• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Misfiring

Willy

Question

21 answers to this question

HI friends,

My Tata Indica has engine misfiring issue. Please advice me on how I can get rid of it.

Thank you

Willy

Sadly this could be for quite a few reasons so difficult to diagnose on a forum. Best to take the car to the good mechanic. It will most likely be related to the ignition (spark plugs, HT leads, ignition unit) or the fuel injection system (fuel line blockage, throttle body issues, injector issues). The other possibility is an electronic issue originating out of a sensor failure or the ECU. But there is no point discussing this further, just get a good mechanic to take a look at it.

• Like 1

Sadly this could be for quite a few reasons so difficult to diagnose on a forum. Best to take the car to the good mechanic. It will most likely be related to the ignition (spark plugs, HT leads, ignition unit) or the fuel injection system (fuel line blockage, throttle body issues, injector issues). The other possibility is an electronic issue originating out of a sensor failure or the ECU. But there is no point discussing this further, just get a good mechanic to take a look at it.

'The Don',

This member is a teacher I spoke to him over the telephone he has opened another thread his telephone number is there, as for my request he has posted there.

Because he had not given full details. of his engine problem.

I told him to check what you have exactly mentioned on your post. Only extra thing I told him was to check the petrol pump pressure.

He informd me by Telephone he is the second owner and Vehicle has done about 33000 KMS.

There are no good Mechanics in that Town Bati to find out his engine problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'The Don',

This member is a teacher I spoke to him over the telephone he has opened another thread his telephone number is there, as for my request he has posted there.

Because he had not given full details. of his engine problem.

I told him to check what you have exactly mentioned on your post. Only extra thing I told him was to check the petrol pump pressure.

He informd me by Telephone he is the second owner and Vehicle has done about 33000 KMS.

There are no good Mechanics in that Town Bati to find out his engine problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It is a shame because Batticoloa is quite a big town. It is also good information because my sister works in Mannar and we are in the process of buying a car for her and we should carefully consider and get something which can be repaired in Mannar should it break down!

Well if its anew car then the chances of a breakdown in Mannar is less machan,but then again I wont rely on getting it repaired there

suprised that Batticoloa does not have a good mechanic to do this,im sure DIMOS must be having some dealers there neda?

It is a shame because Batticoloa is quite a big town. It is also good information because my sister works in Mannar and we are in the process of buying a car for her and we should carefully consider and get something which can be repaired in Mannar should it break down!

Well if its anew car then the chances of a breakdown in Mannar is less machan,but then again I wont rely on getting it repaired there

suprised that Batticoloa does not have a good mechanic to do this,im sure DIMOS must be having some dealers there neda?

'rman2000,

I contacted this person over the phone so that I could help him in best of my intentions. He have had a steering problem few months ago and had to replace full unit with cost of rupees 45000.00 according to him, because after changing oil seals the problem was not solved. Mechanics there are still same old age maka bases .

I advised him what to do. As A/L member, The Don also suggested same on his post. No reply post yet.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

batticaloa DOES have a good mechanic. he used to fix my carina and my EK when i worked there. he stays close to the only sinhalese school in town. i don't think the school is functioning, but i'm sure anyone from batticaloa would know the place. look him up. he once fibered and painted my entire front bumper for 2000 rupees. wow.

and he used to pop into office on a little honda cub and help jump start my car in emergencies. very reliable, decent, honest gem of a man. i wish i could say 1/10th of that about his contemporaries on the west coast. i think his name was Dhanapalan. actually Dhanapala. he's a sinhalese from batti, who hung around after the insurgency. i'm just hoping this helps you find him. my intention was not to give a racial profile.

and if you mention "the doctor with the white carina" i'm sure he'll remember me!

'rman2000,

I contacted this person over the phone so that I could help him in best of my intentions. He have had a steering problem few months ago and had to replace full unit with cost of rupees 45000.00 according to him, because after changing oil seals the problem was not solved. Mechanics there are still same old age maka bases .

I advised him what to do. As A/L member, The Don also suggested same on his post. No reply post yet.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

OT:

You're talking about yourself again I see.

