• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bongo Vs Townace

Amila G

Hi Experts,

My friend is going to buy a van. Specifically a Townace CR27 aka lotto. But I think they are pretty overpriced as a good condition 1996 one cost abt 2.5 million.

Also I figured that you can buy a 2000 or later mazda "lion face" :) van for 2.5mil.

So mazda experts, could you please comment on the economy/comfort/resale value/parts availabilty of a bongo compared to a town ace cr27. (I know that a good CR27 does about 12 Km/Litre). I think both have more or less the same durability.

2.5m you can buy 1997 brand new CR41. yesterday newspaper i sow that for 2.575m if you are buying cr27 try to find 2m maximum. according to my exprience Toyota is good.

Thanks but you can't get a good quality CR27 for 2m (except for 4WD + auto ones). I know a 1996 CR27 with a GK-XXXX number which was sold at 25.6M abt a month back. Also Cr41's are closer to 3M so I guess the cheaper ones are not in good condition.

Thanks but you can't get a good quality CR27 for 2m (except for 4WD + auto ones). I know a 1996 CR27 with a GK-XXXX number which was sold at 25.6M abt a month back. Also Cr41's are closer to 3M so I guess the cheaper ones are not in good condition.

you just check yesterday Lankadeepa Lahipita. there is a 1997 CR41 brand new first owner one there for 2.575m

Hi Experts,

My friend is going to buy a van. Specifically a Townace CR27 aka lotto. But I think they are pretty overpriced as a good condition 1996 one cost abt 2.5 million.

Also I figured that you can buy a 2000 or later mazda "lion face" :) van for 2.5mil.

So mazda experts, could you please comment on the economy/comfort/resale value/parts availabilty of a bongo compared to a town ace cr27. (I know that a good CR27 does about 12 Km/Litre). I think both have more or less the same durability.

fuel economy wise both of them are near identical but from my experience town ace is do 1kmpl more than bongo. but maintenance wise townace is cheaper to maintain than bongo comfort wise townace is better than bongo. resale value wise townace have better second hand market than bongo but that doesn't mean bongo don't have a second hand market. but townace is easy to sell than mazda bongo. spare parts availability is no problem to both of them there are plenty of spare parts available for both of them.

theres a reason why the townace fetches a higher market value its not just the Toyota badge, The town ace is one of the easiest vehicles to run - freely available parts, economical and from my experience ( having driven my friends van many times) it's very "driveable"