• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

M50B25 Engine (E36 325I) Performence

bavarian

Is it the VANOS version? if yes, performance is better than it's non VANOS in terms of performance and low end torque. Give some time for the others to respond. I have the M52 B25, and maintenance is no different to the M50.. not a biggie... parts are freely available. jst that it is a very thirsty engine ;) if you can live with that, forget the rest.

Edited by Bugatti

Hi bugs,

it is not a VANOS version. if i am correct M52 B25 means you drive a 323i? Anyway what I want to know is that does this engine perform to it's reputation as described in various forums/articled on the web? as now this is a 20 year old engine what are the key maintenance areas in the engine which have to be taken care of?

yes i have heard that it is a very thirsty engine and as a person who has experienced driving a similar kind of engine how much does she able to put on with in city and out of city? :)