• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gas Conversion - Petrol Car

LancerL

Dear friends.., I heard from people saying that Gas conversion on a petrol car is damaging the engine specially valves.

but they also say that the original conversion done by L*augh Auto is good because it let engine to start from petrol and run from Gas. but in other way everything done by Gas and will harm the engine.

Please help me to get a correct idea of this.. and please share your experiences on this..

Thanks,

LancerL

Dear friends.., I heard from people saying that Gas conversion on a petrol car is damaging the engine specially valves.

but they also say that the original conversion done by L*augh Auto is good because it let engine to start from petrol and run from Gas. but in other way everything done by Gas and will harm the engine.

Please help me to get a correct idea of this.. and please share your experiences on this..

Thanks,

LancerL

At the monent to my knowledge L*augh Auto is the only people who do same, but it is not worth spending about 80000.00 Rupees due to the cost difference is a small amount petrol and LPG.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

back in the days LPG conversion joints popped up like mushrooms, but now they all have disappeared except for L*ugh. Like Sylvi said I also think its not worth to convert to LPG. even if you do it'll be hard to resale the vehicle because nowadays most people hesitate to buy vehicles that are converted to LPG.

back in the days LPG conversion joints popped up like mushrooms, but now they all have disappeared except for L*ugh. Like Sylvi said I also think its not worth to convert to LPG. even if you do it'll be hard to resale the vehicle because nowadays most people hesitate to buy vehicles that are converted to LPG.

'Reckless',

Yes to your post resale will be dificult. A taxi company started with over 150 Koreien cars few years ago they are not operating any more because those cars gave trouble on their valves.

I used a Nissan Venette van for 5 years converted to LPG domestic cylinder but every cylinder when it is over for few miles with petrol mixed with engine oil. To lubricate the engine head if not valves get effected.

i had gas converted Nissan Trad Sunny FB12. i used it 5years without any issue. but you have to maintain it just like Diesel vehicle.

'Nilantha',

Glad to hear with your experience on LPG. Please explain what do you mean by (have to maintain it just like Diesel vehicle.)

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

LancerL, the problem is components inside a petrol engine is designed to run with petrol which is a liquid not gas. Gas over time causes valve seats etc to regenerate. A proper gas conversion should actually replace these components with a type suitable for running gas, which is what factor manufactured gas fuel cars have.

Like everybody else my personal recommendation is not to bother!

• Like 2

'Nilantha',

Glad to hear with your experience on LPG. Please explain what do you mean by (have to maintain it just like Diesel vehicle.)

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

you have to change engine oil and filter every 3000km,

you have to check coolent level every day.

you have to keep clean your radiator.

you have to check radiator fan and cooling system whether works fine.

you have to keep air cleaner clean and should change it around 10,000km,

you have to clean GAS unit every 4000 or 5000km

i was using AISAN japan GAS unit with domestic cylinder. it was doing 270km per cylinder. every day i was starting with petrol and finish with petrol. every time i kept around 10L petrol in the tank.

you have to change engine oil and filter every 3000km,

you have to check coolent level every day.

you have to keep clean your radiator.

you have to check radiator fan and cooling system whether works fine.

you have to keep air cleaner clean and should change it around 10,000km,

you have to clean GAS unit every 4000 or 5000km

i was using AISAN japan GAS unit with domestic cylinder. it was doing 270km per cylinder. every day i was starting with petrol and finish with petrol. every time i kept around 10L petrol in the tank.

'Nilantha',

I was using a Italy made unit which I bought in India I did allmost what you have done on same, only oil change was done at 5000KM.

There is a Australin unit which comes with a oil feed to the cylinders at inlet of the engine so that you need not use petrol at all.To start and stop. It keep your head oiled always. Nothing will happen to valves too.I never wanted to import same because of the cost.

In Thailand all taxi vehicles use the same method for more than 25 years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Nilantha',

I was using a Italy made unit which I bought in India I did allmost what you have done on same, only oil change was done at 5000KM.

There is a Australin unit which comes with a oil feed to the cylinders at inlet of the engine so that you need not use petrol at all.To start and stop. It keep your head oiled always. Nothing will happen to valves too.I never wanted to import same because of the cost.

In Thailand all taxi vehicles use the same method for more than 25 years.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

not only Thailand. in Malaysia they are using LPG without any issue. i saw Proton SAGA, WIRA brand new manufacture year 2010 lot of cars driven by LPG also i saw in Thailand Toyota Camry, Toyota Premio, Toyota Axio drivan by LPG

see this car this is drivan by LPG

p1010132y.jpg

to fail the LPG conversion in sri lanka main thing is ppl not maintain their LPG converted vehicles properly.

Edited by Nilantha

not only Thailand. in Malaysia they are using LPG without any issue. i saw Proton SAGA, WIRA brand new manufacture year 2010 lot of cars driven by LPG also i saw in Thailand Toyota Camry, Toyota Premio, Toyota Axio drivan by LPG

p1010132y.jpg

to fail the LPG conversion in sri lanka main thing is ppl not maintain their LPG converted vehicles properly.

The failure of LPG conversion in SL is due to vehicles not being converted properly. Perhaps better maintenance helps but in the end if you do not adapt the internals to LPG it will eventually lead to untimely failure of these components. In the UK the converters actually swap things like valve seats to firmer versions more suitable for running LPG when converted and you also get factory converted vehicles as well.

p1010132y.jpg

wtf is that car anyway??