• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ultimate Guide : Suzuki Swift "history, Service, Care & So Much More"

Abbas J

Quality of Content  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like reading Part 1

2. 2. Did you find the information useful

Wishing all Blog Post Readers a Happy and Safe Avurudu!!!!

2013 Updates and News (I am Back!!!!!!)

To all my post readers thanks for your support and comments. I decided to restart posting after a busy 12 months of starting a business in Sri Lanka.

What to expect in this years update:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Suzuki Swift Club Plans are in Motion and we had a super turn out at Independence Square

Pictures of the Official Casual Suzuki Enthusiasts Meet Up 2013 organized By "Ultra Racing Sri Lanka" was very successful. Special thanks to "Autoyouth" for their photographic coverage.

Continuous appreciation towards the "Autolanka" team as its no simple task to manage and run a forum with this many features and updates.

Education Series Updates (Will be updated over the course of the upcoming holidays and will be completed in an estimated 8 weeks.)

Part 4--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.0 Performance Wiper Blades and importance of clear vision.

Product installed : Wilita Performance Aero Wiper. Windscreen Fluid Wilita Windscreen Fluid without Anti Freeze

4.1 Wiper Brands
4.2 How to Select Wiper Blades
4.3 What to look for in a Blade
4.4 Blade care and maintenance
4.5 Different Designs and Gimmicks
4.6 Coatings and Glass Cleaning Tips

Part 5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics related to vehicle handling and chassis dynamics.

5.0 Products Installed : Ultra Racing Multi Point Chassis Tuning Products.
5.1 Planned Suspension Upgrades : Bilstein Shocks B14
5.2 Planned Brake Upgrades : Dixcel Rotors and Performance Pads

Part 6--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.0 Radiator Coolant

6.1 Brands

6.2 Selection

6.3 Dilution

All you need to know about Radiator Coolants and Dilution Process

Part 7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.0 Selecting Brake Pads and Rotors

Part 8--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.0 Drag Race Experience

How to prepare for competition race events
Safety Requirements
Performance enhancement Tips

Pending from last year (2012) :

CAR AUDIO VIDEO SYSTEMS!!!! Speakers and Amps too!!!!! (Pending Coming This week)

I have installed Pioneer Double Din Head Unit with Front Pair of Pioneer Components. Await full installation and review

I will be discussing head units, amps, subs, tweaters , wires , reverse cameras all in detail over the coming weeks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tire Purchasing Guide

All about tires: Tire rim sizes, alloy wheels, air pressure, types of tires sports or comfort. General Review of Bridgestone Turanza and Potenza tires (Pending)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread dedicated to Suzuki Swift Car Owners + All car enthusiasts

Personal Note:

Personal experience, passion for car care and detailing have helped in writing this thread.

Inspiration and gratitude to the many contributors of this forum I salute you. I wish to do my part and share my knowledge with everyone who shares the passion for cars.
Its unfortunate to live in an environment where the statement "Mai kath hondthai ai kath hondai" <> "this is good and that is good" based on opinions that are not backed by technical facts.

My threads objective is to write to the best of my abilities what I have learnt from the many sources online and offline . They all have contributed and help form and build the opinions I share here.

Enjoy :::: )

Contents

Part 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction
Purchasing a Car
Important Information about Car Variants and Origin of Vehicle

Japanese Swift

• Export Model (Agent Vehicle) Swift 2011

• USED :Domestic Model (Reconditioned Option) Swift 2004 -2010

​More about CVT and 1.2XG
Indian Swift

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.1 Personal Car Care
2.1.1 My ArmorAll Care Care Collection (Update 16th April 2012) Visit the link http://www.suzukiclu...ual_RS415_1.pdf]http://www.suzukiclu...ual_RS415_1.pdf

_____________ __________________________________________________________________________
/ _____ / ////// ////// //////
/ / / / ////// ////// //////
/ /____/ / ////// //////
/ _________/ ////// ////// ////// Part 3 Car Enhancements and Accessories
/ / ////// //////
/___/ ART ////// ////// //////
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cant seem to get my icon right. Any ideas why in editor it looks cool but when posted is a mess

