• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

Why keep Massa for one more year? I don't think the Italians would be 'that' magnanimous.

Every time I look at the score sheets I think what the hell ferrari is doing keeping Massa,

But some times his driving makes me think otherwise.

For exaple last time how he came up from last place was entertaining.

and how he passed Perez.

Well if he is kicked out from ferrari he should at least have a spot in a smaller team and as sauber lost perez it would be fine.

He is defenetly in the best 24 drivers for sure.

And when you consider Massa's overtaking and how the incredible HULKenburg Hulk smashed both saubers. :D

Edited by Clark's son

Every time I look at the score sheets I think what the hell ferrari is doing keeping Massa,

But some times his driving makes me think otherwise.

For exaple last time how he came up from last place was entertaining.

and how he passed Perez.

Well if he is kicked out from ferrari he should at least have a spot in a smaller team and as sauber lost perez it would be fine.

He is defenetly in the best 24 drivers for sure.

And when you consider Massa's overtaking and how the incredible HULKenburg Hulk smashed both saubers. :D

Precisely that - Massa's hot and cold. Alonso would do it everytime; if he's at back he tears through the grid, and so would a few others. Massa would do it 'when he's in the mood'. So the top 3 teams looking for consistency would look elsewhere, is my guess. It's unlike giving an F1 upstart like Perez a chance. I'm sure that Massa still has time in F1 and with the right mindset (& car) he could be a championship contender .. but not right now.

Yes its official now . Hamilton for Mercedes and Perez replaces him at McLarens. Sure Bob Bell got to work had to prepare cars for 2013 to match Hamiltons overaggressive style.The thirsty ,slow ,rubber eating F1 W03 will never bring good results for LH.

MINIACE

Schumacher given a 10 place grid penalty for the Japanese GP. Schumy admitted he made a mistake and crashed into Vergnes car at Sing GP.. Earlier this year Schumy had a similar accident at Barcelona and lost Monaco pole as a result.

MINIACE

Sad to see Michael go again.The past three years he may not been at his best but he is arguably still the best F1 driver ever.I remember I was a wee tifosi when he came to Ferrari from Benetton when Ferrari haven't won a title for 13 or so years and slowly built a team around him for four years untill the consecutive 5 title run.I didn't like him as a driver back then cos he was very ruthless and did some not so nice things to win.I still remember watching on Rupavahini news the race where he punted out Damon Hill to win the championship.Some of the quali/races he did with inferior cars in the early years was unbelievable.

I see signs of Schumi in Alonso.Both came to Ferrari after winning two titles for a Flavio Briatorre managed team and Fernando is definately building a great team around him.

Why keep Massa for one more year? I don't think the Italians would be 'that' magnanimous.

Well Ferrari are looking for a number two driver.they don't want a young latin hot head challenging Alonso,And To be fair Massa has improved over the past few races.I personally would like to see Kovalainen in the second car,if not then Hulkenberg.

So two Red Bulls up front, Kobayashi on third (if he's lucky with the stewards), McLarens at the back of top 10 (all partly courtesy Kimi!) ...

Dissapointed (again) with Massa as he showed a lot of promise early but faded out of Q3 again, though he'll be back at 10 with Hulk demoted.

Is it Vettel's race to lose?

It seems like Vettel has blocked Alonso in his only lap on Q3.

IMO

Vettel should be given at least a 5 place penalty as this is a fight for the 1st spot in the standings.

EDIT

It was Kimi who spun out in Q3 and the drivers behind him on their hot lap had to show a 'lift' because of yellow flag conditions.But eitherway there was no stopping the Red Bulls today.That was an amazing lap by Vettel and definitely his race to lose tommorrow.

Edited by MasterDon

Vettle was reprimanded by the stewards for blocking alonso but still gets to keep pole position. I didn't see this happen either as it wasnt shown on live tv but heard it on the news.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103148

My apologies...Indeed Ferrari have complained and Vettel reprimanded.Fair enough I guess Alonso wouldn't have lost too much time seeing as it was at was at the last chicane on the outlap.

Vettle was reprimanded by the stewards for blocking alonso but still gets to keep pole position. I didn't see this happen either as it wasnt shown on live tv but heard it on the news.

Here is the video of Vettel-Alonso Q3 drama.

MINIACE

And .. yet another 1st corner retirement for Fernando! A spin caused by contact with Kimi's lotus while Grosjean rams Webber.

Lotuses seems to hv a knack for spoiling it for everyone else.

Ferrari lost the control for the title race with this, it will be an uphill task for them in the next few races and I hv my doubts.

Well, Grosjean got a penalty for it, Kimi's contact might be just a racing incident.

Edited by vishkid

What a waste, waking at 5 am to watch a stupid Fin with no regard for any other driver, taking out the title leader! Talk about running out of luck.. It seems fernando's magic dust machine is running out of steam. But on a positive note massa is currently doing a Stella job and everyone is at a level playing field and .... Aw Who are we kidding. They just don't have the car for it. Whereas the bulls have started to show their true colours. The reds need pure pace and not just rely on others misfortune if they wants to shot at the title.

Well the worst has happened for the Fezza.But happy for Felipe....and Kobayashi ofcourse who is possibly the best Japanese F1 driver ever,only Takuma Sato comes close....other Japs have been crap to be honest.

I wonder how R*D B*LL found their pace back again all of a sudden,hmm I think it's time the stewards looked at their engine mapping again.But bottom line is Ferrari are losing the development race big time to McLaren and RB.They've even started complaining about their wind tunnel again.

I wonder if its worth for Lotus to retain Grosjean for next year.Sure the guy is very fast but rarely gets past first corner without loosing half the bits of his car.It was the same back in 2008 when he replaced Piquet junior,seems he has matured very little.

Pretty unhappy as an Alonso fan but it was an racing incident

By the way Massa was driving it seems like he would have had a good chance.

BTW it may be that Massa has managed to get his skills together again.

Hoping to see the Brazilian in 2013, as I've said before he should be in the top 24.

And what was Perez thinking.

He must have been overwhelmed by going behind the car he is going to drive next year, and after such good things that hami said, he just blamed him, for not getting out of the way like he was laping him.

Something should be done to Grosjean to avoid him ruining other peoples opportunities.

It seems that Webber who was taken out by him would have gone on to the podium if not for that accident.

Edited by Clark's son

I wonder how R*D B*LL found their pace back again all of a sudden,hmm I think it's time the stewards looked at their engine mapping again.

+1 RBR are fast becoming the new Benetton F1.

<rant> and yeah, while I don't like Alonso, it was a shame his race ended the way it did. And I couldn't understand what McLaren were aiming for this time. It was clear that Hami was happy with the car, and the radio convos all pointed to them wanting him where he was. I think maybe they wanted Button to get a podium place again? I was really hoping for that, but I suppose Kobayashi did deserve his 15 minutes of fame. </rant>

Edited by terrabytetango

LOL Webber's reaction @ 4.24.Gotta love him,says it as it is...BTW just saw on Twitter Lewis Hamilton bitching about Jenson Button not 'following' him.I like the guy's driving but what a drama queen.Its another PR disaster for McLaren... https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH4CHXCuWnM&feature=g-u-u

• Like 2