• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Range Rover Evoque In Sri Lanka

CyRaX

Shape has some similarity with the Kia Sportage.. which has also won awards for its design.

It would be interesting to see how the price will compare against the Freelander, or will this replace the Freelander some day ?

no offence... but this hidiouse bloody thing is not valuable enough to represent the Rang Rover brand.... it is a bloody shame to Land Rover as a whole...

What wrong with that? Its a beautiful design..

Tell us what is your idea of a great car design?

• Like 2

no offence... but this hidiouse bloody thing is not valuable enough to represent the Rang Rover brand.... it is a bloody shame to Land Rover as a whole...

You should write a strongly worded email to LandRover or Tata and express your displeasure and tell them that unless they do something about their design you will hereby suspend all your Land Rover and Range Rover purchases. I'm pretty sure they'll start a recall right away. After all i'm sure they don't want to loose a regular customer like you.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

This is the demo vehicle, it will be the course car for the night races as well. Two 5 doors Dynamics will be in town by next week with two more 5 door Plus and Prestige models coming down.

That's great news, out of curiosity, who's bringing them down?

It would be interesting to see how the price will compare against the Freelander, or will this replace the Freelander some day ?

This is sold under the Range Rover marquee, a lot more upscale than the Freelander. I had the pleasure of driving one. And like the brand ambassador Victoria Beckham it is more suited for women.

Edited by madmax

saw it on TopGear where with the two door version (well, three door infact) it's ridiculously hard to get in the back seat 'cos the front seats dont slide/tild forward far enough, lol ... Clarkson was basically like "WTF?" hahaha

wouldnt go quite as far as that but it is just a pimped up freelander 2 and is not worthy or the range rover title which is turn is just like the ford kuga.. but then again the same can be said for the range rover sport.

Not to my personal style of things but they seem to have sold very well in the uk so far as i used to see a lot of them around.

Im assuming if you feel this strongly about this then you havent seen the design sketches for the new defender.......in short TATA are about to lose a large amount of defender sales if they go through with their current plans as it takes a certain type of person to buy a defender brand new and they do because of the almost timeless look of them which will be totally lost with the new design.

Some great bargains on proper Land Rovers in Oz this Christmas present week, like $A39K drive-away on new Defender 90s. Real machines...don't think Vikky would enjoy one :)

Yes, very valuable information for all the Australians who wanted to goto auto-Oz.com but made a typo n typed autolanka.com :P

Edited by Watchman

This is sold under the Range Rover marquee, a lot more upscale than the Freelander. I had the pleasure of driving one. And like the brand ambassador Victoria Beckham it is more suited for women.

So the pirce will be " upscale " as well then, its kind of hard to imagine the type of niche market they they can target especially in Sri Lanka. The new freelander 2 is more than enough for the lady of the house or any sophisticated Colombo lady to be driving in, also in terms of off road appeal the new EVOQE does not quite fit in to a picture of slashing through mud.... , but it looks very very sexy....

So in the end its a girly SUV, and if you are a real man you have much more choice would be very interesting to see the profile of guys who buy this ?

wouldnt go quite as far as that but it is just a pimped up freelander 2

Im assuming if you feel this strongly about this then you havent seen the design sketches for the new defender.......in short TATA are about to lose a large amount of defender sales if they go through with their current plans as it takes a certain type of person to buy a defender brand new and they do because of the almost timeless look of them which will be totally lost with the new design.

I couldn't agree with you more, these indians are foolish...