• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car In This Price Range?2.3-2.9 Million?

alpha17

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a car which costs around 2.3-2.9million.So I'm intersted in these cars.Please suggest the best one to buy!

-Toyota Corolla 121 G Grade

-Mazda Axela/Mazda 3 YOM 2003-2005

-Honda Fit Aria YOM2003-2005

I'm interested most in the axela.Will it be a good car?

I've heard that Mazda Axela is pretty bad on fuel consumption and reselling.And also i've heard that parts and maintainence cost is high.Are they true?Plz suggest the best car in the above mentioned!!!!!

• Like 1

19 answers to this question

DHoRK,

Go for a Honda spares are little bit expensive but good cars.

Do not go for a Mazda because they give problems with their suspension, relative of mine bought a Mazda and spend another two hundred thousand rupees.

Toyota also good easily you can sell them back.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Do not go for a Mazda because they give problems with their suspension, relative of mine bought a Mazda and spend another two hundred thousand rupees.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Phew.. haven't heard this before.. Mazda 3 has suspension issues? would you mind elaborating more on this? :)

I hope you are not referring to the below link...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100422053057AA3Md4h

Phew.. haven't heard this before.. Mazda 3 has suspension issues? would you mind elaborating more on this? :)

I hope you are not referring to the below link...

http://answers.yahoo...22053057AA3Md4h

'LashNeo'

This car had 25800 Kilometers on the meter it is definitely altered by the seller.

This car was bought imported by a reputed car dealer in colombo 05.

After using few months the owner had to change all engine mounts at car mart spending more than rupees 50000.00.

Later he had noises on the suspension. I requested him to go and test the shock absorbers. all for was bad only 30% good.

Then he changed entire suspension shocks and other related bushes brakes also attended with Steering related joints etc.

Which cost him what I said on my early post.

Engine did not give any trouble later he got rid of it and went in for a Honda.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

'LashNeo'

This car had 25800 Kilometers on the meter it is definitely altered by the seller.

After using few months the owner had to change all engine mounts at car mart spending more than rupees 50000.00.

Later he had noises on the suspension. I requested him to go and test the shock absorbers. all for was bad only 30% good.

Then he changed entire suspension shocks and other related bushes brakes also attended with Steering related joints etc.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Just coz your relative hasn't done his due diligence when buying a car, it doesn't mean the model is bad or has suspension issues.

• Like 1

Just coz your relative hasn't done his due diligence when buying a car, it doesn't mean the model is bad or has suspension issues.

I'm sure Mr. Wijesinghe used his his many years of experience and expert knowledge when advising advising his relative when purchasing the vehicle, because it appears the relative is quite close to him considering how much facts & figures he knows about the repair.

'LashNeo'

Sylvi Wijesinghe

You in your own words have mentioned that the meter must have been altered by the seller.

So, this must have been an abused car by its previous owner with more than 100000 on the ODO. I think it's normal to get suspension repairs on such a vehicle.

So, based on this single example, don't you think that it's unfair to make general comments like 'Mazda 3 has suspension issues' on a car model that has received high ratings from many critics over the world? Just check, there are several proud owners of Mazda 3's even in the A/L forum itself.

@DhoRK

Only drawback I can think of the Mazda 3 is its fuel efficiency. Compared to the 121 and Honda fit, it will do 1-2 Kmpl less.

But that's because they are made for better performance. I guess you have heard of Mazda's ‘zoom zoom’ concept haven’t you?

So, performance wise the 121 and the fit are inferior to the Mazda 3. And I think it's much much more better looking than the fat assed aria and the dull faced 121. :-)

I would choose the Mazda 3 / Axela over the 121 or fit aria any day. Its a good looking car with good performance.

Also if you run a search you ill be able to find much more info about the Mazda 3.

Edited by Reckless

One of my friend claims that he will sell his Toyota Corolla 121.It is like this

-YOM 2000

-1500CC

-93000km done

-Auto Gear

-G Grade (Not G Limited)

-Champagne Gold Colour

-Alloy Wheels

-Reg as - HV-9XXX

-Price 2.7 mil

Do you think this will be a good buy?

Or This one>>

Mazda Axela

-YOM 2003

-1500CC

-60000km done

-Tiptronic

-Alloy Wheels

-Grey Colour

-Reg as - KF-XXXX

-Price - 2.75mil

What is the best one to buy?????

How about the Fuel Economy and Maintainence cost in Mazda Axela?Many people says that Mazdas are better than Toyotas.One of my friend says everytime 'DON'T GO FOR A TOYOTA,GO FOR A MAZDA".Is it true?

Sylvi..Honestly cant tolerate the way you mislead members here.

Im looking after two Mazda 3s ,one bought brand new and clocked over hundred thousand and driven on highways as well as extremely bad roads, the problems you assume are not showing off.

How dare you say Honda parts are expensive. Have you done a part price comparison?? certainly I have done!

Enough is enough!!

MINIACE

Edited by miniace
  • Like 1

How about the Fuel Economy and Maintainence cost in Mazda Axela?Many people says that Mazdas are better than Toyotas.One of my friend says everytime 'DON'T GO FOR A TOYOTA,GO FOR A MAZDA".Is it true?

first of all if i have to choose between them i will buy mazda axela over toyota corolla 121 because of mazda axelas performance and beautiful looks over toyota corolla 121

when come to fuel efficiency axela will do 2or3 kmpl less than corolla 121 when come to maintenance corolla 121 have upper hand because mazda spare parts are cost more than toyota

load of BS and your friend is a big idiot and a liar all ways mazdas ain't better than toyota.some models in mazda are better than toyota and some models in toyota are better than mazda for example compare mazda brawny with toyota hiace and mazda bongo with toyota townace

If you want to save a little money on fuel and maintenance and happy with a nondescript car - go for the corolla.

If you want a little bit more driving pleasure and not look like everyotherman ;) - go for the mazda.

But pls inspect the actual car (either one) very carefully as individual specimens vary considerably, more so in axela than corolla.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the mileage of either car, unless backed up by solid service records but that's a lesser factor than the actual condition of the car.

If you're looking for bank financing, you'll hv a better say with 2003 car than 2000 model.

Edited by vishkid

Honestly i'm interested in Mazda Axela than the UGLY Honda Fit Aria and Corolla 121.It has a lot of facilities and also a great look than the above mentioned cars.I will prefer to these more,

-Fuel Economy is not much considered

-Superior handling and acceleration

-Comfortability

-Selling is also not much considered

-An eye grabbing exterior look

-Excessive Speeding Ability(in future i will have a lot of trips in the southern highway)

-Low maintainence

So it is the axela which fits best on my needs,or the corolla 121?