• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

First Fatal Accident On E01

coolcar

I guess these from these over priced 110 s we cant expect much a safety.

sorry to say this but that's a stupid comment!

remember the accident involving a merc s class? people died in that too.

• Like 5

I think the fact that only one fatality occurred to date is a credit to E01's safety record, despite all the sheer morons we have here. Even this would've been avoided, if not the fact that the fellow virtually committed suicide by breaking every rule in the book.

Edited by liya

One thing for sure, Dialog sure does like to keep a high profile... ;)

True that.. remember the accident in Seeduwa sometime ago killing 3 guys who went on a Civic....

Edited by Simplelife

I think the fact that only one fatality occurred to date is a credit to E01's safety record, despite all the sheer morons we have here. Even this would've been avoided, if not the fact that the fellow virtually committed suicide by breaking every rule in the book.

Absolutely. To be honest I was expecting the death toll to pile from Day One. The fact that the first fatality happened so long after and after so many has used it is testament to the quality of the E01. Given the quality and skill level of the average Sri lankan driver, I'd say we did well.

So much for the critics and so called experts on Highway Systems.

• Like 1

ive heard that if seatbelts were not on,the airbag doent come.if thats true

then Its a 65- car and im sure the driver wouldnt belted himself,so maybe thats why the airbag dint come on!

poor guy

belts are mandatory on E01

I believe cars have a sensor in the seat for the airbag. Someone close to me was involved in a crash where she was not wearing her belt. What saved her was the airbag, otherwise she would've gone through the windshield. I'm sure the same feature would be there for the driver too. And I've seen a connector under my car's driver's seat which I'm pretty sure is hooked up to a pressure sensor in the seat.

Edited by terrabytetango