• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Serena

SLA

Thanks nexus and sorry for the delayed reply.

It is a LX, but a little modified one. has all 4 new FX doors, new 2k paint with so called "tin body" :). This is a manual one and having most of the options that I expected (AC/PS/PM with rectractable mirrors/center locking with remote key/ pioneer cd player(2011 model) with rear pioneer speakers/ latest alloy wheels with almost bn tyres)

Van is in very good condition :)

It cost RS13.90, no is 254-XXXX

Thanks nexus and sorry for the delayed reply.

It is a LX, but a little modified one. has all 4 new FX doors, new 2k paint with so called "tin body" :). This is a manual one and having most of the options that I expected (AC/PS/PM with rectractable mirrors/center locking with remote key/ pioneer cd player(2011 model) with rear pioneer speakers/ latest alloy wheels with almost bn tyres)

Van is in very good condition :)

It cost RS13.90, no is 254-XXXX

Does it have a turbo engine and what is rear suspension configuration? Still leaf springs?

no.. it is a cd20 newly replaced engine... my mechanic confirmed the engine is in very good condition.It is having a good pulling power compared to the other auto serenas that I came accross. We drove through the highway and aslo went to Kandy with 5 people inside - It did over 12Km per Lt (with AC ), feel the van is quite worth for this price.

I really loved the original FX that comes with turbo engine and comfortable suspention system, but it costs at least Rs.18-20 to find a good FX.

• 7 years later...
On 12/17/2011 at 8:40 PM, SLA said:

Hi friends, any idea about Serena Vans? 93-96 models.

You can find it around 13 -15 laks (G*-XXXX number)... I dont bothering abt the reselling value. Serena is the van I found in that price range that comes with enough options (Dual AC, PS, PM,electic door, adjustable/rotating seats).

I want an auto gear diesel Serena. Since there are several models like VX, FX, what is the best model I should select?

Some people say not to buy it, but without proper explanation :(

If I find a well maintained one( I can do the basic maintenance stuff once I but it as well) will I still have to face so called troubles regularly?

Is it difficult to find parts for Serena?

Aiya , Did you buy the Serena ? Is that a fair decision?

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, jayasantha42805 said:

Im also looking for serina thats why i search this, i think fx model suitable for me. If any one have that cooling button photo,plz post it. If i buy serina is it necessary to change radiator or removal of spare wheel.

I doubt that's a standard fitting. No vehicle manufacturer would send a manual button to switch on radiator fans rather they install something call temperature sensor and that would trigger the fans at the correct working temperature of the engine. 

As for changing of radiator, it's subjective depends on the quality of the existing one and for some models prone to heat more, they install bigger, 3 core radiator and that will help if the vehicle tends to heat more.

Removing of spare wheel isn't advisable as it might have been factored for frontal safety. Check how much of a block of the airflow to radiator it causes and decide based on that. 

• 6 months later...