• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express Way Emergency Service

Chaturathi

Yesterday I went to Galle by Highway & on my way beak to Colombo my rear left tyre got punched in between Galanigama & Kahatuduwa (@8.7 point). I called emergency service (1969) . They came within 10 minutes& they were really helpful. But my wheel wrench was slipping & they also didn't had a correct wheel wrench to remove the wheel & they again went to kahatuduwa & brought a one & did the job. It took nearly 01 hour to do the thing. In this case 100 % I was wrong for not having a proper wheel wrench, but this type of emergency service should have all the equipment needed to do any kind of small repair.

Yesterday I went to Galle by Highway & on my way beak to Colombo my rear left tyre got punched in between Galanigama & Kahatuduwa (@8.7 point). I called emergency service (1969) . They came within 10 minutes& they were really helpful. But my wheel wrench was slipping & they also didn't had a correct wheel wrench to remove the wheel & they again went to proper wheel wrench, but this type of emergency service should have all the equipment needed to do any kind of small repair.

'Chaturathi',

Glad to hear your experience on EO1and how helpful the emergency service.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

yes in a foriegn country they would have charged you for the extra trip that they made to bring the correct wheel brace!

i do get your point but i wouldn't blame those emergency crews for not carrying wheel wrenches cos it's the duty of motorists to carry that.

afaik having a puncture shouldn't really qualify as an "emergency".

If i were you, i'd be darn happy that they went out of their way to help you out on something that you should have sorted out yourself

Yesterday I went to Galle by Highway & on my way beak to Colombo my rear left tyre got punched in between Galanigama & Kahatuduwa (@8.7 point). I called emergency service (1969) . They came within 10 minutes& they were really helpful. But my wheel wrench was slipping & they also didn't had a correct wheel wrench to remove the wheel & they again went to kahatuduwa & brought a one & did the job. It took nearly 01 hour to do the thing. In this case 100 % I was wrong for not having a proper wheel wrench, but this type of emergency service should have all the equipment needed to do any kind of small repair.

1. This kind of service usually costs about USD$60 to USD$80 on highways overseas; more if they have to go grab equipment for you or tow you. I' don't see why you're complaining.

2. A 10 minute response time is amazing. A total repair time of 1 hour is exceptional. I hope you tipped them for their effort?

Seems to me like they did you a huge favour and got you out of a bind efficiently and cost-effectively. If I were you I'd write a quick email / sms / fax to their manager naming the service tech's who responded to your call so they get recognized for a job well done.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 6

Blame yourself machang, for being an idiot.

Objection..! Caturathi admitted it's his fault, and he clearly was complaining about a "wheel brace", not the collection of spare parts you have mentioned in your list.

I wouldn't call him an idiot for that.!

None of my business, but I think he needs an apology from VVTi.

Can I guess another step forward? VVTi might want to criticize my post now, without admitting the fact. Go on man! Do your thing.

Edited by ae100

Objection..! Caturathi admitted it's his fault, and he clearly was complaining about a "wheel brace", not the collection of spare parts you have mentioned in your list.

Can I guess another step forward? VVTi might want to criticize my post now, without admitting the fact. Go on man! Do your thing.

I'll do it for him. This sense of entitlement that you should have all kinds of free things is the reason this country is going to the dogs.

My old cars wheel nuts used an Allen Key type wheel brace. You think it would right of me to criticize the highway guys if he didn't have something like that too? Even most tire shop people don't have that!

I'd say something even stronger, but I'm trying to be impartial.

• Like 3

Must thank the repair crew, hmmmm some people enter E01 even without wheel brace. Next time someone will run out of gas in the middle of nowhere and will call emergency and ask for gas. Then if not available will call Sir*s* and say that emergency crew did not supply gas.......and the E01 is a failure.....

In some countries, if you run out of gas, highway or in city you will be fined heavily.

Edited by varunatech
  • Like 5

I, VVTi will do no such thing. I Will not apologize to an idiot OR his new found online friend who is trying to defend the first idiots moronic attitude towards a 'free service'.

I suggest both you morons go and get yourself a dictionary and study the difference between Emergency Rescue Vehicle and a mobile 'small' repair service.

Face it, both you morons must be a product of the SL University system that gives out degrees (after 7 years) on nothing but a SENSE of ENTITLEMENT only.

Next time check your vehicle and what it needs to run on a road before you hit the road.

