• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speed 2012 - Round 1 (Cmsc / Redbull Event)

Andrew_GTR

The First round of the Speed Championship will get underway on February 12th 2012 with Qualifying the previous day. Be there on Race Day to witness Sri Lanka's premier racing drivers displaying their skill and craft. From the 1000cc one make class, Formula LGB and Ford, to the SL-H and SL-GT events, excitement and drama are guaranteed! So make it a day out to Pannala International Circuit and be a part of Sri Lankan Motor Sports!!

• Sunday, February 12, 2012

• Time

9:00am until 6:00pm

People pass on the Event and invite as many friends as you can : )

Soooooooooooo who is coming guys? : )

Edited by MADZ

The First round of the Speed Championship will get underway on February 12th 2012 with Qualifying the previous day. Be there on Race Day to witness Sri Lanka's premier racing drivers displaying their skill and craft. From the 1000cc one make class, Formula LGB and Ford, to the SL-H and SL-GT events, excitement and drama are guaranteed! So make it a day out to Pannala International Circuit and be a part of Sri Lankan Motor Sports!!

• Sunday, February 12, 2012

• Time

9:00am until 6:00pm

For Entry forms and Regulations click on the link!

#####

People pass on the Event and invite as many friends as you can : )

Soooooooooooo who is coming guys? : )

do we need tickets or is the entrance is free??? if need tickets from where we could buy???

I'm hoping to be there with the mini 7 guys,as I'll be sort of sponsering one of them...lol...anyways Andy I heard you're taking part in the LGB formula event...best of luck machan!

Thanks machang! Yup running the Formula LGB this year :) should be an interesting battle with alot of petrolheads taking part... lol!

do we need tickets or is the entrance is free??? if need tickets from where we could buy???

Tickets can be purchased at Pannala track itself :) will let you know if there are any on sale in colombo....

Hi,

I am new to your forum. Is the racing scheduled for Sunday, February 12 "wheel to wheel" racing where all the cars start the race at the same time and run for a certain number of laps? Or is it rally racing (one car against the clock)? What time do the races begin?

Thanks.

Randy

It will be "wheel to wheel" racing,yes,with all cars starting at the same time.

I am a "trackchaser" from the United States. My hobby is trying to see wheel to wheel racing at as many different racetracks across the world as I can. To date, I have seen 1,729 tracks in 56 different countries.

However, I have never been to Sri Lanka for a race or even to your great country at all. I am planning to come to the races on Sunday, February 12.

After each race I visit I post a YouTube film about my experience. If you would like to see some of the places I've been check out my YouTube channel, which is named "RANLAY".

I also have a website at www.randylewis.org. There I have posted more than 70,000 photos, nearly 400 YouTube films and a Trackchaser Report for every track I visit. If you have time check it out.

I would like to ask the forum some questions about the racing, how to get to the track, what to do during my short stay in Sri Lanka, etc. if you would be willing to help me.

Thanks.

Randy

Guys,

Can you tell me where the track is located? I will most likely get a driver to take me from Colombo to the track. How long would it take to get from Colombo to the track? What time does the racing begin on Sunday? How many different classes will race? When I finish my visit I will post photos and a YouTube video of the racing action.

Guys,

Can you tell me where the track is located? I will most likely get a driver to take me from Colombo to the track. How long would it take to get from Colombo to the track? What time does the racing begin on Sunday? How many different classes will race? When I finish my visit I will post photos and a YouTube video of the racing action.

Mate the track is about half an hour from Negombo town, So basically about 1 and a half hours from colombo. (Less if the traffic is not too bad)

You can ask anyone where the turn to Pannala is and then when you get to Pannala town its about 10 minutes away.

Racing will most probably begin around 9 am, and roughly about 15-20 events (both cars and bikes)

@Randy:

Why dont you try getting in touch with one of the members who are going to the races. It'll probably be a better experience, cos the drive to the track could be used to educate yourself on the racing scene in Sri Lanka :)

Btw you seem to be having an awesome time going around the world watching races :)

@Randy:

Why dont you try getting in touch with one of the members who are going to the races. It'll probably be a better experience, cos the drive to the track could be used to educate yourself on the racing scene in Sri Lanka :)

Btw you seem to be having an awesome time going around the world watching races :)

In addition to that...it's best if somebody here can get him some paddocks passes!

That's the best way around the track in my experience.

spectator areas doesn't really allow mobility around the track for best coverage.

Downside of this however is that you will have little to no access to food and beer stalls :(

gotta be self sufficient.

I have never been to Pannala myself but have visited quite a few tracks in SL.

Would love to come to see the new evo in action but i'd be out of the country till the 11th. Spending a active day in hot sun the next day might be a bit beyond me now :D If i can make it...i can easily give Randy a lift :) Enuf space in the truck :)

Guys,

Thanks for the help. I'm working on getting a hotel in Colombo now. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Sri Lanka or any of the race group members. It would be fun to ride down to the track with someone who knows the racing. A paddock pass would allow me to take some great photos for my website. However, eating the local food (apparently outside the paddock) when I visit international tracks is a real highlight as well!! :)

Best,

Randy

Guys,

Thanks for the help. I'm working on getting a hotel in Colombo now. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Sri Lanka or any of the race group members. It would be fun to ride down to the track with someone who knows the racing. A paddock pass would allow me to take some great photos for my website. However, eating the local food (apparently outside the paddock) when I visit international tracks is a real highlight as well!! :)

Best,

Randy

getting a hotel here shouldn't be too difficult.

If you're having a real problem...can put you in touch with people from colombo hotels. If you're travelling through an agent, they should be able to sort you out quite easily.

Paddocks passes are a bit tough. Only the oraganizing chaps, sponsors and comptetors only get them. I have been lucky to get passes all the time through a friend who competes. Can ask him but not 100% of getting stuff.

As for food. the only good local stuff you get there is Lion beer :) the local favorite lager.

hot dogs, noodles and stuff are there too but usually not really goood stuff. Beer is awesome though...especially after a spending a hot sunny da running around the track.

As for food. the only good local stuff you get there is Lion beer :)the local favorite lager.

hot dogs, noodles and stuff are there too but usually not really goood stuff. Beer is awesome though...especially after a spending a hot sunny da running around the track.

Evident brand loyalty I see.... :alc:

Edited by Gyiman

Planning to come with some friends, lot of people are talking of this so guess we should see a good turnout this time.

Randy... You can email info@##### with any questions you may have ...Will try and work on a pass for you...

@Andy - One of my friends need some info on the races and entering into them, could you please PM me the details? All links and email addresses seem to vanish off