• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero Sports Vs Ford Everest

docman

Question

Hi, i am new to autolanka. i want to buy a suv for my government servant permit..... montero sports looks nice but i cant go up to that price,

is it ford Everest alternative for montero sports?

what about it durability ( spare parts) ? reselling value?

please be kind enough to hep me? i

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

The Everest maybe better in terms of safety (do remember them having side and curtain airbags as well if its the XLT they are offering), Good powerful engines, but on the otherside it looks outdated, do believe a new model is around the corner since the Ranger has changed. Its a tough platform and will handle better and perform better than the Montero Sport, so need not worry much on the durability side. Not sure on the rest though, but both are made in Thailand.

• Like 1

The Everest maybe better in terms of safety (do remember them having side and curtain airbags as well if its the XLT they are offering), Good powerful engines, but on the otherside it looks outdated, do believe a new model is around the corner since the Ranger has changed. Its a tough platform and will handle better and perform better than the Montero Sport, so need not worry much on the durability side. Not sure on the rest though, but both are made in Thailand.

From what I know, Everest is a tough off-roader, which is durable and has a good safety record. On top of it, I've dealt with Ford agents and they seem to be better than Mitsubishi agents.

Montero Sport on the other hand, is a more comfortable ride.

If I ever have to select between the two, I would choose the Everest without thinking twice.

But having said that, you are a government servant permit holder and typically (hope I am not stereotyping here), you will be concerned about prestige, resale value, spares availability and most likely you will not subject your vehicle to any off-roading experience. Going by these criteria, you are probably better off looking at Montero Sport, Santa Fe, Sorento, Sportage and Tucson. These vehicles seem to be very popular with permit holders nowadays.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1