• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 2004 Original Navigation

Ian Chan

Hey guys, anyone who knows where and if i can put the Sri lankan maps to my FB15 Original Navigation ? It's the one that pops up from the dashboard.. I tried Pet#o but they said can't.. any suggestions ?? :sad-smiley-068:

What the he*l is FB15's original navigation?

"Some FB15s came with a factory fitted navigation system.

AFAIK it is not possible to put Sri Lankan maps to it."

Yah your right.. Only a limited number of FB15's came with original factory fitted navigation. Fortunately my 2004 FB15 is one of that which i bought daybefore. :P

When i called Pet#o they said can't do it.. But i just went to Pet#o a while ago to meet the Owner i think, and he said it is possible but it'll cost me 45,000/=.. Which i decided not to put and i'm going to put only a DVD player connected to the same Navi for 15,000/=.. :sport-smiley-003: All i needed to do is to make use of it instead of just keeping it inside the dashboard.. :sport-smiley-004: Thanks for the replies anyway although non of it helped.. :alc:

"Some FB15s came with a factory fitted navigation system.

AFAIK it is not possible to put Sri Lankan maps to it."

Yah your right.. Only a limited number of FB15's came with original factory fitted navigation. Fortunately my 2004 FB15 is one of that which i bought daybefore. :P

When i called Pet#o they said can't do it.. But i just went to Pet#o a while ago to meet the Owner i think, and he said it is possible but it'll cost me 45,000/=.. Which i decided not to put and i'm going to put only a DVD player connected to the same Navi for 15,000/=.. :sport-smiley-003: All i needed to do is to make use of it instead of just keeping it inside the dashboard.. :sport-smiley-004: Thanks for the replies anyway although non of it helped.. :alc:

Can u please post a photograph of that? Like to see where they fixed it :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is not factory fitted navigation; I had the same AV setup fitted just like this in my previous 2001 FB15. Done by the same guys. You can add a DVD but doubt a navigation system.

No it is. Xanavi is the company manufacturing audio systems for these cars.

I have seen a description of the factory fitted navigation system in the service manual of a Nissan N16.

Are there any place in Sri Lanka at which you really need navigation system? It is not like in Singapore/USA or UK.

Just roll down the side window and ask from someone and they are willing to guide you!

I do not see any point spending hard earned Rs45000/= to fix sat navigation for Sri lanka.

Just buy good smart phone with GPS and fix it to good genuine car stand and use goole map if you still need navigation (This is my personal view ,so do not blame me)

Edited by nano31