• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Carb Help!

BladeRunner

I have a 87 Integra with a 12 valve carb engine. It was giving me problems from the day i got it. The engine doesn't idle correctly, it stalls most of the time when i take my foot off the accelerator peddle etc...

I have also got the engine and the carb tune up done about 3 times for the past 6 months or so. But the problem is still there.

I want to know who is the best on carb tuning, specially on Honda's so i can get this problem sorted out correctly.

Thanks,

Raj.

Question, does the problem become better when the car warms up a bit and is your carb an electronic unit or and old school completely mechanical unit? Zackie Ismail is the Honda expert I know though Miniace or RacersEdge can probably point you in the right direction.

Hi,

I also had somewhat similar problems with my eg single carg(D15B3). Actually mine was previously converted to gas by some idiot and again to petrol.It was a total mess and most of the vacum lines were removed. so what i did was, i got the manual and corrected the vacum lines by myself. My mechanic compleately repaired the carb and now doin great on both fuel and performance. Although im not an expert , i learnt few things from car manual. so I suggest you to find a manual from the net and see wheather all the external components are in place like vaccum lines and electrical wiring and let the other stuff to be handled by an expert. Good luck!

Question, does the problem become better when the car warms up a bit and is your carb an electronic unit or and old school completely mechanical unit? Zackie Ismail is the Honda expert I know though Miniace or RacersEdge can probably point you in the right direction.

It does actually when the car warms up, the number of times it stalls become less than the cold engine, but it still happens. I think it's a old school one bcos it has a manual choke (cable operated), but not sure though.

Hi,

I also had somewhat similar problems with my eg single carg(D15B3). Actually mine was previously converted to gas by some idiot and again to petrol.It was a total mess and most of the vacum lines were removed. so what i did was, i got the manual and corrected the vacum lines by myself. My mechanic compleately repaired the carb and now doin great on both fuel and performance. Although im not an expert , i learnt few things from car manual. so I suggest you to find a manual from the net and see wheather all the external components are in place like vaccum lines and electrical wiring and let the other stuff to be handled by an expert. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the reply. You mean the service manual?

yep!. If you are goin to keep the car for sometime, its better to have one.

Any idea where i can find the right one for my car. I search all over the net only managing to find the service manual for the DOHC EFI version of the same model, all the body parts are similar except the engine. I wont mind paying for the manual if it is the correct one for the car.

Any idea where i can find the right one for my car. I search all over the net only managing to find the service manual for the DOHC EFI version of the same model, all the body parts are similar except the engine. I wont mind paying for the manual if it is the correct one for the car.

Actually i think i downloaded it from a link given at autolanka forum almost 8 months back. But i can remember few names of the web sites, but i dont know wheather i can post them in the forum. I also couldnt find the service manual for eg single carb setup for sometime. But i managed to find a pdf where there are lot of service manuals of D series carbs. Actually its an accidental finding ,cuz as you mentioned all the manuals are containing details about efi engines,and once i downloaded most of the files about egs from a website. but this particular document didnt have a name to suggest ,but i just downloaded it. Machan post your engine type with year, i ll check weather its available on my file.Is it D13?

Edited by H.C

Thanks Don for mentioning,

Yes when I had my EG carb model, she developed similar problems and all DIY failed. Ajith of Roadstar seeduwa healed her and she ended up delivering amazing gas mileage and gave me many drag wins :P .Our own Grand Civic is one customer who used to come there all the way from Malabe for carb tune ups when he had his GC. Visit him for a better tune up.

MINIACE

Yes when I had my EG carb model, she developed similar problems and all DIY failed. Ajith of Roadstar seeduwa healed her and she ended up delivering amazing gas mileage and gave me many drag wins :P .Our own Grand Civic is one customer who used to come there all the way from Malabe for carb tune ups when he had his GC. Visit him for a better tune up.

MINIACE

I have a few minor issues with my Mitsubishi EFI and I wonder if Ajith might be the man for the job. I don't mind coming to Seeduwa because it's not really that far away plus many people to visit as I spent my early years in the Distilleries Corporation complex where my father worked :)

Actually i think i downloaded it from a link given at autolanka forum almost 8 months back. But i can remember few names of the web sites, but i dont know wheather i can post them in the forum. I also couldnt find the service manual for eg single carb setup for sometime. But i managed to find a pdf where there are lot of service manuals of D series carbs. Actually its an accidental finding ,cuz as you mentioned all the manuals are containing details about efi engines,and once i downloaded most of the files about egs from a website. but this particular document didnt have a name to suggest ,but i just downloaded it. Machan post your engine type with year, i ll check weather its available on my file.Is it D13?

Thanks for the reply machan. It's D15A1 (1.5cc) engine. It's not a JDM model i think, according to the book it was brought down brand new. Manufacture year is 1987.

MINIACE

Thanks a lot Miniace. if possible can i have the address or a phone number of Ajith?

I have a few minor issues with my Mitsubishi EFI and I wonder if Ajith might be the man for the job. I don't mind coming to Seeduwa because it's not really that far away plus many people to visit as I spent my early years in the Distilleries Corporation complex where my father worked :)

Sure its worth the run..Seeduwa-Raddolugama road exactly 1.29km from Colombo Negombo road and to the left hand side when travelling towards Raddolugama.....Mr Ajith Hemachandra the race driver 0777 383 526.

Location N07o07.995' E079o53.263' on WGS84 mode and Dego,Min.Dec' format.

MINIACE

Thanks for the reply machan. It's D15A1 (1.5cc) engine. It's not a JDM model i think, according to the book it was brought down brand new. Manufacture year is 1987.

Really sorry mate!.i dont have details about D15a1. I also think that you better take miniace advice and meet that guy.Gd luck.

• 4 years later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BladeRunner" data-cid="187112" data-time="1323355802"><p>

<br />

Thanks a lot Miniace. if possible can i have the address or a phone number of Ajith?</p></blockquote>

Ajith motors is not a good place to do carb tuneups.. he charges high and do the verybasic things which can be done through ordinary mechanic. strongly not recommended to not to go to ajith motors roadstar seeduwa

Edited by Sanga

Normally, i own another car.. but strongly recommnd pls do not access ajith, roadstar seeduwa for carb tuneups.. the guy does the very basic stuff with the replacement (we neeed to buy)

and will adjust the same stuff which u can or an ordinary mechanic do. i had a morning start issue, i went there and consulted after checking thru this forum. but the guy charged me high and nothing changed. the problem still exist. but the guy still saying at me its the type of all carb model cars. funny.. if he charge like this for the stuff.. that money will not stay with him.. need to be honest in the work.. i totally dissapointed.. he may be an ex racer.. but need to improv himself.. he may be well in other repairs.. but pls do not recomnd for carb tuneups.. he didnt give me a second chance.. he said that is the type thats the work dot

Edited by Sanga