• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Smoke When Taking Off The Car After Long Idle

GAPAUTO

Question

Hi,

When i accelarate the car after wating at a stop light i would see some smoke comming out. This only happens it waits some time on idle before taking off. But when accelarating on the go, even in WOT i don't get smoke rather than a anoying pinging sound which i would forget that i herd on WOT for now.

The idle mixture is adjusted according to the lean drop adjustment. And even when ideling i don't see much smoke coming out. This happens regardless of the AC on or off. What could be the problem that i get smoke only when taking off after idleing for some time.

GAP

6 answers to this question

Sorry, i forgot to mention :). Its a 1978 Lacer Station Wagon, with a 4G12 engine. About the milage i'm not much sure wether the number are acurate or not, but the reading are around 12K.

'GAPAUTO',

Did you find the oil level on your engine reducing after you had the above issue?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Well normally i do neary 150km per month. And the oil level drops 5mm on the dipstick 2 months after top up. I doudt that because the oil is burnt in lower rate. cause still i don't have burnt oil on my plug's electrode area. but have some little oil on the threads when i take them out.