• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Led Parking Lights.

mensoft

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is how i made led parking lights. Just found the diagram from the net and applied on my car .

Only you need

100nf capasitor

ln4007 diod

150ohm resistor

4 white leds

Old Parking Light

11vh546.jpg

When it Light

28k7a10.jpg

Remove Old Bulb

2i9h440.jpg

This is the circuit you need to make .

2m7d6jo.jpg

this is the the bulb with 4 LEDs.

2lauiy9.jpg

Super Bright parking light.

2ef4abs.jpg

25hkftu.jpg

2m7d6jo.jpg

For all of these It will cost you only Rs.30 Max.

Really good work mensoft. Can you suggest me a simple circuit for doing this on a vehicle that is powered by 24V system. Thanks.

Really good work mensoft. Can you suggest me a simple circuit for doing this on a vehicle that is powered by 24V system. Thanks.

simple physics mate,

1-prepare your circuit as in above manner,

2-connect it to a 12 supply , with an ammiter in serial way (can use the function of multimeter).

3-read the current throughout circuit.

Ex - if it's 500mA,

4- You've 12 excess potential difference(because your circuit is 12v not 24v ), so you've to block it with a resistor.

5- Use Ohm's law equation,

(V=IR).

V=12v, I=0.5A , so your required resistor would be 24 - 'Ohms',

6 - power of the resistor should be able to handle the current through it, so calculate the power it generates by the resistor.

Power=voltage*current.

(P=VI).

in above example it'S , 12v*0.5=6W.

For optimum safety you've to go for 10W resistor 24 'ohm' resistor,

in case you can't get 24 , go for the nearest above, usual

resistor can handle upto 1w or so. (can't exactly remember)

my calculations are with just imaginary values,

there's an another simple way, search the net for suitable resistor . :) easy,

but mind you, the power consumption of LED 'S are different, so it might not optimum for your circuit unless you use the same type LED.

Though the vehicle runs on a 24v current for the starter motor, I believe that you should have a 12v line that is used for the regular electrics; jsut verify that with a volt-meter. So this circuit should be applicable..

But if you ARE running a 24v current the simplest solution is to double the number of bulbs in series. (Sylvi's correct)... But you're gonna end up with some unnecessarily bright parking lights that are gonna drain your battery. Though the best would be if you could extract a 12v line.

Nissan dj,

Try adding few more led bulbs then you can connect to 24 volts system.

I will experiment this today and post the result to the A/L forum.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE'S SOME PHYSICS BEHIND THIS ..?

Ok, let ME explain in simple way,

sylvi's method will work, for sure, you can simply double the number of bulbs in the circuit.

But the issue of non optimum supply is,

the LED System is serial here, so one bust off , all system won't work,

since LED'S Are sensitive for current changes, chances are high you bust one. So you've to fiddle with it again, then it's not DIY Fun,

and calculation for resistor is free, and resistor will cost anything less than the price of "maalupaan"..

If i recall correct, there was an issue of LED Taillamp of Bajaj pulser 135/ XCD 135 Because not using the exact LED bulb designed for the circuit.If you observe , you can see today also some off those bikes run with 1 or 2 LED'S Out of whole bunch.

Though the vehicle runs on a 24v current for the starter motor, I believe that you should have a 12v line that is used for the regular electrics; jsut verify that with a volt-meter. So this circuit should be applicable..

But if you ARE running a 24v current the simplest solution is to double the number of bulbs in series. (Sylvi's correct)... But you're gonna end up with some unnecessarily bright parking lights that are gonna drain your battery. Though the best would be if you could extract a 12v line.

Hi Watchman & Sylvi,

Thanks for sylvi's advice on this and certainly it will work. And also Watchman, all the electrical system is on 24V and there is no 12V separate line. I can't make the parking to be working as 12V because as it is the part of the whole electrical system and if it is going to change to 12V, then there will be more work and more cost.

Also I looked at these 1W LEDs on eBay as well and even if little expensive, it will be good as I think & what do you think about it?. Anyway kindly post what you think on this which is that; any better way of doing it for 24V system?. [sometimes it may be 27.8V or so when charging]. Thanks.

simple physics mate,

1-prepare your circuit as in above manner,

2-connect it to a 12 supply , with an ammiter in serial way (can use the function of multimeter).

