• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Efi Cleanup & Engine Tuneup In Kurunegala, Kandy, Mawanella And Kegalle Area (Fb14 1997)

arun-online

hi...

im looking fo efi cleanup and tuneup for my car, Nissan Sunny fb14. please help me on this.

1. What should i let the mechanic to do or not to do

2. what is the best method of cleaning fuel system including injectors

3. what is the best place for it in above areas (any personal experiences)

4. how much money should i have in ma pocket for this.. :heat:

Edited by arun-online

hi...

im looking fo efi cleanup and tuneup for my car, Nissan Sunny fb14. please help me on this.

Let the mechanic remove the injectors and give u. Also let him remove the throttle body, fix new plugs (if necessary) and change air/fuel filters (if necessary)

Ultrasonic for injectors.

I've only done it at ASNU @ Talangama Koswatte 011 2888898. Not sure about the areas you mentioned. Perhaps a resident in that area can help.

Around 6000 if filters and plugs need replacing

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

Best place is clean injectors are at your Home,

-get a good quality fuel injector cleaner

-remove the vacume line that goes to your brake booster

-start the car and insert fuel injector cleaner though the brake booster vacume hose

-after inserting all the cleaner turnoff the car let the car sit for 10 mins

-start the car let it smoke away

you can remove the throttle body and clean it with carb cleaner.

hi...

:party:thank you :party: (ma dancing group)

'arun-online',

First of all do you have any problem how many kilometers your vehicle had done. What made you think to do this job only if there is a fuel effciency drop or any other miss on the engine, you have to attend to EFI clean up. Do not misunderstand my post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Let the mechanic remove the injectors and give u. Also let him remove the throttle body, fix new plugs (if necessary) and change air/fuel filters (if necessary)

Ultrasonic for injectors.

I've only done it at ASNU @ Talangama Koswatte 011 2888898. Not sure about the areas you mentioned. Perhaps a resident in that area can help.

Around 6000 if filters and plugs need replacing

thankz machan, 2day i asked from Auto world kurunegala over the phone, they said that they are using ultrasonic machine and labour will be abt 5500/=. is it reliable? and tel me more abt ultrasonic efi cleaning.

'arun-online',

First of all do you have any problem how many kilometers your vehicle had done. What made you think to do this job only if there is a fuel effciency drop or any other miss on the engine, you have to attend to EFI clean up. Do not misunderstand my post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

abt 200k in Odo. 97 fb14 manual. engine seemz ok, pulling power ok, fuel drinkz. abt 9km/l. Engine knocks when i press and release the accelerator again & again. what is the normal idling rpm value should be? there are some excessive vibrations when idling.. specially when i use AC.

I have posted about Ultrasonic cleaning in detail in a previous thread. By the way it is the best way to clean the injectors. In summary the injectors are removed with care. Placed in a bath and Ultrasonic waves applied. The Ultrasonic waves resonant with the micro particles and dislodge them. At the end you get a well cleaned injector. Then they can proceed to a fuel flow pattern and fuel flow volume test. This will show you about any further blockage and also about any malfunctioning injector.

I have done this at D**O and they are professionals in doing this.

Now your injectors are clean, but not the intake manifold, fuel lines, combustion chambers etc...You may need to do a throttle body cleanup, air system intake cleaning and probably an additive to the fuel tank. Good products are available in SL.

By the way above is the full procedure for cleaning the fuel system. BUT, as Sylvi suggested please focus on your problem. Because some of above or all may not be applicable.

If you can be more specific, we may be able to help.

• Like 1

I have posted about Ultrasonic cleaning in detail in a previous thread. By the way it is the best way to clean the injectors. In summary the injectors are removed with care. Placed in a bath and Ultrasonic waves applied. The Ultrasonic waves resonant with the micro particles and dislodge them. At the end you get a well cleaned injector. Then they can proceed to a fuel flow pattern and fuel flow volume test. This will show you about any further blockage and also about any malfunctioning injector.

Now your injectors are clean, but not the intake manifold, fuel lines, combustion chambers etc...You may need to do a throttle body cleanup, air system intake cleaning and probably an additive to the fuel tank. Good products are available in SL.

By the way above is the full procedure for cleaning the fuel system. BUT, as Sylvi suggested please focus on your problem. Because some of above or all may not be applicable.

ya machan.. datz true. ma major problem is bad fuel consumption. it does 8-9 km/ltr. since itz a manual it should do more though im a heavy footed. my frndz one does 14km/ltr. other one is the knockin sound as i mentioned earlier. i guess this car hasn't tuned up for 2 or 3 years.

i used Wurth injection cleaner and mixed directly to fuel tank. seemz it ddnt work much fo me... :'(

what should i do.. go for a another can of wurth or engine tuneup.....

ya machan.. datz true. ma major problem is bad fuel consumption. it does 8-9 km/ltr. since itz a manual it should do more though im a heavy footed. my frndz one does 14km/ltr. other one is the knockin sound as i mentioned earlier. i guess this car hasn't tuned up for 2 or 3 years.

i used Wurth injection cleaner and mixed directly to fuel tank. seemz it ddnt work much fo me... :'(

what should i do.. go for a another can of wurth or engine tuneup.....

If you have not done engine tuneup for 2 to 4 years and given that 8/9 is below the range for a manual, I suggest you to take this to a reputed place and start from some point and proceed. The obvious places are starting with spark plugs and engine tuneup. An injector cleaning from the same place with Ultrasonic will do.

By the way the fuel consumption may be due to something further than the clogged up fuel system, that is why I do suggest you to start the resolution process from some point, under the guidance of a good mechanic in a reputed place.

Unless just throwing a WURTH or BG can here and there will not take you anywhere.

• Like 1

thankz machan, 2day i asked from Auto world kurunegala over the phone, they said that they are using ultrasonic machine and labour will be abt 5500/=. is it reliable? and tel me more abt ultrasonic efi cleaning.

Last I heard there were only 2 U/S Injector cleaning machines in the country - one at DIMOs and one at ASNU. Not popular because of the high cost of the Machine and the cleaning chemicals. You can see a picture of the machine at http://www.asnu.com/ - this is the website of the UK based makers of the machine.... best thing would be to go to Auto World and see if their machine looks like this.,. :)

• Like 1

if you want to tune up your engine @ KEGALLE contact Mr. Kanchana 0773880182

who is he... is he a mechanic or a customer... .

according to Mr. sylvis video is that the normal procedure of cleaning injectors. in ma case what should i do.. get done the tuneup only, or clean da efi and fuel system...

thankz...

• 5 weeks later...

he is good mechanic. Technical guy. was working AM W and Toyota Lanka now he do private

today i contact mr kanchana. seemz he is a good mechanic. bt he doesn't have scanning tools. my car Nissan fb14. i have done the efi & throttle body clean up from a another place. that mechanic set idle to 750rpm. bt nw problem is car idle changes. some times it runs 1400 rpm, some times 500 rpm. most of times it idles around 1200 rpm. (with out ac). sometimes i can run the car without depressing the accelerator..

seemz i hav a sensor problem.. will he fix ma problem or what should i do???

thankz bro..

• 10 months later...

what is D***O mean>?can i name of the place