You want my apology? Come KMA.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 8

10 Mins of responce time is really amazing considering that you have reported a breakdown. Also this service being "Free", i dont think theres anything to complaint about. Its the drivers duty to check/have proper tools to do these minor do-it-yourslef jobs. If it wasent for them, you will still be on highway, trying to hitch a ride....

I, VVTi will do no such thing. I Will not apologize to an idiot OR his new found online friend who is trying to defend the first idiots moronic attitude towards a 'free service'.

I suggest both you morons go and get yourself a dictionary and study the difference between Emergency Rescue Vehicle and a mobile 'small' repair service.

Face it, both you morons must be a product of the SL University system that gives out degrees (after 7 years) on nothing but a SENSE of ENTITLEMENT only.

Next time check your vehicle and what it needs to run on a road before you hit the road.

You want my apology? Come KMA.

What did I say..! :-) I'm not surprised man! I was really expecting you to ask me KYA, cause I knew you didn't belong to any of the main 2 genders by looking at your profile. Your name is VVTi, and the badge is Alfa Romeo..! Come on man! which one are you..!

On a side note. I agree with you on the attitude of SL university idiots, and the general opinion on the expectations from the government to give out everything free.. That's wrong.! And I'm not saying the expressway services should be free.

And my friend, I'm not part of that SL Uni output. I was only against your bad attitude towards the guy who posted the wheel brace complaint.

Priceless - Thanks for being a gentleman.! Your point is true, People shouldn't be given things free. But is your OLD car allowed in the highway?

you gotta love when one idiot comes to defend another! :D

Yey..! So what does that make you.! The idiot from the 'more-than-2000-posts club??" :medium-smiley-037:

What did I say..! :-) I'm not surprised man! I was really expecting you to ask me KYA, cause I knew you didn't belong to any of the main 2 genders by looking at your profile. Your name is VVTi, and the badge is Alfa Romeo..! Come on man! which one are you..!

On a side note. I agree with you on the attitude of SL university idiots, and the general opinion on the expectations from the government to give out everything free.. That's wrong.! And I'm not saying the expressway services should be free.

And my friend, I'm not part of that SL Uni output. I was only against your bad attitude towards the guy who posted the wheel brace complaint.

Priceless - Thanks for being a gentleman.! Your point is true, People shouldn't be given things free. But is your OLD car allowed in the highway?

Yey..! So what does that make you.! The idiot from the 'more-than-2000-posts club??" :medium-smiley-037:

You want to know wbout my name and the logo... well, same reason why you call yourself AE100 but then using different cars as per your profile. One cannot keep changing the username everytime your preferences change.

If you think that is a reason to be gender confused, lets not start on your confusion with you being 'married' and 'divorced' to your cars. WTF?

Really? A K11 for Supermarketing??? Wow.... What do you buy? Tampons for your butt?

BTW, yes, my 'old' car is allowed on the Highway... :) In fact both my 'old' cars are allowed on the highway. It is inbred gimps like you who beleive that the registartion number of the car determines it's value, performance and handling. But then looking at your profile again, both my cars are only 2 years older than your 406... so I ask you... is yours allowed on the high way?

Like I said, you are better of KMA instead of getting in to a silly argument over some other moron who is not here to pay your Rs. 50 fee for taking on his argument.

Now FO and go shop for some tampons, dumbass ########.

• Like 2

First, figure out the proper usernames on AL. Next, I didn't say people shouldn't be given things for free. To break down what I said for you, what I said was people shouldn't EXPECT to be given things for free. I was talking about peoples' sense of entitlement, not about free services.

And my old car doesn't mean an old crock, I meant my former car. And yes, she was most definitely highway qualified. YOM was '97, and she was made for speed.

Of course man. the K11 can't do it.. That's why I keep it for supermarketing :-)

Why don't you talk about the French beauty of mine :-) Ask me about it.. :)

Thanks, but no thanks... :)

Anything Pug related, I ask from Harshan... he knows his stuff about the Pugs :)

But if I EVER want to find out how to use a K11 for supermarketing, will keep you in mind.,

• Like 1

my post count or the post count of anybody else has got nothing to do with this.

The fact of the matter was, OP was whining even after the emergency crew going out of their way to help him. If you notice, he has remained silent after this was brought out to the forefront.

The only idiot i see here is you who had to jump in to defend a false cause.

OP expects emergency crew to carry equipment to attend to any "small repair". which is not practical at all if you have any idea of equipment needed to support something like that.

And VVTI and all others are right in their comments against OP