• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Swap

Crishan

Guys,

At the moment I'm using a EG8 which I bought from my parents 2 years ago. I was having this plan for sometime to De-Modding the car. Infact my main idea is to Swap a B16 engine & to entirely re-build the car to a brand new kinda condition. But I have no idea of putting any body kits & other fancy stuff.(Only to increase the peformace and to keep the car in its original state) I went trough old threads & gathered some valuable details. But I have some questions to clarify before I invest in this project.

1) I checked many motor parts shops for a motor and none of them have B16 hense they have D15 motors in stock. Is there a place where you'll recomend me to get down an engine? (And the complete set)

2) Will I have to pay frequent visits to my Garage after the Swap?(Provided if they don't do a proper job)

3) Any perticular experienced garage to visit?

I hope racersedge will give his thoughts in this regard.

its "performance" ;)

Anyway i think B16 is almost a bolt on for an EG, that if you already have a vtec car, so no you won't have to frequent a workshop if the job is done neatly. Try looking for the swap, at some places in Colombo and Kurunegala. Also am sure that popular tuning shops can get them down for you. But first of all, you should be able to afford this whole swap, it is expensive :)

its "performance" ;)

Anyway i think B16 is almost a bolt on for an EG, that if you already have a vtec car, so no you won't have to frequent a workshop if the job is done neatly. Try looking for the swap, at some places in Colombo and Kurunegala. Also am sure that popular tuning shops can get them down for you. But first of all, you should be able to afford this whole swap, it is expensive :)

Shan,

Exactly mate. Performance. :) My ride is a carb & not vtec. About the expences, for last 2 years I have been collecting some cash for this project(From the time I bought it) & after the rebuild I'm planning to use it at least for another 3 years. So I guess it will be an investment for the future. Some things I have in my mind to do...

1) New Engine

2) New Gear box

3) New ECU (with tuned chips)

4) New suspension

5) Replace all 4 shock absorbers

6) Install 4 Disk Breaks

7) New paint (Including engine bay)

8) Leather Interior (Touch of luxury)

LastlyNO Body Kits!

Any way do you have any recommendations to get this done?

I ran into a Honda mech at the auto show last year. He brings down the entire conversion kit that you listed, including the wire harness and gauge cluster. B16 Si or Si-R kits. But cost will be somewhere near 350-400k. That's what threw me of it anyhow. He has a black ek9 Si. It's a part shop on aththidiya road, a little towards bakery junc side from the bridge.

Go have a look. Beware of sales talk, but dude seems to know his stuff.

Good luck mate, always a pleasure to meet a true Honda enthusiast!

I ran into a Honda mech at the auto show last year. He brings down the entire conversion kit that you listed, including the wire harness and gauge cluster. B16 Si or Si-R kits. But cost will be somewhere near 350-400k. That's what threw me of it anyhow. He has a black ek9 Si. It's a part shop on aththidiya road, a little towards bakery junc side from the bridge.

Go have a look. Beware of sales talk, but dude seems to know his stuff.

Good luck mate, always a pleasure to meet a true Honda enthusiast!

Komi,

Thanks a lot for the info mate. Any way have you seen any work done by him? I need some one who can do the job neatley. I will pay a visit next saturday. If you can please mention the name of the place.

I'm surprised not to see racersedge in this thread who reads the Bible of Hondas every day.

I think what komi reffered was us car smile auto at attidiya. They hav lot of honda parts with reasonable price tag. ( cuz ive got set of double power eg mirrors for 8500). you can find enough details via their web site-carsmileauto.com.( Hpe im not breaking forum rules!). i also loved to do such a upgrade with my ride (similar to u) so let us know the progress!

I think what komi reffered was us car smile auto at attidiya. They hav lot of honda parts with reasonable price tag. ( cuz ive got set of double power eg mirrors for 8500). you can find enough details via their web site-carsmileauto.com.( Hpe im not breaking forum rules!). i also loved to do such a upgrade with my ride (similar to u) so let us know the progress!

HC,

After I posted my reply I thought Komi was referring to the place you mentioned. I called them last week & they said they only have a D15 motor right now. Any way I'm thinking of paying a visit next week. Thanks for the info!

Also try D&D. Tuned i chips ... etc ;)

Shan,

Will do that mate. Thanks!

• 6 years later...

