• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeep Modifications

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello there,

Someone please help me out to find out a place where I can get my jeep works done. It needs some tinkering works and new paint with canopy (a better one for the AC) and also have some mechanical things too. Its bit hard a normal tinker bass to get the shape of the mudguards and some parts because one of it has damaged a little bit that is why I look for such place. Also suggest me whether it is a stupid idea to have disc brakes rather than drums? (have to replace though). Thanks a lot in advance.

14 answers to this question

Sorry, but I can't recommend any tinker baas as all of them are non-reliable fellas (at least the bunch I've met). It is better if you could hire a baas for the job, and ask him to come to your place and do the work. Always remember not to pay him in advance, or you will have to hire a few private-eyes to catch the bugger!

I think it is not a stupid idea to to have disc brakes rather than drum brakes. Especially, if you have all 4 drum brakes. It will definitely improve brake performance. But you should always evaluate what you are paying for. In the case of brakes; what you are trying to stop. If you have replaced the stock engine with a larger CC, more powerful engine, it makes the break upgrade all more sensible. But if you use the stock engine I guess the stock break system should be able to handle the stopping without much problem.

• Like 1

Dude it seems you still confused about brake matter and not convinced.

I have seen excellent canopy works done by Horana cushion people. even Sapara and Gunawardane cushion are doing canopies.

Which part of SL you from? Can suggest a tinker baas.

MINIACE

havennt u asked about the brakes thing before machang? I and a couple of other guys also mentioned that using a bigger servo will be cheaper and less messier than converting drums to discs

Thanks Watchman :), Yes I was having hand brake problem sometime back. And also some brake issue. Thanks to you guys and my friend Janith, I was able to fix it. Now it seems I have to replace the booster and thought of having discs at front (or may be all if its not so costly). But I am not so sure how to do it. (I am not doing it but Its a must that I know how to do it :) you know the bass works :) )

As bass said, I have to find axles that comes with disc brakes. But doesn't know which ones will suit the best and also want to consider the maintenance cost as well. (some axles that has disc may cost more and after fixing it, the pads and all will also cost more than some other compatible ones. Anyway if cost comes with the quality, it may not be an issue.)

Basically I have no idea about this and kindly correct me if anything above is wrong. Highly appreciate your comments and advices. Thanks.

Dude it seems you still confused about brake matter and not convinced.

I have seen excellent canopy works done by Horana cushion people. even Sapara and Gunawardane cushion are doing canopies.

Which part of SL you from? Can suggest a tinker baas.

MINIACE

Hi miniace, Thanks for the reply. Well I am from Matale but not I am in colombo. Though there are tinker baas there, Its hard for them to do a jeep specially if there are adjustments need to be done on places where shape is very important like mudguards. So I was kind of looking someone who can do it.

I think this is the place you mentioned as "Horana cushion" is it?

Horana Cushion Works

No 10,

Sri Somananda Road,

Horana.

034-2264273

034-4283514

And also please suggest a tinker baas. Thanks a lot.

Hi miniace, Thanks for the reply. Well I am from Matale but not I am in colombo. Though there are tinker baas there, Its hard for them to do a jeep specially if there are adjustments need to be done on places where shape is very important like mudguards. So I was kind of looking someone who can do it.

I think this is the place you mentioned as "Horana cushion" is it?

Horana Cushion Works

No 10,

Sri Somananda Road,

Horana.

034-2264273

034-4283514

And also please suggest a tinker baas. Thanks a lot.

Yes mate thats the cushion place..The bodyshop is in Ragama Mahabage.Need more info?

MINIACE

• Like 1

Why not. :) Please post. A better one? Have you get something done? :) Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah..getting all my bodywork related jobs done from them including nasty accident repairs....Call owner Mr Gayan Fernando 078 399 1391

Location 070o1569N 079o 54 650E on WGS84 format and Deg,Min.Dec format.

MINIACE

Oh yeah..getting all my bodywork related jobs done from them including nasty accident repairs....Call owner Mr Gayan Fernando 078 399 1391

Location 070o1569N 079o 54 650E on WGS84 format and Deg,Min.Dec format.

MINIACE

Thanks a lot miniace. How about Horana cushion? Did you get any cushion works from them? :)