• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Market Price For A Fully Loaded Luxel (Corolla 122)

timmy

Hi I am in the lookout for a sedan type car, preferably Toyota and I came across this Luxel ( a Corolla 122 ). It is

• Black in colour
  • beige interior
  • run for 70,000km
  • manufactured late 2003
  • one owner
  • got plenty of sensors like auto wiper, auto light dimming, tyre pressure etc
  • got DVD, reverse camera, Xenon headlights

The owner calls it a fully loaded car and wants 3.2 million. I kinda like the options listed above, best of all the colour being black. Just wanted to know the market price of a Luxel for a spec like that. Cos I've read in many threads here that although it's a good car ( fuel economy, luxury and performance wise ) it is difficult to sell at a good price. I need a good daily runner and I plan to use for quite some time. But I want good resale value.

So can somebody with insight tell me how much is the maximum I must negotiate on the above car ?

Hi,

Im owninga Luxel, 1.8 engine, 2001 model. It is metalic green in colour and a JL-*****. car is in mint condition except auto wiper, auto light dimming you have mentioned above. A guy is asking to buy this for 2.9M (it is still just 2 months I bought this, so no idea of selling this so soon). So I think if the car is with K nuber series, and if you can negotiate to around 31, it will be a good price.

abt the car....... this is really really a wonderful car.... it is having a very food pullin power.... even 2010 Premio cannot pass my car if we are drive in a race!!!!

It is having the highest no of options in that series as well. and the best thing is that it does over 15km/L outside city limits. One of my friends also havin the same which I have, he went on a trip to Trinco in his Luxel and an Axio. His Luxel had done Rs.2000 less in fuel at the end of the journey.

Anyway better you check with a person usin the same 2003 model as well.... and of course this is having little less market value conparing to 1.5engines. that is not bec the car is bad, but bec of the myths of our people here in Sri Lanka!!!

Yes I've read in this forum that it has great pullin power. In fact Ive bin in one when it was pulling like a beast. The car had 5 adults and still managed to pull like a monster. But altho it pulls like a storm it aint gud in handling or so Ive heard.

But I dont care much about performance. What I really care about is getting a good car (of the 121 type) at a good price, so that I cud use it like a daily runner. This is the reason I looked to Luxel grade. But I'm not sure if the owner wud like to negotiate below 3.1 although it is in JE-**** series. I think he doesnt know much about car market and he hasnt even advertised on AL which is one reason the car is still available for sale. And I am not aware of any imminent problems that a Luxel car is generally known with. For instance the CVT gearbox cud be givn trbl. Maybe the suspension need rework. The suspension I cud bear with but engine and CVT need to have been maintained well. So need to look into all these when negotiating for a price.

the Luxel is a good car with no reported manufacturing faults and nver heard of a Luxel's CVT givin trouble but I wud tell you to consider buying a K* series 121 G grade (facelift) version if you can go for 3.1million. But mind you corolla's are overpriced

I wud tell you to consider buying a K* series 121 G grade (facelift) version if you can go for 3.1million.

I've also thought about the facelift G model, but it occured to me that what it only offered was a slight facelift after all. Are there any benefits of going for this facelift model other than for the better looks of the car ?

But mind you corolla's are overpriced

Yes that is TRUE. Compared to my previous car, which was a 97 Lancer CK2 MX Extra ( a jap domestic model ) which I sold off at 1.5 million, I really dont see much of a difference in the Corolla for it to command such a huge price. After all the 121 model is damn bloody old. Its only marketing hype that makes it so popular.

Its true... although it is highly a reliable and easy to maintain car, it is getting really overpriced.... anyway my advice is not to pay over 31 to a JE-xxxx Luxel, that amount is also bec its manufactured in 2003.

Anyway Luxel is not having a CVT gear box, it is having a Super ECT (super intelligent 4 speed automatic) gear box, as far as I know is a highly durable one.

Can someone tell me the benefits of going for a 121 facelift Corolla manufacutred in and after 2004 over a Corolla G or Luxel of the 2001-2003 era ?

I know nothing about this car only that it is equipped with a 1.5 engine and 1.6 in LX Limited. But considering the G grade of this car, does it have a CVT gear box ? Does it do well on fuel ? Perform as good as or better than the old gen Corolla G ? What options does it come with (like auto wiper, auto light dimmer etc ) ? Should I consider the facelift model ? and if so why ?

thanks, hope you can help me with these queries.

Can someone tell me the benefits of going for a 121 facelift Corolla manufacutred in and after 2004 over a Corolla G or Luxel of the 2001-2003 era ?

I know nothing about this car only that it is equipped with a 1.5 engine and 1.6 in LX Limited. But considering the G grade of this car, does it have a CVT gear box ? Does it do well on fuel ? Perform as good as or better than the old gen Corolla G ? What options does it come with (like auto wiper, auto light dimmer etc ) ? Should I consider the facelift model ? and if so why ?

thanks, hope you can help me with these queries.

well the facelift version has better looks thats all, same chassis n engines, and the aonl reason to buy the facelift is coz its newer and commands a better market price than the older version

Its true... although it is highly a reliable and easy to maintain car, it is getting really overpriced.... anyway my advice is not to pay over 31 to a JE-xxxx Luxel, that amount is also bec its manufactured in 2003.

Anyway Luxel is not having a CVT gear box, it is having a Super ECT (super intelligent 4 speed automatic) gear box, as far as I know is a highly durable one.

Luxel is equipped with a CVT gearbox

yes the websites show the transmission as ECT, but are you sure these are for the JDM versions of the Luxel mind you even the Vitz/yaris sold in the JDM market are equipped with CVT's but for the south east asian market these cars have ECT's

Thanks for all your input,

I jus need to know, is it possible to change the JDM head unit in a Luxel to an aftermarket one ? I jus realised that the head unit is mostly in Jap and the radio is of not much use here in SL. I'm a great fan of driving with my music on and for that I turn on the radio and do some channel hopping.

Pls let me know of any remedies.

Timmy.