• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Change(Increase) The Odometer Reading.. (Nissan Sunny Fb14 Digital Meter)

arun-online

Question

hi Expertz....

i bought nissan sunny fb14 digital meter car recently. Odo was about 160,000km. Since there was a problem i had to replace the meter with a recondition one. New odo meter reading is about 1500kms. its a funny mileage for a 14 year old car. :speechless-smiley-004:

So is it possible to get the previous value..(or lessor value....about 100k.. :prankster2: ).

PM me please if there is a place that i can change the Odo value..

Thanks ma friends...

Edited by arun-online

22 answers to this question

hi Expertz....

i bought nissan sunny fb14 digital meter car recently. Odo was about 160,000km. Since there was a problem i had to replace the meter with a recondition one. New odo meter reading is about 1500kms. its a funny mileage for a 14 year old car. :speechless-smiley-004:

So is it possible to get the previous value..(or lessor value....about 100k.. :prankster2: ).

Thanks ma friends...

'arun-online',

Try close to Kirulapana bridge there is a person who do Audiometer repairs, any motor sale will inform the contact number.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

JDNET is the resident expert of increasing the odo reading to fool people :D

I heard there's a bloke near Kalubowila Hospital who can do this. I guess the threewheeler drivers in the area would show u the way.

Be a good human being this Christmas and please keep the reading genuine. After all, you wouldn't want anyone to sell u a car with a fake reading would u?

• Like 2

It's rather easy than rolling back the odometer. I would like to call it a two-step process

1. Firmly decide the number you want your odometer to be rolled up.

2. Drive that distance.

It's not rocket science mate.

That wouldn't really work now would it ?

Lets just assume for an instance that the op is as stupid as you, therefore he drives 160,000km.

that means even though the cars odo shows 160,000km its actually driven (160,000+160,000km) 320,000km.

There is a method of becoming a smartass, the first step is to get your logic straight :rolleyes:

• Like 1

That wouldn't really work now would it ?

Lets just assume for an instance that the op is as stupid as you, therefore he drives 160,000km.

that means even though the cars odo shows 160,000km its actually driven (160,000+160,000km) 320,000km.

There is a method of becoming a smartass, the first step is to get your logic straight :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that he'll have to drive at least 500 km a day, everyday for a year, to cover that distance. :D

It's rather easy than rolling back the odometer. I would like to call it a two-step process

2. Drive that distance.

yes yes. this is good. did you go to school?

Enter de silva road from either the kalubowila hospital side or form Dutugamunu street (Near Lucus service Station) drive till you come to a large factory gate just pass that you will find 2 cream colored roller gates – that’s the place. Sorry don’t have the number.

It’s your decision and all the jazz – hence trust you would do the correct reading like crosswind has put it

2. Drive that distance.

good stuff man... :violent-smiley-027::speechless-smiley-003:

then it is easy to get a lower ODO by reversing the vehicle... :yahoo:

anway datz how i broke ma old odometer... ma bad,,, :action-smiley-035:

Edited by arun-online

Reminds me of bueller! Stick the car up on some mounts and put it into drive and check it every couple of months!

Lol @OP this is one of the strangest questions I've ever heard! I say keep the mileage as it is, I'm sure any buyer would be happy with your honesty - happier than if you tried to pass off the car with lower than genuine mileage at least.

• Like 1

good stuff man... :violent-smiley-027::speechless-smiley-003: then it is easy to get a lower ODO by reversing the vehicle... :yahoo: anway datz how i broke ma old odometer... ma bad,,, :action-smiley-035:

How? You would have to drive 841,499kms in reverse to to reach that distance, at which the car would have been driven over a million kms :P

Besides, since it's a digital ODO, the entire concept is moot anyway (not to mention downright silly). Digital ODOs only count up, even in reverse. An electric pulse has no direction.

Edited by terrabytetango

How? You would have to drive 841,499kms in reverse to to reach that distance, at which the car would have been driven over a million kms :P

Besides, since it's a digital ODO, the entire concept is moot anyway (not to mention downright silly). Digital ODOs only count up, even in reverse. An electric pulse has no direction.

hey dont get it serious machan.. im jst kiddin...

who is going to reverse the vehicle to reduce odo.. :D

Edited by arun-online

hi Expertz....

Thanks ma friends...

Fix your old ODO meter. Take few pictures of good quality with date imprints.

Take this to the agents, do a service and get their book and receipt with old ODO meter reading.

Take a series of photos of fixing the new ODO meter and the new reading.

Put it in a file.

Show to the next buyer, at least few will appreciate and honor your claims.

Hope this helps............

• Like 8

Take this to the agents, do a service and get their book and receipt with old ODO meter reading.

Put it in a file.

+1

Put it in a file.

'varunatech',

Very good post. I appreciate your post, any new buyer also will be convinced that the present owner had done a honest job as photo evidence is there to prove that car had done that much of Kilometers.

Do not know previous owners had reduce the odometer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

This is why it is always important to maintain your vehicle at the agents or other reputable service centers where a potential buyer could get mileages verified through records. In the current state of affairs, this would definitely be a plus point

If you want to prove that your odo is genuine, keep all the VET certificates & service receipts and get the vehicle serviced/maintained by people who know their job. That doesn't necessarily mean agents or 'reputable service centres'.

Edited by Crosswind

If you want to prove that your odo is genuine, keep all the VET certificates & service receipts and get the vehicle serviced/maintained by people who know their job. That doesn't necessarily mean agents or 'reputable service centres'.

Well people you think knows their job may not necessarily be known to a potential buyer. Records from the agents or a service center of repute for the brand always gives an additional sense of assurance to a buyer. Might not be a deal breaker for most japs. But quite the opposite for euro's