• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4Dr5 Jeep Ac Unit

Nishan Rodrigo

How to install a AC unit to 4DR5 short wheel jeep?? is there any place to buy?? Thanks..

'Nishan Rodrigo',

4DR5 is it fully covered with full body or soft top? The engine can have the duel A/C. with no problem.

You try Mr. Rohan Perera. Contact number 2303910. Mobile: 0777 393608. at C.R.P. Engineering (Pvt) Ltd.

I got my van fitted a new unit few months back it was under 40000.00 Rupees.

Get a quotation before and compare with others also.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

it will cost mare than that..coz 4dr5 u need to fix everything...coz it was not a factory fitted AC vehical...everything from the engine room it self u need to change......it will cost you around.. 60k... better to get it done with a experience guy who has done AC for jeeps.... if not engine over heating & all sorts of issues will come

it will cost mare than that..coz 4dr5 u need to fix everything...coz it was not a factory fitted AC vehical...everything from the engine room it self u need to change......it will cost you around.. 60k... better to get it done with a experience guy who has done AC for jeeps.... if not engine over heating & all sorts of issues will come

'3000cc',

Engine power is more than enough to fix even twin A/C unit.

Do not misunderstand.Can you explain engine over heating due to A/C unit in operation. I like to know about same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I'm also having 4DR5; Though it has above said engine capacity following facts reccomended to be considerd;

a. Engine & its' transmission has designed to provide maximum torque as its needed.

b. Cooling System has designed in conventional basic way & think about the cooling effiecency of the cooling system of the vehicle.

c. AC compressor will be driven by the engine it will give extra burdon on engine than normal condition.

d. So becos of that power of the engine reduced when AC compresor intact(This can be easyly overcome by fixing push button type switch closer to steering so thah when you need more power you can easily switched off it)

Dear Nishantha; Don't be discourage by these talks;bcos I have also think several times & made my jeep Duel AC. Remember to insulate the canopy well; otherwise your effort will go on vane. To me it cost arround 70k & did it from Negombo.

Best of luck with your 4DR5

I'm also having 4DR5; Though it has above said engine capacity following facts reccomended to be considerd;

a. Engine & its' transmission has designed to provide maximum torque as its needed.

b. Cooling System has designed in conventional basic way & think about the cooling effiecency of the cooling system of the vehicle.

c. AC compressor will be driven by the engine it will give extra burdon on engine than normal condition.

d. So becos of that power of the engine reduced when AC compresor intact(This can be easyly overcome by fixing push button type switch closer to steering so thah when you need more power you can easily switched off it)

Dear Nishantha; Don't be discourage by these talks;bcos I have also think several times & made my jeep Duel AC. Remember to insulate the canopy well; otherwise your effort will go on vane. To me it cost arround 70k & did it from Negombo.

Best of luck with your 4DR5

'charminda_wadu3854',

Glad to have you on this forum with experience by fitting a double A/C to your Jeep. With valuable advice.

4DR5 engine produce about 75 to 80 HP on normal running speed.

I don't think that will be a burden on the 4DR5 Engine.

When you off the A/C compressor do you feel extra power from the engine and your speed goes up. When you drive and you want to overtake another vehicle on a clear road.

I too off my A/C if I want extra power to overtake another vehicle. Like to have your comment.

Your advice to insulate from heat cover the soft top is a very good advice.

I have fitted an A/C to a small maruti omni van which has three cylinders and very much low engine capacity of 790 CC. With a fan on the inside to give cooling effect to rear passengers.

I have painted white to reflect the heat of the van top and insulated very well with two Mac-foil heat insulation. Even engine compartment is insulated again with Mac-foil, and all inside too pasted with heat treatment Mac-foil.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr Wijesinghe,

I will not agree on the above point...Coz i personely use BJ43 Which has a engine of 3B..I still feel when im speeding the difference with A?C & without A/C & the reading of the engine heat meter... Coz i have fixed manual meter as well....& when im driving My cousins j24..it clearly shows the extra burden on engine than normal condition.

but Machang,

Nothing to worry about that..Use 17C A/c compressor,

​Don't use mac foil to cover the engine romm from inside...Hard rubber sheet ....is much more useful...

Mr Wijesinghe,

I will not agree on the above point...Coz i personely use BJ43 Which has a engine of 3B..I still feel when im speeding the difference with A?C & without A/C & the reading of the engine heat meter... Coz i have fixed manual meter as well....& when im driving My cousins j24..it clearly shows the extra burden on engine than normal condition.

but Machang,

Nothing to worry about that..Use 17C A/c compressor,

​Don't use mac foil to cover the engine romm from inside...Hard rubber sheet ....is much more useful...

'3000cc',

3B engine produce more HP than 4DR5, If you on the A/c there is a small amount of power is absorbed for A/C as for my knowledge for a diesel engine this is negligible. There will be little speed loss, but for a petrol engine there is a noticeable power loss.

I very rarely use diesel engine vehicles because during my young days 4 cylinder Diesel engine for automobiles was not doing that well. For example first Peugeot Diesel failed in srilanka in early 1970. All of them had after 40000 miles under compression every morning had to push start. Later Japanese engines came with modified technology. Most Jeeps were first with 4 and 6 cylinder Petrol engines

I agree to your engine room cover it is better with hard rubber sheet. I tried this first that do not stick very well has to do some mechanical fitting to keep in place.

Mac-foil is more flexible can be pasted to the engine compartment easily.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.