• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noah Conversion For A 5 Door Kr42

sahan anuradha

Hi guys, :speechless-smiley-003:

I want to convert my Townace KR42 to a NOAH...But the thing is my van is a "5 door" flat roof KR42 2006 DX...

But i wanna convert it without sealing the right side door. Is it possible ??? And how should i find a NOAH right side door?? or any other idea? :sad-smiley-067: Because original NOAH is a 4 door van...

But i want to convert this immediately...URGENT..

PLZ help guys....!!!!!!!!!!! :sport-smiley-027: :sport-smiley-027: :sport-smiley-027:

Thanks..!

post-47779-0-44949000-1328189154_thumb.j

I doubt if any Noahs were made in 5 door.. even if they did there is less chance of one being torn apart and you finding them in spares.. the only difference in the noah door would be interior door card and the outside glass.. If you can give a available door trim to a fiber joint here, they might be able to make a rubber mould and flip it to make the opposite door trim.. Remember this is just an idea and a normal fibre joint may not be able to handle it but they maybe able to fabricate their own door trim for you.. As for the glass you can mount the Noah glass panel to the door as I think its of the same size.. or else the only way is to paint that portion black to match the glass.

Also in a Noah the dual a/c, sunroof controls and other bits are located in the place where your door is going to be.. If you are planning to buy the whole interior trim and roof lining you'll have to cut that part out where the door is and try relocating the switches.. In all its a bit of a job but worth trying if you really need it.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Besides you might eventually end up owning the only 5 door Noah!

Edited by tiv

i can give you NOAH kit. but the problems are,

1. 5door van can't convert to NOAH ( tell me to where can we fix the rear AC unit unless sealing right side sliding door?)

2. total process will take around 2 months

3. you have to re-paint the van.

4. very difficult to find original body kit according to your pictures.

this is not easy job as you think.

you have few options if you want to do this soon,

1. sell your van and try to find st-least 4door kr42,

or

2. sell your van and try to find NOAH converted KR42 or CR42

or finally

3. sell your van and buy original NOAH kr42

Edited by Nilantha

you can't do a Noah conversion while retaining an opening 5th door. even if you cut the interior trim panel from the middle it wont fit the rearmost section properly because of the odd shapes of the pillars and there's no way you can fit the other piece to the door because the space for the window on the trim is too big for the window on the door. thats the most fundamental problem. even if you somehow get around it there are million other issues to address. so the best way to do it is by sealing the door.

anyway there was a 5 door noah called the remix http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/TOWNACE_NOAH/700051035420110928001/index.html

BUT if you click on the pics you can see it has the same bare bones upholstery you already have in your van so that doesn't work either

• 2 weeks later...

i can give you NOAH kit. but the problems are,

1. 5door van can't convert to NOAH ( tell me to where can we fix the rear AC unit unless sealing right side sliding door?)

this is not easy job as you think.

but i have seen some 5 door models already converted with using metal/fiber body part for 5th door and it is design for fit rear A/C controller unit.

you have few options if you want to do this soon,

3. sell your van and buy original NOAH kr42

ha ha ha...............

u may not know there are only few original NOAH (less than 20) vehicles in srilanka. all others are converted.

• 7 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2012 at 6:57 PM, sahan anuradha said:

Hi guys, :speechless-smiley-003:

I want to convert my Townace KR42 to a NOAH...But the thing is my van is a "5 door" flat roof KR42 2006 DX...

But i wanna convert it without sealing the right side door. Is it possible ??? And how should i find a NOAH right side door?? or any other idea? :sad-smiley-067: Because original NOAH is a 4 door van...

But i want to convert this immediately...URGENT..

PLZ help guys....!!!!!!!!!!! :sport-smiley-027: :sport-smiley-027: :sport-smiley-027:

Thanks..!

post-47779-0-44949000-1328189154_thumb.j

Hi.

It can be convert, pl contact 0716805144