• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oxygen Sensor

whosetheboss

Question

10 answers to this question

they won't reveal their part numbers :D

Not even the Honda part number? The usual method of sourcing these in SL is to take the existing sensor as a sample and go search for one. Oxygen sensors are universal so as long as the number of wires match and the fitments is correct it should work (ok, I am oversimplifying a bit, there are at least 2 types of sensors but I think Japanese vehicles of certain generations only came with one).

Not even the Honda part number? The usual method of sourcing these in SL is to take the existing sensor as a sample and go search for one. Oxygen sensors are universal so as long as the number of wires match and the fitments is correct it should work (ok, I am oversimplifying a bit, there are at least 2 types of sensors but I think Japanese vehicles of certain generations only came with one).

thanks for the reply... yes but can we find a new sensor here for a reasonable price? I checked in web and it is around 100-150$.

thanks for the reply... yes but can we find a new sensor here for a reasonable price? I checked in web and it is around 100-150$.

I bought a sensor from the web and found that it doesn't fit my car. The problem is the sensors used in JDM cars aren't the same as ones used in cars sold in other jurisdictions as emissions law and requirements are different. So my advice is to try to source one locally or through the agents.

The sensors always need to be brought brand new, never used.

I bought a sensor from the web and found that it doesn't fit my car. The problem is the sensors used in JDM cars aren't the same as ones used in cars sold in other jurisdictions as emissions law and requirements are different. So my advice is to try to source one locally or through the agents. The sensors always need to be brought brand new, never used.

yes that's why i am trying to find the part no of it to buy brand new one.. thx...

yes that's why i am trying to find the part no of it to buy brand new one.. thx...

Well if you get the sensor removed and take it to panchikawatte they should have the part available but to be perfectly honest if the price difference is minimal I'll but the part from the agents because the generic sensors even though they might be OEM don't come with the wire connector so you have to cut wires to fit it on. Because of the number of duplicates available in the market you can never be sure if you've got yourself an original either. The performance of the oxygen sensor affects fuel economy quite a lot so spending a little bit more on it won't be a bad investment.

• Like 1

Well if you get the sensor removed and take it to panchikawatte they should have the part available but to be perfectly honest if the price difference is minimal I'll but the part from the agents because the generic sensors even though they might be OEM don't come with the wire connector so you have to cut wires to fit it on. Because of the number of duplicates available in the market you can never be sure if you've got yourself an original either. The performance of the oxygen sensor affects fuel economy quite a lot so spending a little bit more on it won't be a bad investment.

yeah... that's right i'll do so....