• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Car Audio & Modification

nels@autolanka

Dear Friends.

Plz tell me a best place to add a Audio System to my car[an Alto] I only need Speakers and Woofers Not Players. Plz give me your kind advice to buy. also the prise range.

Also I like to know a place to fit door wiser s and a roof railing kit. Plz guys like to get ur ideas soon.

gilbert and Pet#o are good places for high end stuff imho.

price really depends on the quality you're expecting so best that you go to an audio joint and take a look at what they have.

the other two bits can be done at places like sunlanka. also many shops along darley road too have all those bits.

I think there is a shop called unique lanka closer to the exit gate of st.Joesph's college in darley road..they too have all those bits

Easy.just get this done by a profetional electrician. you will cost around 1000-1500 ,if youre not going to go for a big sound Boom BOOm woofers :speechless-smiley-006: .normal MP3+radio player will cost around 14k now these days.for speakers normal speakers 9" will cost around 4000/-. if you go for a JBL or any branded oval shape on will cost starting from 6000/- to 20,000 - 30,000. you can purchase these things from your nearest fancy of electric shop in your city.( rememebr to get a warranty for your items) or visit Su. Lank.... .

Try Pet#o La#ka, Gilbert or Bara Stereo.

Price depend on your requirements as said by Miniace. I think Your car has 4" dash mounted speakers. If you want bass a good pair of 6X9s in Boxes would be sufficent.Eg-(Rockford fosgate,Infinity,Polk audio or JBL). The prices range from 7k-15k. And If you want to go for a Subwoofer ,I would advise you to go for a 8" or 10" Sub. Anything bigger than that would make things rattle and would require sound dampening. Whats your budget ??

Sunlanka has Roof railings and door visors

Edited by kelum_wj

That's right, their stuff is good, but workmanship is poor. I got fixed a sony player, after few hours it was not working, had to go there again, found that wires they had used were not long enough resulted a loose conection. But 100% satisfactory witht the player.

i did my car up there some time back. not happy with the installation work and attention paid to detail.

• Like 1

i did my car up there some time back. not happy with the installation work and attention paid to detail.

Yep me too... When they (advance) installed my rear speakers, the guy broke the plastic thingy that covers the starting point of the seat belt(and attached 2 pieces with multibond). Also couple of days ago I saw that they have broken the metal part in the speaker, to which the wire clip is connected and soldered the wire to the speaker instead. and a metal part of the speaker touched a metal in the body and made a squeaking sound when going over bumps. So I had to cover it with a rubber.

Apart from that. they were nice and friendly and the player is working fine.

Same here bro. I bought a pioneer usb player with speakers sometime back.After sometime player satarted to turn off from time to time, when travelling on rough roads. Then i just pulled out the set and found out that they havent connected the ground wire. They are not really proffesional in their work.

Members ,

I do not advertise Pet#o. Old Patti Mahathaya was from RASC, working for British Army in Roayal air force sitll living.

His Sons and ad relatives handle the Pet#o. I allays go there for my audio systems although I use cheapest new Vehicles available in srilanka.

Indian And Chinese Vehicles.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Try to get component speakers in the front and 6X9s in boxes at the rear. And a good amplifier.For speakers I would recommend Rockford, Infinity, JBL, Polk and Kenwood. If you want an amplifier go for JBL or Kenwood. I would advise you to go to a stereo shop and Listen to all these brands and select the one which sounds great and suits your budget.

• Like 1

@Kalum Wj

My Budget is around 20k-25k. Can I buy Speakers,Sub and a Good Amplifier form that? Brand[JBL or Kenwood]

Speakers would cost 8-15k for 6X9s and Amplifier would cost 8-15k and a Sub with the enclosure would cost between 8-12k :)

JBL GTO 6X9s were 10k with enclosures if i remember right. And JBL subwoofer was 19k with the amplifier. :)

Edited by kelum_wj

Speakers would cost 8-15k for 6X9s and Amplifier would cost 8-15k and a Sub with the enclosure would cost between 8-12k :)

JBL GTO 6X9s were 10k with enclosures if i remember right. And JBL subwoofer was 19k with the amplifier. :)

Machang,

Is there any idea to avoid get Dicky Fulfilled with Sound System? Is there any enclosures which can save Dicky Space?

not all subs takes up a lot of space. i'm in the process of hooking up two 8 inch jbl subs to my truck. one sub only require 0.3cubic feet of space in an enclosed box.

if you want to have a ported box or a bandpass system is when you need a lot of space.

My two subs are going under the two front seats. made the boxes as small as possible and waiting for the wiring kit i got off ebay to arrive to hook everything up :) DIY

Have a nice day Machanla.:action-smiley-025:

I heard a Place call Ad*nced Car Audio. Are they good for this case? I visited there site looks they do nice job there. Has any body

fixed something from them.So plz post ur Experiences in this lovely forum.

Happy foruming.

:music-smiley-026:

Have a nice day Machanla. :action-smiley-025:

I heard a Place call Ad*nced Car Audio. Are they good for this case? I visited there site looks they do nice job there. Has any body

fixed something from them.So plz post ur Experiences in this lovely forum.

Happy foruming.

:music-smiley-026:

did you mean Adv#nce Car Audio - Dehiwala? Post #9 to 12 is about them.