• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

First Fatal Accident On E01

coolcar

On a positive note...i hope people will take this case as a good lesson and start buckling up even on regular roads.

I've spoken to quite a few folks who hate the police for enforcing the seat belt law saying that for sri lanka it's not needed.

• Like 1

well,but belts arent for non english numbered vehicles!and this is a 65-xxxx car!

it is mandatory for all vehicles and all passengers travelling in E01 regardless of english numbers or not.

correct me if I am wrong

ive heard that if seatbelts were not on,the airbag doent come.if thats true

then Its a 65- car and im sure the driver wouldnt belted himself,so maybe thats why the airbag dint come on!

Incorrect. Air bags deploy regardless of seat belts worn or not. However, an unbelted occupant gets thrown too closer to the air bag in a frontal collision and the force of air bag deploying itself can cause some serious injuries. I cringe when I see adults let small children stand between the front passenger seat and the dashboard in moving cars. Airbag can deploy at low speeds as well and the poor child is just sitting ducks.

The pressure / load sensors under the front seats are to activate the in-dash seat belt warning light (and in some cars a chime as well) if car started moving with un-buckled front occupants.

Edited by HardHat

talk about seat belts and air bags!! check this out.... how stupid people can get......

yep, seen that sort of thing quite a few times on SL roads. Cause for a hefty fine and quite a few demerit points for the driver in many countries but not in SL

The pressure / load sensors under the front seats are to activate the in-dash seat belt warning light (and in some cars a chime as well) if car started moving with un-buckled front occupants.

That's only high end cars with multi memory power seats. In regular cars, there's a micro switch in the seat belt receptacle for that, or in the case of our van, the belt warning light was defeated by simply pulling the seat belt out a few inches and securing it to the load bearing bar behind the front seats. It had the sensor in the belt reel.

That's only high end cars with multi memory power seats. In regular cars, there's a micro switch in the seat belt receptacle for that, or in the case of our van, the belt warning light was defeated by simply pulling the seat belt out a few inches and securing it to the load bearing bar behind the front seats. It had the sensor in the belt reel.

yeah I guess automakers are not consistant in the way they warn (lack of) seat belt use

but I remember even in some of the low end cars I drove as back as 1994, the seat belt warning light started blinking and a chime went on as well, if car started moving with an unbelted front passenger. No warning though if there were no front passenger. So I guess only an under-seat sensor could have done that.

you might as well say the lives of people in non english numbered cars are less important and its ok for them to be ejected and impaled on objects outside -_-

ARe you mentally retarded?why on earth would i ever say that?

I am talking about the SL rules!why do cops stop english numbered vehicle and leave non english numbered vehicle for not wearing seat belts?WHY?its the rules,not becuase of racism.

why do you guys have to be so menstrual?

With recent cars, the micro-switching on passenger seats is often used to disable the passenger-side dash-board air-bag, seat- mounted airbags and seat-belt pyrotechnics as well as passenger-side aircurtains, if the seat is unoccupied. Why? Noise, these devices can damage your hearing when they go off, a design desire not to have too much air-baggery blowing around the car in an accident, a worry about kids in safety capsules (why sitting there!!) and reduced repair costs

I hate being prescriptive, but things are changing in SL with high-speed roads quickly coming on line. It's a no-brainer - "if the car's moving, seat belts on, for everone, all the time." And if the car ain't got seat belts...it ruddy well should have....retro kits might not be perfect but they are much better than nothing atall and help train all motorists and passengers to the idea of safety-belts. End of sermon!!!

ARe you mentally retarded?why on earth would i ever say that?

I am talking about the SL rules!why do cops stop english numbered vehicle and leave non english numbered vehicle for not wearing seat belts?WHY?its the rules,not becuase of racism.

why do you guys have to be so menstrual?

why don't you go jump off a cliff then? there's no rule specifically mentioning you shouldn't.

Edited by JadeyBlitzen