• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Has Anyone Used Bridgestone Turanza Ar10

Amila G

michelins are considered too soft. and i've experienced this first hand. the xm1s in the noah are barely a year old and are ready to be replaced. I didnt even get 30k out of them. and you get punctured too easily. and they squeal quite a bit even when cornering normally with full load. bridgestones are grippy. I had potenzas in the rs and quick direction changes were a breeze with them. but even those wore out pretty fast. turanza's arent as good when it comes to cornering. and i dont know about their wear characteristics.

anyway when you are buying tyres check out the treadwear rating. this says a lot about how hard the tyre is and how balanced it is between grip and durability. on real performance tyres you get a rating between 180-240. and on normal michelins you get about 320. it'll be 400 to 500 with cheaper brands like maxxis. but they sure as hell won't be grippy

Hmm.. never thought finding a tire is this hard.

Guys I tried lots of places and cannot find kmho or falken. Only jap tire available is yokohama and I think turanza (indonesian) is a bit too expensive. Also I guess yoko's are better than bridgestone b250 as b250 is an entry level tire.

So I m leaning towards yokohama a300 and now another issue. I cannot find any reference to this tire in any of the yokohama web sites. I think this tire comes as stock tires on some jap cars. But why is this not on there web sites ? Is this a discontinued model ? have any of you used this ?

I'm really confused now :(

michelins are considered too soft. and i've experienced this first hand. the xm1s in the noah are barely a year old and are ready to be replaced. I didnt even get 30k out of them. and you get punctured too easily. and they squeal quite a bit even when cornering normally with full load. bridgestones are grippy. I had potenzas in the rs and quick direction changes were a breeze with them. but even those wore out pretty fast. turanza's arent as good when it comes to cornering. and i dont know about their wear characteristics.

anyway when you are buying tyres check out the treadwear rating. this says a lot about how hard the tyre is and how balanced it is between grip and durability. on real performance tyres you get a rating between 180-240. and on normal michelins you get about 320. it'll be 400 to 500 with cheaper brands like maxxis. but they sure as hell won't be grippy

Jadey, thanks for the input..Will be doing some research on the treadwear rating. This is something new to me

I replaced all 4 tyres with Maxxis. I have drove abt 2000km and seems eqallly good as my previous bridgestone. I went for it bec the tyre shop owner(he is my friend) told me that it is the tyre that they get the least no of complaints. Anyone having a better experience with Maxxis tyres??

• 2 weeks later...

When I searched though tyres in internet..

Some claim better grip.

Some claim better wet handling.

Some claim comfortable.

some claim quiet...

I was interested in Dunlop - VEURO VE302 which claims to have a quiet and comfortable ride. Has any one of you used it?

If you are looking for comfortable, quiet ride; what can you recommend ? Thanks!