• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Elite Viva Fuel Consumption

Rajitha Kumarage

Question

I am using a Viva Elite 1000CC MT. Just done 1250 km. I'm usually driving in traffic. (Not heavy traffic). It does only 11-12 per liter. (in 1st 1000km, I never exceed 2500 rpm since the car is brand new). When i ask from Unimo, they say that the rates will increase with the mileage and they also checked the exhaust emission level and it was perfect. And I also notice that it is difficult to drive with 90 oct petrol (There was a little knock in the start). Then I tried with 93 oct (IOC - Extra premium) and it seems better. Please advice me on this.

I can't speak for everyone but not everyone cares about the post count. There are peope here with less than 300-400 posts that we would listen to than some other with 1000+posts and XX years of experience. If you're that keen on simply increasing your post count just visit the one-word-thread. You can help yourself too :)

umm you are wrong sir. I get paid by the post so I care. Just got a raise because I have over three thousand now. You jelly?

Edited by jdnet

Being an Engineer you are bound by "Engineering Ethics" to practice professional conduct which includes addressing politely to stakeholders of your organization.

Exemption: of course if your not a member of any professional engineering body such as IET, IESL or IEEE you need not to practice professional conduct. At the same time you are not a professional engineer and you are just a laymen bearing a systems engineer designation

I dunno if you noticed, but my designation at this organization isn't systems engineer.

Also don't appreciate unsolicited advise from mother-in-laws. The day your daughter is satisfying me between the sheets, I might put up with it, but not right now.

I dunno if you noticed, but my designation at this organization isn't systems engineer.

Also don't appreciate unsolicited advise from mother-in-laws. The day your daughter is satisfying me between the sheets, I might put up with it, but not right now.

May be your designation in this organization is not Systems Engineer, but in another thread you have clearly declared it is your profession (Comment #63 of "Axio, is it really good car?")

So either ,

01. you can be a poser who assumes your profession as systems engineer or,

02. you can be a real systems engineer

If it is the case 02 you are knowingly or unknowingly bringing disrespect to a highly renowned profession by not practicing professional conduct which you are obliged to.

If it is the case 01better to stop doing it and get treatment for your inferiority complex. (sheeh...Now a days kids think they knows everything when they complete a multimedia diploma course sold by shops mushrooming at every junction or bush)

:lol: Who do you think I am, you? Just coz you would wanna hide it if people say things about you? You know I would hide your post? Lawyers? Aiyo Salli. Dude, I don't give a rats ass what you think, because, as usual, you're being a total retard. And I have every intention of keeping this fine post where you make an utter fool of yourself on the forum. In my post in case you want to edit your post! :D

But you have to tell me who this henchman is. This is news to me. Maybe I should wear a trenchcoat and adopt a German accent and call myself Herr Flick. But you're gonna have to tell me who is von Smallhausen.

Firstly I am not a professional photographer. If you want my job title I'm a Systems Engineer. THAT is my profession. Photography is my hobby. I can't be bothered looking up the thread, but as I recall, YOU asked me why I was up late, and I told you I was shooting. How you interpreted that to be a defense of my ... abilities? :lol: A defense? I mean... :lol: I don't even know how you made that connection, it's one helluva leap.

And if you can't understand what I said, ask your lawyer to help you. Hopefully his/her understanding of English is better than yours.

Ah man, haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. :lol:

May be your designation in this organization is not Systems Engineer, but in another thread you have clearly declared it is your profession (Comment #63 of "Axio, is it really good car?")

So either ,

01. you can be a poser who assumes your profession as systems engineer or,

02. you can be a real systems engineer

If it is the case 02 you are knowingly or unknowingly bringing disrespect to a highly renowned profession by not practicing professional conduct which you are obliged to.

If it is the case 01better to stop doing it and get treatment for your inferiority complex. (sheeh...Now a days kids think they knows everything when they complete a multimedia diploma course sold by shops mushrooming at every junction or bush)

And I should care a rats ass about what some anonymous internet coward thinks about me or my profession? And can't differentiate who does what, where? :) Pull the other leg son, its got bells on it.

I'ma stop feeding the troll here, its not worth the effort, nor is it any fun, to engage with this kinda fool.

Fine, since I have got queries outside the forum.

Being an Engineer you are bound by "Engineering Ethics" to practice professional conduct which includes addressing politely to stakeholders of your organization.

