• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Compound To Use?? And How To Use??

ColomboRox

Some idiot has touched a bit my car front buffer when I was park at car park..So it has small scratches in my buffer right corner, I'm pretty sure he has done when he take the turn..not a serious one but it can be seen..one of my fried asked me to use some compound and make it fixed.. :) but I do not have any Idea of using compound..how to use it..where to buy..what to buy..what is the cheapest way.. :)

So friends plz advice me..

Edited by ColomboRox

Is there any chemical that can be use for have superb results??commercial product??

Go to any auto paint store and ask for TurtleWax heavy duty wet / dry rubbing compound. It comes in a white tub, with red lettering. The product is brown in colour and looks like hair gel mixed with clay (it smells like hair gel and clay too).

To use:

1. Clean the area you intend to 'treat' with water and car wash. You don't have to dry the area. Just make sure its clean and free from dust and granular particles.
  2. Grab a clean rag, wet it and transfer a small amount of compound onto it. You don't need a lot, a pea sized amount is plenty (use about as much as you use on your tooth brush when you brush your teeth).
  3. Put the area of the rag with the compound in the middle of the area with the most scuffing/ scratches and rub outwards in a circular fashion using small overlapping circles (just like you would apply shaving gel / cream) without applying pressure.
  4. Make sure the rag does not dry out. Moisten as needed.
  5. Repeat as necessary.

Just make sure not apply too much pressure on the rag as you may go through the clear-coat and the paint which will result in a dull spot on the car. To ensure I don't do this: I fold the rag a couple of times and use a corner, thereby letting the stiffness of the cloth transfer the compound onto the paint to ensure I don't press too hard. This method might be a good solution for you as well.

If you can't find 'TurtleWax heavy duty wet / dry rubbing compound'; look for a similar product by 3M or Meguiars

Edited by Kavvz