• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jammed Door In My Swift

kalana

Question

guys,

please help me with this,

i own a 2008 Suzuki swift and the right side passenger door is jammed. car has the intelligent key function so it doesn't have a key on the outside. and the inside lock/unlock key is jammed. doesn't mover when i try to unlock. :(

And when i press the door lock switch, i hear all the doors locking sound including that door but that's it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

19 answers to this question

Machan, a friend of mine had the problem at the time he took it to the agents & I believe it needed a service. After that it worked fine, but he did sell the car a few months later. Kinda sucks when you can't get into the car and the locks start making weird sounds.

• Like 1

This is a long shot. Disconnect the car battery and keep for a few minutes then reconnect and and see. Sometimes the control modules play up and you need to do a 'reset' of sorts. This will reset all your car settings though.

• Like 1

Its the front passenger door, so there is no child's lock tehre. Also it does not open from both sides. Looks to me lik eth actuator is stuck on the closed position.

Machang, try this also, keep a towel or some thick padding near the door handle from the outside and see if you can pound on it with a closed fist. A freind's Swift (2006) had the same issue and after a good pounding it unlocked itself. We removed the door panel and WD40d the whole mechanism and it is ok since then,

• Like 2

Machan, a friend of mine had the problem at the time he took it to the agents & I believe it needed a service. After that it worked fine, but he did sell the car a few months later. Kinda sucks when you can't get into the car and the locks start making weird sounds.

This is a long shot. Disconnect the car battery and keep for a few minutes then reconnect and and see. Sometimes the control modules play up and you need to do a 'reset' of sorts. This will reset all your car settings though.

Its the front passenger door, so there is no child's lock tehre. Also it does not open from both sides. Looks to me lik eth actuator is stuck on the closed position.

Machang, try this also, keep a towel or some thick padding near the door handle from the outside and see if you can pound on it with a closed fist. A freind's Swift (2006) had the same issue and after a good pounding it unlocked itself. We removed the door panel and WD40d the whole mechanism and it is ok since then,

thanks Gyiman. That would be my last option if there is nothing to do :(

and thanks VVTI i will do that today and see if ur method can solve the problem,i hope it will lol.

and abt ur last method, you sure it is safe ? im gonna try that one anyways. thanks again. :)

What? giving the car a bit of a thud with your own hand? Of course it's safe. You are not taking out your anger... just a good thump to dislodge any stuck mechanism.

LOL.. i was thinking a little bit harder thud :D

anyways, i tried both ways and didnt work out :(

tried to remove the panel from inside so we can see whats wrong but since we cant open the door,we are unable to remove it.

will try tomorrow again.

couldnt fix the door problem so i guess i have to go to the agents :/

anyways, i need to upgrade my tires.

standard size is 185/60/R15.i personally like to have tires with more width. but i will stick with 15 inch.

please let me know the good sizes. what is the best and suitable tire width for this car ? :)

OP i dont mean to hijack your thread, but i too have a question on doors so i though id post it here. Guys the doors on my 10 year old AE110 make a flat sorta noise when i shut them instead of the usual 'thud'. Also one rear door never shuts properly it needs to slammed to shut it. What do you think the problem is? thanks

Edited by Straga

OP i dont mean to hijack your thread, but i too have a question on doors so i though id post it here. Guys the doors on my 10 year old AE110 make a flat sorta noise when i shut them instead of the usual 'thud'. Also one rear door never shuts properly it needs to slammed to shut it. What do you think the problem is? thanks

The sound changes as the beading gets older, and a proper seal is not maintained. When there's a good seal, the compression of the air inside the car's cabin softens the thud when closing the door and usually there's a soft "chock" sound. You can try this for yourself by leaving just one door slightly ajar (not so much that the intermediate catch is engaged i.e. dora bageta wahila, and make sure all the windows are up), and then opening and closing one of the other doors with moderate force. You will notice the other door budge an inch or so as the extra air is expelled. Check the alignment of the rear door, and also the latching mechanism if any adjustment/lubrication needs to be done.

Thanks nexus. i am not going to change the size i just want to get a tire with more width. to me, Standard tires looks thin to me :D

(btwn, link doesn't work machan)

i have fix the link now it's working.even if you change width of the tires it still can affect your speedometer readings any ways if you are going to change the tires i think 195/60 R15 will look good on your car. :)

• Like 1

The sound changes as the beading gets older, and a proper seal is not maintained. When there's a good seal, the compression of the air inside the car's cabin softens the thud when closing the door and usually there's a soft "chock" sound. You can try this for yourself by leaving just one door slightly ajar (not so much that the intermediate catch is engaged i.e. dora bageta wahila, and make sure all the windows are up), and then opening and closing one of the other doors with moderate force. You will notice the other door budge an inch or so as the extra air is expelled. Check the alignment of the rear door, and also the latching mechanism if any adjustment/lubrication needs to be done.

Thank you for the reply, will try what you said asap. So i have to check the alignment and get the doors 'beaded' correct. My normal mechanic should be able to sort this 'beading' out or are there any specialized places? Thanks

Well the driver's door in our old van was adjusted by our body/paint guy, not the mechanic. You should be alright asking your mechanic for advise, they usually know the best places for getting everything else they don't handle done.

Thanks nexus. i am not going to change the size i just want to get a tire with more width. to me, Standard tires looks thin to me :D

(btwn, link doesn't work machan)

The rule of thumb when changing tire size is to stay within 3% (+ or -) of the diameter of the stock tire. 195/55R15 will be a better bet since it will have less diameter difference than 195/60R15 compared to your stock 185/60R15 tires. Check this link to compare multiple sizes with the stock size. http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

• Like 1

The door pins tend to wear out over time and the door drops slightly as a result causing it the lock to bang against the latch a bit causing a different sort of noise. Sometimes the doors themselves come down a bit from the hinges. Best is to check the door pins, have them recondition if worn and readjust the doors but also lubricate the door lock well. Might never be like brand new but certainly will close and sound better.

i have fix the link now it's working.even if you change width of the tires it still can affect your speedometer readings any ways if you are going to change the tires i think 195/60 R15 will look good on your car. :)

The rule of thumb when changing tire size is to stay within 3% (+ or -) of the diameter of the stock tire. 195/55R15 will be a better bet since it will have less diameter difference than 195/60R15 compared to your stock 185/60R15 tires. Check this link to compare multiple sizes with the stock size. http://www.1010tires...ecalculator.asp

Thanks nexus. :)

And thanks leyland.since i like the tires to be little bit big,i think it will be ok to use 195/60R15. i will check again though :)

thanks again