• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Stock Exchange

pontiac_gto

Hi All,

This is regarding investing shares in Colombo Stock Exchange. I recently created a CDS account and bought some shares from few companies. But still i didn't have good idea about investing. I think many of you guys investing in CSE. So please share some information of properly investing money in CSE.

Thanks

Although totally irrelevant to automotive, the Sri Lankan stock market is driven by big fish, they drive up stock and dump, this is how they make the quick buck, unfortunately most of the small timers are the ones who loose out and the big fish win.

You cannot create money, you have to take it from somebody else, who is not as smarter as you are. Very few quoted companies value is driven purely on earnings fundamentals...

Sri Lankan stock market is driven by big fish, they drive up stock and dump, this is how they make the quick buck, unfortunately most of the small timers are the ones who loose out and the big fish win. .

Couldn't agree more. The SL stock market surely is manipulated by big fish at the dispense of small timers.

Looking at the way the market behaved recently, you would wonder whether any of the theories described by experts apply to our market.

for a small timer, the safest bet would be to go for IPO's. get some good theoritical knowledge behind you so that you can analyze and identify good

IPO's. if found buy as much as you can and re-sell it as soon as the stock gets traded. Normally there's a very high demand for such stocks when they get traded

during the first few days of trading. this is the point where you have to get rid of them and wipe your hands to earn some bucks. Be wise and don't be too greedy to hold for too long.

I have used this strategy with success up to now. Other options like day trading doesn't work at all in our market for small timers.

You have to be extremely careful with such alternatives. If you don't have enough time and don't have enough connections to get inside information,

it's risky to go for such options.

Insider trading is illegal :)

Yes it is. :) I'm not promoting that at all. If my post gave any hint as such, please accept my appologies.

But isn't that the trick most of the big fish are playing.

My point was, since us the small timers don't have the luxuries of such Big fish who do market manipulation with illegal tips and tricks we should

resort to less risky options like IPO's. because the probability of loosing is very less...

I have seen many small timers loosing making decisions based on so called 'Inside information'. In reality majority of the 'Inside information' recieved by small timers in our market are actually rubbish spread by the bigfish. frankly, its the opposite of true 'Inside information'. :)

Yes it is. :) I'm not promoting that at all. If my post gave any hint as such, please accept my appologies.

But isn't that the trick most of the big fish are playing.

My point was, since us the small timers don't have the luxuries of such Big fish who do market manipulation with illegal tips and tricks we should

resort to less risky options like IPO's. because the probability of loosing is very less...

I have seen many small timers loosing making decisions based on so called 'Inside information'. In reality majority of the 'Inside information' recieved by small timers in our market are actually rubbish spread by the bigfish. frankly, its the opposite of true 'Inside information'. :)

All true enough, and I endorse the strategy. But there are investment advisers who can make you money. They'll probably take the bigger chunk, but you get something. There are chaps that do things like guarantee you 10% growth on your capital. If they make more, they pocket it. That sorta thing might be ok.

But trying to do it yourself is not a good thing to do, unless you really study the subject and do it full time.