• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Newbie Advice] Buying A Used Motorcycle

Watchman

Question

I guess we've discussed a lot relating to things to look out for when buying a car, but I dont recall reading much on motorcylce buying advice. So I thought a new thread could be useful. In this case; for me.

I'm planning on buying a scrambler (200cc or less for now cos that's what the s'pore law says). Being a complete newbie to bikes I've joined a local forum to see what's happening in the local scene. But when it comes to mechanical advice I prefer asking a forum that I trust more cos we all know all forum's have their share of dumb-asses no matter when they joined or how many posts they have.

The local forum has a buying guide, which seems quite comprehensive but still better safe than sorry i guess. So Any general advice you guys have is most welcome. I guess I (and anyone else) can post more specific questions as we go on.

Thanks guys!

Now now, dont blow a fuse or something on your head over this mate! :)

I got it, SRX is faded beyond any sensitivity level of a camera! may be this can help you.

http://www.syfy.com/..._imaging_camera

no what i ws trying say there was that if guys see the current condition u guys will blow a fuse......

U see what happens is when u r schooling and hv a bike all those guys u hv nvr heard of becomes your friends just to ride it.....thats y i hvnt put many pics on fb....after all even the r6 was mostly damaged by them...i just blame my bro to get my dad off my back..........so none of the bikes were registered coz they were high capacity so it had no number plates except for the hawk and the srx+ the gsx....so most of them used to call me up and ask for a bike i like idiot used give it to them thinking that they are looking after it......they were scared to ride the hawk coz of its weight and the gsx is still being restored but the srx only they took and they have ruined coz end of the day its not theirs so they used to abuse....i ddnt knw this until one of them took it brought it back without the front disc...he has crashed it the disc has got bent and he has got it removed coz the tire was stuck he told that he would pay for it and the next he acts as if he dsnt knw me.........and also coz we couldnt fnd a disc it was jst left there and we ignored it and now the paint is gone no air in the tires and the meter panel i still could not fix coz i had to straighten the front folks....

no what i ws trying say there was that if guys see the current condition u guys will blow a fuse......

U see what happens is when u r schooling and hv a bike all those guys u hv nvr heard of becomes your friends just to ride it.....thats y i hvnt put many pics on fb....after all even the r6 was mostly damaged by them...i just blame my bro to get my dad off my back..........so none of the bikes were registered coz they were high capacity so it had no number plates except for the hawk and the srx+ the gsx....so most of them used to call me up and ask for a bike i like idiot used give it to them thinking that they are looking after it......they were scared to ride the hawk coz of its weight and the gsx is still being restored but the srx only they took and they have ruined coz end of the day its not theirs so they used to abuse....i ddnt knw this until one of them took it brought it back without the front disc...he has crashed it the disc has got bent and he has got it removed coz the tire was stuck he told that he would pay for it and the next he acts as if he dsnt knw me.........and also coz we couldnt fnd a disc it was jst left there and we ignored it and now the paint is gone no air in the tires and the meter panel i still could not fix coz i had to straighten the front folks....

OMG! I give up, you win ! boy!

ps: You better never marry a woman publicly . Others will come asking to be friends and later they might ask for rides ! and good luck finding that pair of balls. I'm not sure this is the right forum for that too.

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Edited by Cyclist

well it was lyk this one of my closest freinds strted borrowing the bike to go see his girl so if when ever i gv to him it would make his day i really coudnt say no but he also convinced me that this guy will look after the bike and the next day he crashed it............so i guess i lrnt it the hard way...coz at that time i ddnt hv the r1 and from the bikes only the r1 is mine so until i find a way to register the bike i ddnt wnt to put any pics so that i want repeat the same thing again...........n btw i nvr logged in to this forum to check weather i hv balls or not i just came to find parts for my bikes

well it was lyk this one of my closest freinds strted borrowing the bike to go see his girl so if when ever i gv to him it would make his day i really coudnt say no but he also convinced me that this guy will look after the bike and the next day he crashed it............so i guess i lrnt it the hard way...coz at that time i ddnt hv the r1 and from the bikes only the r1 is mine so until i find a way to register the bike i ddnt wnt to put any pics so that i want repeat the same thing again...........n btw i nvr logged in to this forum to check weather i hv balls or not i just came to find parts for my bikes

How is sharing a photo the same as letting some idiots who cant even shift gears abuse your bikes?

I dont know about you but most guys dont need to 'check' if they have balls. If you need to "check" then there's a chance you DONT :D

well they knw all the bikes i hv got accept for the r1 and once they knw its mine its gonna be annoying so all the other pics are there accept for the r1...i hv nvr taken it out of my are whr i live...coz once i by my bro a bike the next step is to register the blady thing and to register it i need about 40k once i register it i can take it out until then i need to keep the bike a secret from most of the guys....once i upload they will want to come c it then i will hv another problem with all these guys begging from me to take a spin it!...

And watchmen they have only ruined one bike the r6 i sold it it was 50% my freinds fault and the other 50% my bro's fault............

i really came to this site to find a bike not to check weather i hv balls or to prove anything.....cyclist i checked on that xlr u sent he has sold it when i called him :(..

Kid, two pieces of advice.

1. Mind your language on the forums. I have to remove posts that you swear on, Work of that kinda annoys me

2. Just learn to say no to people. Friends, brothers, girls, whoever. Its a very important life lesson.

1. Mind your language on the forums. I have to remove posts that you swear on, Work of that kinda annoys me

2. Just learn to say no to people. Friends, brothers, girls, whoever. Its a very important life lesson.

Ok first of all i only came to this site to find a bike for my bro and also find spare parts aswell and in the end i hv to put up with these guys.......

if they really want proof they can come to my place and take a look...i hv no issue

Edited by dingy

'Pericles',

I appreciate your post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ok first of all i only came to this site to find a bike for my bro and also find spare parts aswell and in the end i hv to put up with these guys.......

if they really want proof they can come to my place and take a look...i hv no issue

You come here looking for free advice. No-one here is bound to be sweet to you anything. They can say whatever they want to you. If you want love, goto your parents.. or better yet your beloved friends.. see how much they still love you after you tell them they are no longer allowed to ride your (dad's) bikes.