• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2012

MasterDon

Guys there was an excellent documentary on the BBC called Formula 1 the killer years which was broadcast over last week end. It covered the era in the 50s to the 70s when deaths in Formula 1 were very common (sometimes multiple deaths and the race carried on) and there was also a very interesting piece on Colin Chapman. I noticed its available in bits on youtube or if you can find a UK proxy server you can watch it via the iPlayer.

I remembered it when MD mentioned the sad passing of "The Prof". I didn't really know about him until I watched Senna the documentary.

May he rest in peace.....

Edited by The Don

Here's Anthony Davidson giving a good explanation of the Alonso/Vettel incident at Monza.As i said Charlie Whiting and the FIA has been very strict about leaving room for other drivers after the Rosberg incidents at Bahrain....The uploader has edited the Skysports race footage for copyright reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMSD43foSUM

Here's Anthony Davidson giving a good explanation of the Alonso/Vettel incident at Monza.As i said Charlie Whiting and the FIA has been very strict about leaving room for other drivers after the Rosberg incidents at Bahrain....The uploader has edited the Skysports race footage for copyright reasons.

That's a real nice one!

Missed it completely because I had forgotten synchronize the F1 calendar after I had updated the firmware on my phone, and didn't realize it till I was about 80kms away from home. It was Hami's race to take, shame about the mechanical failure :( But at least Button got podium and Alonso didn't win.

But at least Button got podium and Alonso didn't win.

Ha ha .. so you dislike the F1 princess eh? He did not need to win, he still has a one race cushion and the points would do him nicely.

Looking at how tense Horner and Newey was till the chequered flag, they still are not relaxed about the reliability of the RBR.

I'm sure the end of 2nd asian leg would set up a nice run to the finish for the front runners but right now Ferrari and Alonso has many things falling to place.

I'm sure the end of 2nd asian leg would set up a nice run to the finish for the front runners but right now Ferrari and Alonso has many things falling to place.

Not really! It may seem like it but there is so much luck one Can have..It's still pretty much still open. Vettel had a similar points deficit in 2010 with 6 races to go and he came back to win the title. Plus mclaren have a killer pace at the moment, not to say RBR doesnt, Still open for the taking. I for one am an alonso fan but unless Ferrari really pick up the pace it's going to be really difficult for him to win the ch'ship just based on race pace as its just not enough. he needs atleast one or two race wins in the next 6. My money is on ham or vet. ...I hope this reverse psychology sh*t works

Not really! It may seem like it but there is so much luck one Can have..It's still pretty much still open. Vettel had a similar points deficit in 2010 with 6 races to go and he came back to win the title. Plus mclaren have a killer pace at the moment, not to say RBR doesnt, Still open for the taking. I for one am an alonso fan but unless Ferrari really pick up the pace it's going to be really difficult for him to win the ch'ship just based on race pace as its just not enough. he needs atleast one or two race wins in the next 6. My money is on ham or vet. ...I hope this reverse psychology sh*t works

I agree with you - that's why I said 'right now' .. I don't expect the F2012 to be seriously competitive at the top of the podium in the last few races, hence they need to get these 2 wins right now, at least one in asia! Tough ask ...

With the current qualifying pace of the F2012, and the on track pace deficit with the Macs at the initial stages it's hard to see a Ferrari win unless it rains or there are retirements in front. That said the faster tracks like Japan and Korea should suit the Ferrari better than Sing did, though I doubt they'll keep up with the Macs (they are so damn quick). Even though, I think Alo will pull through for his first Ferrari title if there are no more retirements. He's been extremely consistent and give him half a chance and he grabs it with both hands.

Looks like Lewis has finally made his decision.. and sad to see Shcumi's end...

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

G+ offical F1 stream is silent, but for an article yesterday that Schumi is officially still in talks from Mercedes. Hamilton's and McLaren's G+ is quiet. Twitter seems quiet too.

I'm not too keen to believe this until there is more collaboration.

He couldn't have timed it any better, what with the end of the world coming in 2 months new cars coming in 2014 thus pretty much resetting the entire playing field.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

If I was Stefano Domenicali I would replace Massa with Schumi for 2013.

I dont know, but as of late Ferrari is hardly been a team to give equal treatment to both drivers. And Alonso and Schumacher are both hot headed drivers who want to to be the No.1 driver.

Doesnt normally end well; in Ferrari's case of of other drivers who were pushed into the sidelines by Shumacher and in Alonso's case his mismatch with Lewis at McLaren.

Edited by Watchman

Yes true Watchman. But MS is at his last stages of his career and has nothing to lose after what amounts to a disastrous stint at Mercedes. Shumi is not numero uno at Merc as well. He's used to Ferrari. It'll be like coming back home. And from Ferrari's point of view he'll get a lot more points than Massa and help them with the constructors title. It's a win win for both and Michael can go out on a high.

this isnt helping with your campaign to promote G+ :P

Dude, the F1 stream on G+ must be one of the most active streams in all G+. I've had to minimize the updated from that, it drowns out all my other news. If it was official, it would be on it. They have some buggers with a sense of humour updating that thing. Shoulda seen the Mark Webber Gangnam Style pic :D

Meanwhile Mclaren has signed Perez.Good move I say.Jenson is a good driver and all but he is no Hamilton when it comes to raw speed.Perez will be able fill that gap.Actually Hamilton signing for Mercedes is not a bad move either, with the new engines coming for 2014 it's always good to drive for an engine supplier.Plus rumour is that Merc'll be getting whats called an advanced super simulator shortly.Which is a great benefit with the testing ban.And let's not forget that Ross Brawn is there.

Next up is who'd drive for Ferrari alongside Alonso next year.I say they'll keep Massa on a one year contract or sign Heiki Kovalainen.I've heard rumours that Kimi and Grosjean are possible replacements aswell.

Well I was hoping Perez would join Ferrari to replace Massa as he was in Ferrari's driver academy, nevertheless it’s a good move by McLaren to sign him up…2013 will be an interesting season if Ferrari could replace Massa too...