• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Places To Repair Camera

carboy2011

Does anyone know a good joint to repair a Fuji digi cam? the zoom lens does not work properly as it get stuck halfway and then retracts

carboy2011,

Don't try to do your camera repair in Srilanka best is to send your camera through some one who goes to Singapore and get same attended there.

Because once I had a bad experience the early Colombo 03 repair place mentioned and I took same to Singapore there repair station said Srilanka do not have tools to open up my camera.

They charged me few sing dollars and repaired mine delivered to YMCA in Singapore in one day.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I have heard all kinds of bad things about the place mentioned (on the internet)

no personal experience

'NPP'

There are two joints on Galle road Kollupitiya. One name is mentioned on one of the above posts, they are long established in photography business. But they did not have tools to handle my camera. The camera was with them for few months every time I rang them the say spares not arrived from japan.

One camera repairing place is top of a building they were early on a ground floor, they do TV and other electronic repairs also.

You are referring to them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Do not take anything to the Durst electronics. I've seen many posts here that they are not good.

Recently, I had to get my LCD TV repaired (Replace the LCD panel). Regardless of the many bad experiences many people have posted here... I had the courage to call Durst Electronics and asked if they can replace the LCD screen. The person who answered (the manager) said that LCD panel will costs around Rs. 12000 and I was thrilled to hear that since I could get the 32 Inch Sony Bravia LCD replaced for that amount. I asked him if he need to know the specific model of the TV as I wanted to be certain that they have the right part for my TV and he was not bothered to hear that. Straight away, I headed to Kollupitya carrying the TV and met the person.

Since this TV from a europian country, he said that in addition to replacing the LCD panel, there's some modifications to be made to the TV. I said it was working properly and I just need to get the LCD replaced and he couldn't agree... and told me some stories why that modification is needed and he wanted to remove the TV cover and see the inside. I didn't allow him to do that since I suspected that he was playing with me and left the workshop thinking of getting it repaired at some other place... but not yet done.

Please be careful with any electronic repair shop....

Does anyone know a good joint to repair a Fuji digi cam? the zoom lens does not work properly as it get stuck halfway and then retracts

No harm in trying the agents to get some sort of estimate. How old is the cam? You can also work out if the cost of repairing or getting a new one would be cheaper. Who knows it could be just a normal service/cleanup that's needed.

Do not take anything to the Durst electronics. I've seen many posts here that they are not good.

Recently, I had to get my LCD TV repaired (Replace the LCD panel). Regardless of the many bad experiences many people have posted here... I had the courage to call Durst Electronics and asked if they can replace the LCD screen. The person who answered (the manager) said that LCD panel will costs around Rs. 12000 and I was thrilled to hear that since I could get the 32 Inch Sony Bravia LCD replaced for that amount. I asked him if he need to know the specific model of the TV as I wanted to be certain that they have the right part for my TV and he was not bothered to hear that. Straight away, I headed to Kollupitya carrying the TV and met the person.

Since this TV from a europian country, he said that in addition to replacing the LCD panel, there's some modifications to be made to the TV. I said it was working properly and I just need to get the LCD replaced and he couldn't agree... and told me some stories why that modification is needed and he wanted to remove the TV cover and see the inside. I didn't allow him to do that since I suspected that he was playing with me and left the workshop thinking of getting it repaired at some other place... but not yet done.

Please be careful with any electronic repair shop....

Try siedles but I don't think they'll be cheap. But anyway you'll get a genuine sony panel :)

Members,

Durst electronics. Owner is a business man he do not know any thing of electronics.

He depends on his workers. Some customers had complained to police and got their money back. Some time back there was a another place like this chap called P**e Electronics he left the country after doing all crooked things to his customers.

All TV repair shops do small repairs which will cost about 300.00 Rupees and charge about 1500.00 if you take a TV.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Thanks all for the replies yeah i too have heard bad reviews of the place in Col 3 ,its a Fuji AX250 which was bought 1.5 years ago abroad

'carboy2011',

Best for you is send your camera to Singapore agent, you try to call them they will help you.

Get same attended there because they have all tools and the know how to handle a camera not like srilanka repairers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.