• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Serena

SLA

Hi friends, any idea about Serena Vans? 93-96 models.

You can find it around 13 -15 laks (G*-XXXX number)... I dont bothering abt the reselling value. Serena is the van I found in that price range that comes with enough options (Dual AC, PS, PM,electic door, adjustable/rotating seats).

I want an auto gear diesel Serena. Since there are several models like VX, FX, what is the best model I should select?

Some people say not to buy it, but without proper explanation :(

If I find a well maintained one( I can do the basic maintenance stuff once I but it as well) will I still have to face so called troubles regularly?

Is it difficult to find parts for Serena?

I also owned a Nissan Serena VX one. People used to say "Sadahatama Oba Mage". because it didnt had a good second hand market. In 20001 I bought it for 525/= & in 2002 sold it for 450/=.it was a 59 - 1991 modle.

According to my experience it is a good family van with good fuel economy (Manual one)

There are three grades in serena

LX - basic van with AC/Ps

Vx - Full Option

FX - Full Option, Rear Full Light, Sliding door closing aid, rear door power shutter (Some are Dual AC)

Hi friends, any idea about Serena Vans? 93-96 models.

You can find it around 13 -15 laks (G*-XXXX number)... I dont bothering abt the reselling value. Serena is the van I found in that price range that comes with enough options (Dual AC, PS, PM,electic door, adjustable/rotating seats).

I want an auto gear diesel Serena. Since there are several models like VX, FX, what is the best model I should select?

Some people say not to buy it, but without proper explanation :(

If I find a well maintained one( I can do the basic maintenance stuff once I but it as well) will I still have to face so called troubles regularly?

Is it difficult to find parts for Serena?

as other member said vx and fx are the best trims of nissan serena and go for a van with turbo engine they are easy to resell and pull better than non turbo one since you are selecting vx and fx this is no problem to you there are few problems with nissan serena one is there is a switch to on the cooling fan of the van if you forgot to on it vehicle can get over heat this can be avoided by doing some modifications and make the fan work all the time and it have two timing belts instead one and mechanics ask higher prices to replace them because it's very hard to replace them another problem is this van is unstable at higher speeds and prone to accidents.

finding spare parts is not that hard it's been a nissan but don't expect to find them very easily(specially body parts)like in townace and liteace

most of the vx i seen are turbo charge and now days most of the serenas are replace with turbo engine because low puling power if the engine is a turbo on the engine written as nissan diesel turbo or just turbo and when driving the van when you accelerate you feel the turbo kick in

all of them have a cooling fan but there is a switch to on the cooling fan when needed

Thank you so much for the info. One more small clarification.... does that mean , if we make that fan to run all the time, we can travel a long distance without any issue ? Hope all most every van is set to automatically run that fal once the engine is up.

Highly appreciate your valuable info abt Serenas.... It seems its ok to go for a Serena, English No for less than 14Laks if the van is in good condition, isnt it?

(I will be using it for over 2 years time, want to have a van with good interior and exterior condition as well :) )

I know finding a good Serena is the next challenge :D.........

Thank you so much for the info. One more small clarification.... does that mean , if we make that fan to run all the time, we can travel a long distance without any issue ? Hope all most every van is set to automatically run that fal once the engine is up.

Highly appreciate your valuable info abt Serenas.... It seems its ok to go for a Serena, English No for less than 14Laks if the van is in good condition, isnt it?

(I will be using it for over 2 years time, want to have a van with good interior and exterior condition as well :) )

I know finding a good Serena is the next challenge :D.........

yes if you modified the fan to work all the time you can travel long distance without overheating issue.

if the vehicle is in good condition and you i don't care about the resale value much it's ok to buy one and when you are looking for one make sure it have a turbo engine and look for it have any corrosion some people say they have corrosion problem and you are selecting fx or vx make sure all the options properly works and keep some extra money on hand just in case if there are problems with it.

good luck fella.

little ground clearence; oil sump is most likely to damage

AC not enough to cool the entire cabin ; except dual ac

inherent design fault in cooling system; if air bubble trap during coolent replacement (most like to happen than other vehicles), cooling system is in jeopardy. then engine overheats; damage gasket; crack cylinder head

in 2002 i bought GA-xxx(auto) for 5k :speechless-smiley-006: & after 2 years i sold it for 5.10k :-) bt i spent about nearly 1k for repairs :o . pls check the shocks.. in my van,the previous owner has used "POL-LELI"for the expired shocks :speechless-smiley-004: .. don't go alone and check yourself. please go with mechanic and chek all the things..in my case im not satisfied with this model.in my opinion i think suzuki every is better than this.

this is a good vehicle even though most people complain about this vehicle only shortcomings and its a bit under powered (afaik its got a CD17 or CD20 engine) and also its cooling system has special bleeding nipples. Most mechanics dnt know hw to use this nipple properly and thats thecause for the cooling system faults in this vehicle.

and i dnt recall seeing a switch of any sort in the dash for engine cooling purposes

• Like 1

this is a good vehicle even though most people complain about this vehicle only shortcomings and its a bit under powered (afaik its got a CD17 or CD20 engine) and also its cooling system has special bleeding nipples. Most mechanics dnt know hw to use this nipple properly and thats thecause for the cooling system faults in this vehicle.

and i dnt recall seeing a switch of any sort in the dash for engine cooling purposes

'dude',

You are totally correct about the cooling system of this engine.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

nissan serena diesel is originally comes with cd20 and cd20t engines.

i don't have a picture of it the switch is locate near steering wheel in line with power mirror switch.

Some Serenas are diesel converted. Like the KR42 s are Petrol chasis no, how to find if the vehicle is not original diesel ?

(better I start a new discussion :) )

'SLA',

You have already opened up a new thread, I have replied for same.

As for your question I think Petrol and Diesel Vehicles had different chassis numbers.

Like KR and CR for Toyota Vehicles.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Probably the first time Sylvi called someone dude :P

'JadeyBlitzen',

I don't call normally any member in unwanted names.

Dude was the member who had posted the post from Kandy with 214 Posts.

I used his forum name to reply the post.

I don't think he will get offended for same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'JadeyBlitzen',

I don't call normally any member in unwanted names.

Dude was the member who had posted the post from Kandy with 214 Posts.

I used his forum name to reply the post.

I don't think he will get offended for same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dude isn't an unwanted name. It like an American equivalent of Machang. A less formal version of "sir", if you want to look at it that way. Calling someone dude is no call for offence.

Tho calling someone an "MC dude" used to be an insult. As Madmax might remember...

• Like 1

Dude isn't an unwanted name. It like an American equivalent of Machang. A less formal version of "sir", if you want to look at it that way. Calling someone dude is no call for offence.

Tho calling someone an "MC dude" used to be an insult. As Madmax might remember...

'Pericles',

Yes I agree with you. Originally when I first started to post I used to Address Members Sir.

Let forget and help the A/L forum members for their problems of Automobiles. The best way we can.

I thank You for your post giving an a explanation.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 weeks later...