A basic BSwap from a Dseries, from one Eg to another requires the Motor (B16A/B , B18C's etc), Dizzy, Alternator, Starter, Power Steering Pump brackets, Radiator Hoses, Engine Harness, All the Sensors etc. Tranny (S4C,Y21,S80, Y20 LSD/non LSD), Drive Shafts(based on the HP rating), Linkages (From a 94-00 Integra), Mounts (Rear Mount from a 94-200 Integra),  Vtec Main Harness (Dash Harness) that is if your current D series Motor has no Vtec or you will need to splice in for the 4 wire O2 Sensor, and Lastly the OBD1 ECU (P30 JDM or P73 JDM) We use P28 better for Chip Tuning or HONDATA. Might be worth replacing the Fuel Pump and some better injectors (550cc;s from an EVO 5 for example) B series motors will need better fuel delivery.

I was sudying in the UK for the last 4 years got into Honda's did the Swap myself from an EG4VTI to an EG4LSi. It is pretty straightforward if you have have the Right Tools,  Engine Lift, Levelers Torque wrenches, Breaker bars, and most importantly some WD40 a Good Hammer, Punch set and some Patience  lol 

Wiring doesn't need to change on the Right Hand (Drivers) Side inside the engine bay as it connects to the OBD1 Harness straight away. Just the Dash needs coming off and the Main harness replaced with the ECU. Connect the Fuse Boxes check all relays and Fuses

Other Suggested Upgrades while doing the Swap :  (If you want to get it done good and have the money for it haha)

Engine  -  Head Gasket (0.2mm thinner), Valve Cover and plug seal replacement, intake and exhaust Gaskets Timing Belt, Water Pump, Oil pickup, oil Sump, Hamp Oil filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley , Solid Engine mounts or use Innovative, Hasports etc.

Fueling: Fuel Rail, Adjustable Pressure Regulator, Braided Fuel lines, in Line Fuel Filter for better flow, New Injectors 

Gearbox - Stage 1 Clutch and Lightened Flywheel Change all bearings (Pilot bearing and Throwout bearing), Braided Clutch line and new Master/Slave cylinders

Cooling : Silicone Radiator Hoses and Big Aluminium Radiator

Breaking - Big Brakes (282mm Front;s 262mm Rear Hub Swap) we use the MB6 brakes, Braided Lines, Use the 96 spec Integra Master Cylinder and a Tegiwa Brake Stopper, Good Brake proportioning Valves

Steering - Delete that power steering and Go with a Manual Rack lol ! less load on the Engine

Intake - AEM or Injen  Cold air intake (All-Motor setup) , Skunk 2 Intake Manifold and Throttle Body / Exhaust - Catback 2.5 Inch Exhaust with a 4-2-1 Mugen header and Spoon N1 Exhaust Sweet Sound man, I'd use a 2.25 to 2.5 inch De-Cat pipe to replace the Catalytic Converter

Suspension : all 4 replaced with some HSD, BC, YellowSpeed, BuddyClub, Skunk, Fully Adjustable Coilovers, Anti Roll Bars from a Teg DC2 both Front and Back, Polyurethane Bushes All round. Used some Strut Braces Front and Back Subframe Braces at the Back and a Beaks Tie bar. Change Control arms, Upper/Lower Camber arms with Adjustable hardware. No negative Camber or Crazy low Heights please. 

Wheels : I'd go for a 4 x 114 DC2 Type R Set-up with 15 inch Rota Slip Streams or Grid Wheels on (Try Getting Enke's or Grams) tires I'd go with 195/50/15's Toyo Tires all 4 or Toyo R88R's Nankang NSR's   Semi Slicks etc for Track.

Interior : Nothing Much to Change : If you really want to put it to track all day : I'd do Roll Cages, Dish Steering wheels, Short Shifters, Racing Pedal, Bucket Seats, 6 Point harnesses etc,etc. But if it is mainly for Road use, keep it Standards and Change the Gear knob and Pedals only. Mugen Pedals Momo Gear knob

Apart From that Grease Everything up make sure the Throttle Cable is tensioned. Get a Good BaseMap uploaded to the ECU before running it and later on get it tuned on Dyno or whatever.

There you Go ! 

Top up Fluids with Honda MTF, Anti Freez, Use Motul 5w 30 For Engine, Bleed air, and Crank it over.. Hit me up if you need any advice . I know that the UK/US Honda scene is way advanced and we have easy access to all these parts which is Handy. I Hope the Honda Scene in SL would come up fast too. 

8 hours ago, Saj777 said:

Catback 2.5 Inch Exhaust with a 4-2-1 Mugen header and Spoon N1 Exhaust Sweet Sound man, I'd use a 2.25 to 2.5 inch De-Cat pipe to replace the Catalytic Converter

Man.! my ears hurt just by reading this bit..   ?

The MOT doesn't look for a Catalytic Converter over there?