• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engines With Dpd Or Dpf - Which Engine Oil To Use ?

Fixzit

Question

I recently bought a 2007 Nissan Navara with YD-25TDDi 2.5L Turbo Engine which also has a DPF ( Diesel Particulate Filter). When I did my 1st service I used Delo Gold engine oil in it with the following standards "API CH4/SL, CG-4, CF-4,CF,CD. Today when i was reading an article I saw that I must use an engine oil with CJ-4 Standard or else I will have problems with my DPF later on. I'm using Super Diesel on mine because in my User Manual, Nissan highly recommend a Diesel with low Sulphur and 50+ Cetane level. As I found out Normal Diesel is 46 Cetane and 0.5 Slphur where Super is 53 Cetane and 0.03 in Sulphur.

Apparently The new API CJ-4 oils are made for high-performance diesel engines designed to meet 2007 on-highway exhaust emission standards. API CJ-4 oils exceed previous performance requirements and are specifically designed to protect emission control systems, help comply with emission standards, reduce engine wear, and control piston deposits and oil consumption.

Does anyone knows a Diesel engine oil which meets the CJ-4 Standard in Sri Lanka?

Edited by Fixzit

My Hiace has DPF and I use Toyota genuine oil, I didnt know DPF has anything to do with the engine oil. It cleans itself automatically time to time.
However if you use auto diesel it gets clogged up pretty quickly and will have to be replaced. 

7 hours ago, Daniel061082 said:

the ecm of this car doesent show the amount of ash bloking in the dpf.

ECM measures the pressures at the inlet and outlet side of DPF.  the readings are calibrated in a way to detect if DPF is blocked above a certain percentage,and then the Regene mechanism is activated.  Instead of regular 2~6 injections during normal driving  , REGEN-mode has about 6~9 injections one Piston cycle,but added at the very late phase towards BDC and very short needle opening times(~500uS per Injection) compared to the regular driving(500uS~2.5mS per Injection). So I doubt if it has any big impact on Fuel consumption if the sum of needle open times during REGN mode increases only by about 1mS.

2017-10-04_14h50_46.png

Edited by ajm
  • Like 2

On 27.4.2013 at 1:57 PM, Fixzit said:

If they haven't taken off the dpf..I hope they have taken out the the filter inside.. otherwise without a regen cycle it will get blocked and cause you more problems than before. Its better if you can find out what exactly they have done. As for mine I took the whole dpf off and straight-piped it..sensors are still there but the pipe has been designed in a way that all 4 sensors get the right signal so that the ecu doesn't bother running a regen cycle. .

Hey fixzit

Can you explain how to do it or wher to get this pipe?