• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Parker Fountain Pens

rameez

personnally i feel that is a bit silly for just a writing instrument...........just my thinking

Well that's the thing, brands like Mont blanc, Namiki, Dunpot Etc are not so much writing instruments but jewelries instead.

They are there to show how much of an expendable income you have so as to give the impression that "look that guy has so much money that he can spend insane amounts just on something as simple as a pen"

Same stories as Rolexes, Omegas etc, its not about functionality but about luxury.

Well you can get a fake Mont Blank for 3000 bucks though lol

Edited by The Stig

Well that's the thing, brands like Mont blanc, Namiki, Dunpot Etc are not so much writing instruments but jewelries instead.

They are there to show how much of an expendable income you have so as to give the impression that "look that guy has so much money that he can spend insane amounts just on something as simple as a pen"

Same stories as Rolexes, Omegas etc, its not about functionality but about luxury.

Well you can get a fake Mont Blank for 3000 bucks though lol

tell me where.....tell me where??? :speechless-smiley-004:

Rs.80K is the tip of the iceberg for Montblanc's on any top tier pen. Some of them go for US$50k+ :)

I have this bad habit of leaving my pens all over the place, I also tend to pick up other peoples pens all the time..... that's why I stick to the good old Atlas.

• Like 1

I have this bad habit of leaving my pens all over the place, I also tend to pick up other peoples pens all the time..... that's why I stick to the good old Atlas.

if the pen is expensive ppl will remember and give it to you but if it is an atlas that is it .....

tell me where.....tell me where??? :speechless-smiley-004:

Bangladesh, dhaka to be precise (sorry dont know any place in sl)

Well if you want good quality fake stuff Bangladesh is the place to visit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw this. Had the same problem with parkers royal blue. But the permanent blue doesn't fade. Thinking similar problem with the black? Do they have 2 blacks?

And as for finding an expensive pen and returning it, I highly doubt that happens mate. Even the atlas chooty II's get nicked here!!

Waterman is my pen of choice (well it was a gift so not much of a choice :-)) but I like to use unusual colour ink prefer green or purple. Can't find the cartridges here though tried Odel and that place in Crescat) .... if anyone know where to buy please do let me know. (Liberty plaza shops also didn't have).

Just saw this. Had the same problem with parkers royal blue. But the permanent blue doesn't fade. Thinking similar problem with the black? Do they have 2 blacks?

And as for finding an expensive pen and returning it, I highly doubt that happens mate. Even the atlas chooty II's get nicked here!!

This happened to me me back in school days! I wrote my end of term papers with a parker pen, and by the time it came to correcting the papers it had faded. In the end I had to meet one of the teachers at school during the holidays while she was correcting my paper cuz it had faded so much it was not readable. Needless say I got high marks for that paper ;)

Waterman is my pen of choice (well it was a gift so not much of a choice :-)) but I like to use unusual colour ink prefer green or purple. Can't find the cartridges here though tried Odel and that place in Crescat) .... if anyone know where to buy please do let me know. (Liberty plaza shops also didn't have).

Jupiter group are the local agents. So check with them. I think you can buy directly from them also.

personnally i feel that is a bit silly for just a writing instrument...........just my thinking

Mate,

For us buying a Parker is a bit of a big deal. But for a certain level of people buying a Parker is like more or less buing an Atlas pen. So they buy a Montblanc to find ways to burn money they have.

Mate,

For us buying a Parker is a bit of a big deal. But for a certain level of people buying a Parker is like more or less buing an Atlas pen. So they buy a Montblanc to find ways to burn money they have.

Whats your point dude?

MINIACE

try lanka pen company in pettah....they should have it and also ebay has it..

Edited by rameez

Mate,

yes i agree....say they come up with a pen which has built in remote to open your car they will buy that to burn money :speechless-smiley-004: