• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speed 2012 - Round 1 (Cmsc / Redbull Event)

Andrew_GTR

I am a "trackchaser" from the United States. My hobby is trying to see wheel to wheel racing at as many different racetracks across the world as I can. To date, I have seen 1,729 tracks in 56 different countries.

However, I have never been to Sri Lanka for a race or even to your great country at all. I am planning to come to the races on Sunday, February 12.

After each race I visit I post a YouTube film about my experience. If you would like to see some of the places I've been check out my YouTube channel, which is named "RANLAY".

I also have a website at www.randylewis.org. There I have posted more than 70,000 photos, nearly 400 YouTube films and a Trackchaser Report for every track I visit. If you have time check it out.

I would like to ask the forum some questions about the racing, how to get to the track, what to do during my short stay in Sri Lanka, etc. if you would be willing to help me.

Thanks.

Randy

Are you from Peoria home of CAT?

I am from the Peoria area which is home to the Caterpillar Tractor Company.

I'm going to have Friday and Saturday before the race on Sunday for touring of Sri Lanka. Any ideas? I might like to see the elephant orphanage. Might it be better to stay in Negombo instead of Colombo? All ideas are most welcome!

I am from the Peoria area which is home to the Caterpillar Tractor Company.

I'm going to have Friday and Saturday before the race on Sunday for touring of Sri Lanka. Any ideas? I might like to see the elephant orphanage. Might it be better to stay in Negombo instead of Colombo? All ideas are most welcome!"

Depends on when you arrive. Negombo would be my choice because its close to the track and airport. Dont get pinnawala (elephant orphanage) and pannala (track) mixed up they are not the same place. My brother works for Cat and we track at putnam park alot. How long are you going to be there? Take lots of Mosquito replant.

Edited by racerx

Putnam Park in Indiana? I will be in Sri Lanka for just three days. Thanks for the tips. Got any more! I might try to go to Kandy for one day (what should I see), then Pinnawala on Saturday and the track on Sunday.

Yeah I think thats the closest besides Autobahn. I think Negambo Kandy Pinnawela will be your best bet with the limited time you have there.

Looking forward to the trip to Sri Lanka. I guess your weather will be a bit warmer than the Minnesota ice race track I visited today. If you're interested check out this YouTube video I made at an ice track last year. Lake has about 15 inches of ice. Here's the link:

Looks like my plan is to visit the Elephant orphanage when I arrive on Friday, then tour Kandy on Saturday and get to the track on Sunday before returning home on Monday. If you have any ideas on what's best to see and do in Kandy please let me know. If you're going to the race on Sunday look for a guy about 6' 3" who looks "like he ain't from around here"!

Randy

Just a little bump to this thread... : ) so who's coming? peri? with ur camera :D

will try to come with me cam :)

never been to pannala. suppose getting tickets etc aint a bitch.

Would love to see DD's new evo in action.

Events :

01. Mclarens Alto K10

02. Mini 7's

03. 1000cc one make

04. Ford Laser/Mazda 323 1300cc

05. Ford Laser/Mazda 323 1500cc

06. SL-H upto 1500cc

07. SL-H upto 1600cc

08. Formula Mclarens LGB

09. Formula 1600 pre 85

10. Formula 1600 post 85

11. SL-GT upto 3500cc

9am - Race Day on Sunday the 12th of February.

SL-GT - A few of the participating drivers given below...

Dinesh Deheragoda - Lancer Evolution

Pasindu Peiris - Lancer Evolution

Darin Weerasinghe - Subaru STi 10

Kaushalya Samarasinghe - Lancer Evolution

Ashan De Silva - Lancer Evolution

Tharindu Lokuge - Lancer Evolution

Record Number of Entries!!!

74 Car entries and 98 Bike entries

Be there to witness a great start to the 2012 Motorsport Season in Sri Lanka!

Dinesh Deheragoda - Lancer Evolution

Pasindu Peiris - Lancer Evolution

Darin Weerasinghe - Subaru STi 10

Kaushalya Samarasinghe - Lancer Evolution

Ashan De Silva - Lancer Evolution

Tharindu Lokuge - Lancer Evolution

I know Sti Vs Evo has been debated many a times but it looks like the EVO is the favorite choice.... :( well.... since I am one of those Subaru fan boys my money is on the Sti 10 for whatever its worth , Go Darin , kick some Evo a*s....!!!

• Like 1

Pannala SL-GT Qualifying Results :

01. Pasindu Peiris Lancer Evolution (1:00.685)

02. Darin Weerasinghe Impreza STi 10 (1:01.521)

03. Reyaz Farook Lancer Evolution (1:01.800)

04. Dinesh Deheragoda Lancer Evolution 10 (1:02.012)

05. Kaushalya Samarasinghe Lancer Evolution (1:03.41)

06. Ashan De Silva Lancer Evolution (1:07.810)

07. Tharindu Lokuge Lancer Evolution (1:08.073)

08. Sebastian Silva Lancer Evolution (1:08.312)

09. Dileepa Fernando Lancer Evolution (1:11.091)