Vettel lose some places to alonso and massa

(well may be Webber :D).

This was a disaster for Hami but as for Alonso who is battling for the top spot it proved decisive.

I don't understand why they didn't deploy the safety car. Don't know whether they wanted a hyundai insted of the merc.

Well in a nut shell the organization of the Korean GP sucks, and if they wouldn't improve it well it should be off the calender.

Edited by Clark's son

Maranello, 16 October - The Scuderia Ferrari announces it has renewed its contract with Felipe Massa until the end of the 2013 season.

Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa will be, therefore, the Scuderia for next year

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another happy day at office for christian horner as "finger" set his 35th Pole and both RBR boys are at P1 & P2 in the Indian GP. here is to top 10 line up for tomorrow's race.

P1. Vettle

2. Webber

3. Hamilton

4. Button

5. Alonso

6. Massa

7. Kimi

8. Perez

9. Maldonado

10. Rosberg

Drive of the day: Seb or Fernando?

Seriously will we hv to wait till 2014 to find out ..... :(

I'll have to go for Alonso, for particularly keeping the Ferrari in front of the McLarens. Was sad for Webber as he was going pretty well until the Kers issues pushed him down from second place, but still fought Hamilton to get on the Podium.

Stunning performance by Hamilton earned him his 6th pole for this year while 2 RBR boys came 2nd 3rd at the Abu-Dhabi GP this evening. Sadly Alo made only P7 BUT with straight line speed i hope we could see more fireworks from him.

however interstingly Seb parked his car before the end of his lap in the Q3. Reason is still unknow but will he be penalized like Hamilton when he parked his car on track?

Its going to be very interesting the Yas Marina 2012. Penalty will put him at the back of the grid, however RBR decided that Vettel will start as 24th from pit lane.

The hidden idea for this move is that pit lane start will enable them to change such features like grear ration changes, downforce settings to suit racing conditions. F1 parc ferme rules dictate teams cannot modify cars between Q3 and Race.

Happy Abu Dhabi F1 friends!

MINIACE

Whoa!! unbelievable race and probably the best race for the season for me!

first Hamilton was pretty unfortunate not to finish the race, and the TV coverage did not show what took place in his car. And then ice man managed to record a Lotus victory after 1987! and hat's off for that drive!

Then pretty amazing race by Sebs, amazing recovery to start from the pit lane and to finish in the podium. BUT i'm confused why he was not penalized for that over take maneuver against Grojean where all of his 4 wheels were out of the track! hmmmmm

And yet again suberb driving by Alo to add some more points for his tally and now he is just 10 points beind Sebs.

Last but not least this radio conversation took place between Kimi and his team.

"team : you have to work on yout 4 tyres, you have to work on your 4 tires pls!

Kimi: Yes yes yes, I'm doing that! you dont have to remind it at all the time!!

Epic

Well both my head and heart could not predict this outcome! What-a-brilliant-race - really sad to miss it in person.

If you disregard the effect on each other - it was a dream race for Kimi, Fernando & Seb; all three.

But in terms of Championship - keeps both Seb and Fernando running although the latter could hv hoped for better luck (or bad luck for Seb).

I don't think he could hv caught the iceman, even if he started the 'attack' a couple of laps earlier than he did - that would hv been too much of a risk to take.

BUT i'm confused why he was not penalized for that over take maneuver against Grojean where all of his 4 wheels were out of the track! hmmmmm

He gave the position back on the instructions of the pitwall and took it back legitimately a lap later.

Last but not least this radio conversation took place between Kimi and his team.

"team : you have to work on yout 4 tyres, you have to work on your 4 tires pls!

Kimi: Yes yes yes, I'm doing that! you dont have to remind it at all the time!!

Epic

Abosolutely epic! I could not help laughing for a long time :D

Pity about Lewis though ....