• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Buying

Anuradha Kokawala

I am going to buy a car and i want help from experts on following details,

1. i am dreaming about Micro panda/Viva elite or tata indigo within my budget it is about 1.3 million. what is the best with my budget. what are the prices of each.

2. what is the best fuel efficient car. i dont care on second hand market.

3. is there any other option with my budget.

please advice. Thanks

I am going to buy a car and i want help from experts on following details,

1. i am dreaming about Micro panda/Viva elite or tata indigo within my budget it is about 1.3 million. what is the best with my budget. what are the prices of each.

2. what is the best fuel efficient car. i dont care on second hand market.

3. is there any other option with my budget.

please advice. Thanks

'Anuradha Kokawala',

My advice you to buy a Tata Indigo. Other members Opinion can differ.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

out of the 3 I also prefer the viva elite, but I dont think you can buy a brand new / used elite for that price, even the manual basic was some where around 1.5m. Also the second hand market price for these cars is holding up pretty well at the moment.

If you are looking for hatchbacks You could also consider a second hand old viva (not the elite), the kelisa or a maruti Zen.

Thanks Crosswind, My favorite also Viva Elite. But price is somewhat higher compared to its class.

Thanks Sylvi Wijesinghe , But i have heared that tata has quality problems. is that true?

Thanks Reckless, what do you think about Starlet or March k10 used. is that worth buying such car instead of above brand new.

I don't think you can get a Viva elite for that price. But you can get the Viva manual transmission version which is a pretty good car as well, you just wont get AirBags or ABS but will get better fuel economy. They were selling for around 1.4m

Micro Panda is 1300cc

Viva Elite is 1000cc.

I am using a Viva Elite and it is a car worth for money you spend. But price is out of your range.

Standard Manual Transmission - Rs.1,547,500 /= with registration

Standard Auto Transmission - Rs.1,647,500/= with registration

Premium Auto Transmiison - Rs.1,897,500 with registration.

Also if you order now, you have to wait until end of May/early June 2012 to get your vehicle.

There are 2,800 cars are pending.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Micro Panda is 1300cc

Viva Elite is 1000cc.

I am using a Viva Elite and it is a car worth for money you spend. But price is out of your range.

Standard Manual Transmission - Rs.1,547,500 /= with registration

Standard Auto Transmission - Rs.1,647,500/= with registration

Premium Auto Transmiison - Rs.1,897,500 with registration.

Also if you order now, you have to wait until end of May/early June 2012 to get your vehicle.

There are 2,800 cars are pending.

Is this mean Unimo had increased the vehicle prices? When i got my Auto on november it was around Rs.1,607,000/= with registration.

what do you think about Starlet or March k10 used. is that worth buying such car instead of above brand new.

afaik K11 and the EP92 goes around 1.4m they were good cars at their time. but now they are more than 10 years old. imho its not worth paying that much for an old car when you can get a much newer reasonably good car for that price. If you stretch your budget a little bit more you might be able to go for a basic viva elite.

Is this mean Unimo had increased the vehicle prices? When i got my Auto on november it was around Rs.1,607,000/= with registration.

I think so.

Rs.12,500/= registration cost + Rs.5000/= with holding tax included to these prices. These prices are according to the quatation I received last week from Unimo.

I think so.

Rs.12,500/= registration cost + Rs.5000/= with holding tax included to these prices. These prices are according to the quatation I received last week from Unimo.

So it seems they have increased vehicles by 40K

imho instead of increasing the prices frequently they should get their act together and bring down some cars frequently to saturate the demand.

Thats not the way the laws of supply and demand work :) besides, there is also a question about how fast they can manufacture it and their commitments to supply other parts of the world.

Thanks Crosswind, My favorite also Viva Elite. But price is somewhat higher compared to its class.

Thanks Sylvi Wijesinghe , But i have heared that tata has quality problems. is that true?

Thanks Reckless, what do you think about Starlet or March k10 used. is that worth buying such car instead of above brand new.

'Anuradha Kokawala'

As I said the Opinion can differ. In my automobile service I daily handle most expensive bullet proof cars to cheap cars of all made in the world. Most popular make is Toyota and Nissan cars today

I find Indian cars are becoming very popular in srilanka.I myself use a Indian Maruti. I find the body work is little harder than any other car. Spares are cheap. Over the counter, spares are available.

At present you want to go in for a new car according to your post it is difficult to buy a Japanese car for your range.

It is you are the ultimate deciding authority.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thats not the way the laws of supply and demand work :) besides, there is also a question about how fast they can manufacture it and their commitments to supply other parts of the world.

Actually Perodua cars are imported to about 10 countries. Usually there are 400 units of Viva Elite allocated for Sri Lanka. Due to high demand here, without any advertising Unimo can easily fulfill this 400units target in every month. I ordered my one in 1st of March 2011 , I had a chance to insert my one in to February L/C as two - three cars were short. Therefore I was lucky to hear that my car has been arrived to Sri Lanka on 11 May 2011. But now it is very common to hear that shipments are getting delay. When I order Automatic one was Rs.1,500,000/= with registration. But due to government tax increase , when I collect the vehicle I had to pay Rs.90,000/= more. :speechless-smiley-004:

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

i am asking becouse i dont have good knoledge on automobile,

1. i have heard that tata has stoped the producing indigo. then it may difficult to find spares. is that true?

2. what is fuel efficiency of brand new tata indigo?

3. what is the price of brand new tata indigo with registration?

'Anuradha Kokawala',

I have contact with D*MO.for the automobile for the automobile servise what I do.

Contact 2449797 D*MO car sales they will give all details to you.

I contacted them by telephone.D*MO confirms they have got a stock of Tata Indigo can deliver in 20 days. due to some early bookings.

Think of an Indian new Tata Indigo car.Cost with registration will be around 8.5M.

There is a rumor is going on in srilanka, the India had stopped manufacturing Tata Indigo.

Contact 2449797 D*MO car sales tata indigo divition.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have orderd Viva elite on 30th of September 2011.. I am still waiting to get the car. they said shipment came 20th of January.. but still did not get any allocation numbers..

anyone here orderd some where close to septermber?? when do you think they will give me the car..