Dear Friends,

A few weeks ago I drove my car to filling station to fill petrol. When topping up, the petrol flowing out from the filling neck. I noticed the filling neck was rusted and holes were there. Further, the neck which leads to the fuel filter was completely disconnected due to corrosion/rust and I further noticed the tube leading to the fuel filter was clogged with mud and dirt. I took it to my friend whose job is tinkering he repaired it and fixed it again. What I want to ask you all is would those clogged dirt and mud have caused this misfiring issues?

Thanks friends for you kind care

Sylvi thankz for your phone call

Dear Friends,

A few weeks ago I drove my car to filling station to fill petrol. When topping up, the petrol flowing out from the filling neck. I noticed the filling neck was rusted and holes were there. Further, the neck which leads to the fuel filter was completely disconnected due to corrosion/rust and I further noticed the tube leading to the fuel filter was clogged with mud and dirt. I took it to my friend whose job is tinkering he repaired it and fixed it again. What I want to ask you all is would those clogged dirt and mud have caused this misfiring issues?

Thanks friends for you kind care

Sylvi thankz for your phone call

Willy,

Normally if it is intake line or out line of the fuel filter is blocked this problem can happen. You say the filter line was blocked and you got same redone. At that time you should have done the injector rail cleaning too.

Fuel pump pressure according to my knowledge is 30 to 40 PSI. This can vary according to the type of engine.

This link under will give you some information on fuel pump.

Overview of the. Fuel Delivery System. The fuel delivery system incorporates the following components: 1). Fuel tank (with evaporative emissions controls). 2) ...

www.autoshop101.com/forms/h22.pdf

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h22.pdf

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

OT:

You're talking about yourself again I see.

Watchman I have nothing to do with you.

You have abused me several times.

I requet you to stop posting posts to me.

As you are the only enemy to me on this forum at present.

The trauma of abuse is never fully gone from a person's consciousness. Its filthy stain leaves its residue on the soul forever.

However, like all bad experiences, it is possible to turn this experience into good by developing compassion and empathy for others who have been through this experience.

Many people feel that bringing meaning to a traumatic experience is a path to healing. When I turn a negative experience into a tool that brings meaning into my life and others,

I am taking the best kind of revenge on my abuser.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

As you are the only enemy to me on this forum at present.

We've been telling you all this time you dont listen. Just that most people don't love the way you type useless crap when someone is trying to ask something important. (not me, I love hearing your sexy rants). If you stop that everyone will love you.

Why do you look at me as an enemy. I love you baby. I guess it might be because this is your first time you're exposed to the internet and public forums. The first time can always be a bit hard and painful, but I'll help you get over it. And it only gets better then more and more you do it (use the internet and forums I mean). And baby don't say that I "abused you". Think of it as showing my love to you.

:smilie_liebe9::give_rose::man_in_love:

Edited by Watchman

We've been telling you all this time you dont listen. Just that most people don't love the way you type useless crap when someone is trying to ask something important. (not me, I love hearing your sexy rants). If you stop that everyone will love you.

Why do you look at me as an enemy. I love you baby. I guess it might be because this is your first time you're exposed to the internet and public forums. The first time can always be a bit hard and painful, but I'll help you get over it. And it only gets better then more and more you do it (use the internet and forums I mean). And baby don't say that I "abused you". Think of it as showing my love to you.

:smilie_liebe9::give_rose::man_in_love:

Watchman, kindly end this public spat with Sylvie. These is no need for these type of personal remarks particularly aimed at an elderly gentleman.

• Like 2

rman2000, being a new car does not guarantee it won't break down. Cars have rarely broken down on me but you have to be prepared for the worse. Personally I feel slightly older cars are a lot easier to maintain than modern cars with complicated electronics and sensitive components and sensors which don't cope well with our dirty fuel and harsh climate.

rman2000, being a new car does not guarantee it won't break down. Cars have rarely broken down on me but you have to be prepared for the worse. Personally I feel slightly older cars are a lot easier to maintain than modern cars with complicated electronics and sensitive components and sensors which don't cope well with our dirty fuel and harsh climate.

The Don,

Yes some new cars have given problems within their fist 500 KMS. Nano caught fire in our country as well as in India. All these are man made machines

Even Space missions had failed with all advanced USA technology.

You are correct older cars are easy to maintain than new cars with modern electronics.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.