3-read the current throughout circuit.

Ex - if it's 500mA,

4- You've 12 excess potential difference(because your circuit is 12v not 24v ), so you've to block it with a resistor.

5- Use Ohm's law equation,

(V=IR).

V=12v, I=0.5A , so your required resistor would be 24 - 'Ohms',

6 - power of the resistor should be able to handle the current through it, so calculate the power it generates by the resistor.

Power=voltage*current.

(P=VI).

in above example it'S , 12v*0.5=6W.

For optimum safety you've to go for 10W resistor 24 'ohm' resistor,

in case you can't get 24 , go for the nearest above, usual

resistor can handle upto 1w or so. (can't exactly remember)

my calculations are with just imaginary values,

there's an another simple way, search the net for suitable resistor . :) easy,

but mind you, the power consumption of LED 'S are different, so it might not optimum for your circuit unless you use the same type LED.

Even though Im not much good in ectronic some how i made this found on internet .

chan5 have explain it in very nicely now anyone can understand whats the theory behind it . Thanks chan5.

any way i think if you use 8 leds will work for 24V. and I have made led bulb for 230v for home use. so it meens 24V led is posible

Do google most of the things are possible if you can google :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

try this

http://ledcalculator.net/default.aspx

http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator

Edited by mensoft

Even though Im not much good in ectronic some how i made this found on internet .

chan5 have explain it in very nicely now anyone can understand whats the theory behind it . Thanks chan5.

any way i think if you use 8 leds will work for 24V. and I have made led bulb for 230v for home use. so it meens 24V led is posible

Do google most of the things are possible if you can google :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

try this

http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator

don't know i'm just overcooking your project,

but feel to share little more,

Any LED Has ,

1- Maximum forward voltage( voltage needed for function properly.which we call LED Voltage).

2- Maximum forward current, (which is the current which doesn't damage the bulb).

3-maximum reverse Voltage-(since LED Work in one direction, voltage to opposite direction beyond this value would simply damage the bulb)- this is the reason that there's a diode in above circuit published by OP.

And all you've to know is , these values are highly variable among manufacturing type , even you buy red LED From 2 shops, those values are different.

Ex, red /yellow - 2V-3V .

blue/white -4V.

so your 8 bulb thing depends on the voltage of bulb.it might work on non optimum mood.(sorry i'm kind of perfectionist)

By higher currents , voltages , it slowly damage the PN junction with time, you get some dim light, ex - led's on plug points.

So my advice is,

why just blind experiments when you know the proper way, and it's not that hard.

If you fabricate proper circuit, it'll last centuries i must say,

Hi,

There are some good LED bulbs in this site: http://www.tomtop.co...ries/car-lights

They are directly fixed to the existing holder. May be these stuff are available in Darley Road shops

'DMendis',

Yes Daley road and end of the road turning right first turn to right from entering panchikawatte road that was early called Dribergs avenue now new name, by the side of Electric locomotive shed entire road is full of small shops build on the pavement.

Can find number of shops who has spares for three wheelers one shop on the road towards base line road, A/C with full glass doors they stock all type of LED Bulbs ranging from Rupees 300.00 to 2000.00.

I bought two vehicle inner compartment LED which is Chinese made with 24 LED bulbs for 250/= each. That shop has three LED bulbs which little more light also Chinese for Rupees 400/= each have bought two of them also working for last thee months without any trouble.

I did an experiment with 8 LED bulbs for 24 volts draw of current is 5 Milli Amps. Did not fix a resister but had a condenser 50 volts 250uf still working for last 4 hours.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

try this

http://www.hebeiltd....stor.calculator

Mensoft,

Links are really helpful. Thanks for the post. Really appreciate it.

I did an experiment with 8 LED bulbs for 24 volts draw of current is 5 Milli Amps. Did not fix a resister but had a condenser 50 volts 250uf still working for last 4 hours.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

assuming that your supply was a 24V DC supply, what's the exact reason of using the capacitor (condenser). . . . . ?

assuming that your supply was a 24V DC supply, what's the exact reason of using the capacitor (condenser). . . . . ?

'chan5',

If capacitor not there is a slite light flickering of LEDs can notice when you accelerate the engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 1 year later...