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74265809@N02/6945222492/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Part 3.1 CAR AUDIO VIDEO AND SOUND RELATED ENHANCEMENTS
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

3.1.1 CAR HI FI INTRODUCTION

Definitions (pending)

Head Unit
Single (1 DIN)
Double (2 DIN)
Amplifier
Speakers
Coaxial
Component / Separates
Subwoofers
Wire Kits
Sound Deadening / Sound Proofing
Audio Processor
Equalizer Bands
FM Frequency Range
Japan Range / Sri Lanka Range
GPS Systems
Reverse Camera Integration

3.1.2 CAR OEM SYSTEMS

3.1.3 CAR's Come with Premium Audio in 2012 Myths vs Facts

3.1.4 After Market Brands

Commonly Known Brands

Head Unit Brands

Sony
Pioneer
JVC
Clarion
Blauphunkt
Alpine
Nakamichi

General Speaker Brands

DLS - Entry Level
Infinity
JBL
JL Audio
Boston Acoustic
Rockford Fosgate
Kicker
Lightning Audio
..................List goes on and will be updated in coming weeks

Dedicated Speaker Brands (Insane Performance Level Products)

DLS - SWEDEN
FOCAL AUDIO - USA
RAINBOW - Germany

OEM

Bowers and Wilkins - Jaguar Premium Package
Bang and Olufson -Design that is simply stunning. Comes with Audi Cars and Aston Martin. Finding its way into many products due to ICE amplifier concept.

Bose OEM installed usually in a variety of cars. High to medium end to even Ferrari and Porsche.

3.1.5 The Basics of After Market Car Audio

I hope to make this section a bit humorous and enjoyable to read. Option 1 is the standard most cost effective way to improve stock car audio. Option 2 is the full works approach to create the ultimate audio visual extravaganza for the neighborhood you live in.

Option 1

Hassle Free (Cost Effective) Method

STAGE 1 : CHANGE YOUR SPEAKERS

STAGE 2 : Change your Head Unit

STAGE 3 : Add A Powered Sub

Option 2

Allot of wiring, extra costs, cutting and the use of dedicated amplifies and non active sub woofers

STAGE 1 : Throw your Head unit and Buy A DVD MULTIMEDIA RECEIVER

STAGE 2 : ADD a 4 Channel Amplifier. (Under Seat or in the Rear Storage compartment space)

STAGE 3 : Get the System wired. Select Wire Kits, Special Fuse, Remove seats and tear ur car apart temporarily. Spend on interconnects and premium high gauge wiring too

STAGE 4 : Now you need one or more Subwoofers. Decide monochannel amplifier, 2 channel bridge , 4 channel bridge and then be confused.

STAGE 5: Once your system is operational an you have the watts to shake the neighbor hood you are the king of your area.

STAGE 6 : WAIT FOR PEER APPROVAL AND BE THE ENVY OF ALL. (Jealousy + you are a show off branding for yourself)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Note

16/04/2012

Car Care Pic Uploaded "ArmorAll Collection"
Updated Information on using Castrol Edge 5W-40 "Very Happy"

19/4/2012

Car Audio under part 3 initiated with icons and formatting for chapter details updated.

11/04/2013

Updates to new content and parts of blog. Correction of minor spelling errors and update to brands in Car Care Range

"Do give me feed back and improvement tips as I write"

"Will be adding photos and illustrations as I complete my ultimate guide"

Regards Abbas J

Edited by Abbas J
  • Like 2

mate this is really good, I do have 1 question regarding the 1.6 Swift Sports fuel economy though, I have a 1.3 Manual Jap and it does around 9 in traffic, I have a friend who has the sports and he swares by 10+ in traffic (Also Manual) Both cars have the avg fuel meter as well and the 1.3 shows 9.3 km/l and the 1.6 shows 10.4 km/l.. So unless this specific Swift sports is different to the rest, I think the 1.6 sports does better on fuel purely on having a better power to weight Ratio..