Exemption: of course if your not a member of any professional engineering body such as IET, IESL or IEEE you need not to practice professional conduct. At the same time you are not a professional engineer and you are just a laymen bearing a systems engineer designation

Lets leave aside the fact that my role at AL isn't engineer. We'll also leave aside the fact that the post the moron criticizes isn't addressed to anyone, but a general comment about behaviour. I wasn't addressing anyone, unless you want to count the forum in general as "someone". And it wasn't impolite anyway.

I'm not a member of IET, IESL, IEEE or any other alphabet soup. I'm gonna assume that makes it ok not to practice whatever levels of "professional conduct" that internet trolls think I should practice based on whatever stick up their backside assumptions they made. That ok with everyone? Also, please note, THAT was being impolite, not my earlier post to Sampath.

Alrighty then. Back to the utterly fascinating topic of the Viva's fuel consumption.

Sites like fuelly came about precisely because quite a few people religiously maintained fuel logs, and some bright spark had a light bulb moment and voila, a tool to track your fuel consumption appeared forthwith.

Remember, necessity is the mother of invention.

I am using a Viva Elite 1000CC MT. Just done 1250 km. I'm usually driving in traffic. (Not heavy traffic). It does only 11-12 per liter. (in 1st 1000km, I never exceed 2500 rpm since the car is brand new). When i ask from Unimo, they say that the rates will increase with the mileage and they also checked the exhaust emission level and it was perfect. And I also notice that it is difficult to drive with 90 oct petrol (There was a little knock in the start). Then I tried with 93 oct (IOC - Extra premium) and it seems better. Please advice me on this.

RON value of extra premium not 93....

well all new cars need a bit of a run in, approx 1000-5000 kms for best results, using 3 star petrol would help the knocking else use soltron fuel additive it works for my camry :speechless-smiley-020: . economical option is IOC(extra mile) what u r using. have u done your first oil change? :sad-smiley-067: if costing is ok go for their highest grade .

Edited by camry300

Fuel Economy (Perodua Viva Elite - Automatic Transmission)

Since the day I bought my Perodua Viva Elite (bought brand new from Unimo on 24th May 2011 ) , I maintained fuel pumping records and checked fuel economy continuously. I always do full tank fuel pumping only .

Recently I completed 15,000km and just had a look on my average fuel economy.

Basic details are as follows.

Car Make & Model : Perodua Viva Elite & Standard Auto (YOM-2011)

Transmission : Automatic

Engine : Daihatsu EJ-VE, 1000cc with DVVT

Number : WPKM-8XXX

Usage: My one is mostly a City Runner. Rarely travels outside the city.

Since November 2011, it is a daily runner (Ganemulla to Fort and back) .

Morning it takes about 45 - 55 minutes to travel 22km & evening it takes about 1 hour 10 minutes to travel 22km due to traffic congestion.

Always use A/C while driving.

Fuel Pumping: I always do full tank fuel pumping only.

I started with Ceypetco 90 Octane Petrol, but when the inferior quality fuel problem arose, my one started to give engine knock. Unit#d Mot#rs guys cleaned the spark plugs and checked running with 95 Petrol and problem solved. So I transferred to IOC Euro 3 petrol.

After 15,000km done, figures were as follows.

Distance traveled = 15,164.4 km

Used fuel (petrol) quantity = 1,347.83 liters

Average fuel economy = 11.251 km/l

Ever highest fuel economy = 15.12 km/l (02.09.2011 from Ganemulla to Kalutara)

Ever lowest fuel economy = 9.89 km/l (04.04.2012)

Used fuel quantity and value:

RON 90 - 293.26 liters - Rs.37,205.88

RON 95 - 126.71 liters - Rs. 18,948.00

Extra Premium / Euro 3 - 927.86 liters - Rs. 143,692.70

Total = 1,347.83 liters - Rs. 199,846.58

Average fuel cost per km = Rs. 13.18 (with A/C)

02092012fueleconomy.jpg

Still I didn't have opportunity to travel on Southern Highway.

One of my friends has a Viva Elite Standard Auto (same as mine) and he too continuously checking fuel economy same as me. He achieved 17km + (with A/C & 2 pax) while travelling on Southern Highway. He also achieved 18km + (without A/C & 2 pax) on Southern Highway.

However fuel economy depends on driving pattern too. (Here except 150km rest is driven by me).

My personal experience is when driving at constant speed around 80km/h, fuel economy is very high, but unable to achieve in city running.

I believe this method is more accurate than calculating fuel economy by looking digits of the digital fuel meter.

Grate work. appreciate your post.