• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Correct Battery Amperage For Honda Civic Ek3

Chanaka Gunawardena

Dear All,

I think my Car battery is completely dead. Even If I fully recharged, it won't hold a single day. Currently it has a Exide 60A battery. I'm not sure it is the correct battery amperage for my car. I don't have any high power consuming audio setup or lighting system attached to it. What are the battery amperage of your Civic Ek3 ? I'm going to buy new one this Saturday.

Thank you !

What are the battery amperage of your Civic Ek3 ? I'm going to buy new one this Saturday.

in my civic ek3 Vi-RS battery amperage is 45A and it's enough for the car as NRX pointed out there maybe a short circuits in the system so check that out .

btw how many years ago your battery replaced?.

Dear All,

I think my Car battery is completely dead. Even If I fully recharged, it won't hold a single day. Currently it has a Exide 60A battery. I'm not sure it is the correct battery amperage for my car. I don't have any high power consuming audio setup or lighting system attached to it. What are the battery amperage of your Civic Ek3 ? I'm going to buy new one this Saturday.

Thank you !

'Chanaka Gunawardena',

As Nexes says how old your battery, you battery should not be 60 Ampears. 45 amps Battery is enough for your car.

NRX says to check if there is a current draw when you off the switch, it should be few mil amperes not more.

Test every thing before you change your Battery by a good Electrician.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

in the mean time check for any short circuits in the system, worth a shot :)

I'm back in colombo now and left the car at home. My parents are not in a possition to take it a garage. I will go back on saturday and see if i can take it to a electrician.

Thanks !

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena

'Chanaka Gunawardena',

As Nexes says how old your battery, you battery should not be 60 Ampears. 45 amps Battery is enough for your car.

NRX says to check if there is a current draw when you off the switch, it should be few mil amperes not more.

Test every thing before you change your Battery by a good Electrician.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

This battery is older more than 1 year. Not sure how old exactly because It was there when I bought it 1 year ago. It has problems since the begining. I really need a new battery. But I will check the car for electric problems.

Thanks !

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena

Hi,

Is there any other EK3 users who would like to share information about the ampearage of your car battery ? My one is a Honda Civic EK3 MI.

Thanks !

Amperage means the capacity of the battery. Voltage is the Potential difference of the battery.

Do not worry check with the agents for your battery amperage. Some car owners fix high amperage batteries.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

EK3 comes with 45 A battery. Its better you can go for a non maintenance battery. Mine is amaron non maintenance one. Now i am using it for more than 3 years. Still working fine.

Will concider about a maintance free battery also. But having a 60A battery won't hurt the car right ? I have checked with Exide and they have a regular 60 A battery with 2 years of warranty for Rs.8XXX/= Actually I'm real concern about the price and the warranty periode because I don't have much money in my hand these days.

Thanks Mate !

Will concider about a maintance free battery also. But having a 60A battery won't hurt the car right ? I have checked with Exide and they have a regular 60 A battery with 2 years of warranty for Rs.8XXX/= Actually I'm real concern about the price and the warranty periode because I don't have much money in my hand these days.

Thanks Mate !

'Chanaka Gunawardena',

Fix a battery only recommended for the car it is 40 amperes. It is useless to spend extra money for a higher amperage battery.

As for my post you can go in for a 200 ampere battery but please note there should be a special requirement for that.

Go in for 12 volts normal lead acid battery will be under Rupees 5500.00. They return rupees 400.00 for the old battery.

Do not go for 60 Amps if you do not have very high discharge when you are not running the engine.

Because always the alternator will compensate the discharge of your car electrical requirement when the engine is running.

Check with if you are in Colombo 2336427 / 5637676 . If you are in Galle you can check any battery shop there.

Exide and lucas lead acid battery's are good for your car.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks Mate !

Bro, then dont waste money for 60 amps battery since ur car is not taking that much power from battery. so better to go for normal 45 amps battery,,

EK3 comes with 45 A battery. Its better you can go for a non maintenance battery. Mine is amaron non maintenance one. Now i am using it for more than 3 years. Still working fine.

How much usually a maintenance free battery cost ? say Amaron 45Ah battery ?

Dear All,

I have replaced the battery. I bought a 45A Exide battery with 2 years warrenty. Exide people came to the house and did the installation. All works perfect now. Thank you very much for all your support :action-smiley-033:

'Chanaka Gunawardena',

Good to hear that you have fitted a new battery. Did they check your electrical system.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 1 month later...