• Like 2

mate this is really good, I do have 1 question regarding the 1.6 Swift Sports fuel economy though, I have a 1.3 Manual Jap and it does around 9 in traffic, I have a friend who has the sports and he swares by 10+ in traffic (Also Manual) Both cars have the avg fuel meter as well and the 1.3 shows 9.3 km/l and the 1.6 shows 10.4 km/l.. So unless this specific Swift sports is different to the rest, I think the 1.6 sports does better on fuel purely on having a better power to weight Ratio..

are you an aggressive driver ? i have the same car with a manual gearbox and it does more than 9 kmpl. it does around 11-12 actually :)

well I own a 08 swift sports manual , 1.6L my case scenario a decent drive gives me 10-11 km/l in Colombo in rush hour & I’ve got a reading of 16km/l when I drove to dambulla (soft on the peddle) , if I drive aggressively like hitting 7000rpms to change gears , then consumption per liter drops down to 6-8 km/l. I think 1.3L should give more km/l , the jeep model old swift which we have does 12-13km/l in Colombo.

Edited by cruze5151

are you an aggressive driver ? i have the same car with a manual gearbox and it does more than 9 kmpl. it does around 11-12 actually :)

hmm interesting, well nope, its mainly my dad and even when I drive it, try to keep em rev's below 2500, average rpm's is about 2000 I guess.. and most of the other 1300 auto's I've seen have similar results, (8-9 in traffic)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Suzuki swift beetle 2004 and it has an alternator issue. Can you tell me a place to solve this issue and a good place for mechanical repairs for Suzuki swift near Colombo area.

A*W... ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Nice job brother..

I have a Suzuki swift beetle 2004 and it has an alternator issue. Can you tell me a place to solve this issue and a good place for mechanical repairs for Suzuki swift near Colombo area.

Please mail me: [email protected]

Thank you

Gayan

I would suggest you go to Either Kithul Watte or Rajagiriya Service Centre from A*W. They are actually very nice and will only ask you to replace or fix a part if needs to be. Just get it checked by the agents as its the safest.

If near Peliyagoda the High tech centre is there from A*W as well

I found information related to this. you may have to opt for 185/65 R15

Check following links

I have used Potenza and Turanza Tires

Potenza is prohibitively costly and is insanely expensive in Sri Lanka. A Rs 9000 tire costs 30000 due to tax.

The tire is awesome, super stiff and u can feel every bump on the road. Super road grip in wet and dry conditions. For Carpeted roads. Terrible if u have allot of potholes

I have bought the Turanza GR 90 tires and had them installed from Autodrome.

Fabulous for a smoother softer drive with comfortable driving performance. Tested on Suzuki Aerio

Previously was using Yokohama S series but not available in Sri Lanka "Came with car" was also super

Do ask for a discount more than 10 percent. U may just get it.

U and H has a massive variety and do check with them to. (Near Burgers King and Cinnamon Lakeside)

Recently tried Tire shop near Bambalipitiya Mosque. Super service too.

http://dsl-tyre.com/product_catalogue/champiro_eco.php Size Available and seems good? Not tested

http://dsl-tyre.com/product_catalogue/champiro_gtx_60.php

http://www.autodrome.lk/downloads/pricelists/Bridgestone%20Price%20List.pdf Bridgestone Price List

http://www.amwltd.com/pitstop/html/location.htm for good year

http://www.unitedmotors.lk/contactus.php Yokohama Tires

D*MO are agents for Michelin

2.3.1 Using Castrol Edge (Real Life Experience and Conclusion)

Having been a Caltex fan for over a decade I still use Havoline Formula Semi Synthetic for my Suzuki Aerio 2002. Its 2012 and no major engine oil related problem using this product. Only once got an oil seal leak.

I recently Tried the Caltex Edge Fully Synthetic and have now been using the car for a few months.

Definitely feel that the car is very smooth and performs very well. Smooth acceleration and quieter engine noise when in park position.

The car seems extremely smooth and I am not sure if its my imagination or the oil.

If any other blog readers have tried Fully Synthetic Oils please do give me your comments.

Especially when using the same viscosity 5W-40.

Conclusion: "Fully Satisfied with New Oil"

I'm using Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 fully synthetic oil. What you say is correct. When using fully synthetic, engine runs very smoothly & has quieter engine noise. I'm also fully satisfied with the fully synthetic oils.

Edited by RajeevRanganath
  • Like 1