• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover Defender Puma Tdci Engine

EAP

Driver side towards the bulkhead.

Can see it clearly if you remove the front driver side wheel.

Its near the exhaust manifold , behind the cat vertically.

rub some diesel against it if not readable.

hope I am clear

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone.

Just read a papper article which was published in Daily news (Sri lanka) on 2nd APR. 2013. Its says there will be a LAND ROVER ASSEBLY PLANT at Habantota.

Bit hard to believe it but happy to hear. Does anyone know whether is true? Nothing mentioned on LANDROVER WEB. . for me its too good to be true that LAND ROVER will approve it.

Please refer to the following link to view the article.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2013/04/02/bus01.asp

Ah yes... the newspaper that thinks everything is peachy in this island of ours...

It's probably a plant to assemble LRs from CKDs, which I believe, is already happenning here

BTW did you notice some odd things about this news item? It says SML is to invest $1mn to build the assembly plant and at the beginning of the article. At the end it says the initial investment will be $500mn. Secondly, a press release of this sort almost always endorsed by the principals (Land Rover themselves) and carries all kinds of quotes from them. No mention of anything like that.

Hi Everyone.

Just read a papper article which was published in Daily news (Sri lanka) on 2nd APR. 2013. Its says there will be a LAND ROVER ASSEBLY PLANT at Habantota.

Bit hard to believe it but happy to hear. Does anyone know whether is true? Nothing mentioned on LANDROVER WEB. . for me its too good to be true that LAND ROVER will approve it.

Please refer to the following link to view the article.

http://www.dailynews.lk/2013/04/02/bus01.asp

Daily News?????!!!!....... It's more Daily Noise!!!!

Ah yes... the newspaper that thinks everything is peachy in this island of ours...

It's probably a plant to assemble LRs from CKDs, which I believe, is already happenning here

BTW did you notice some odd things about this news item? It says SML is to invest $1mn to build the assembly plant and at the beginning of the article. At the end it says the initial investment will be $500mn. Secondly, a press release of this sort almost always endorsed by the principals (Land Rover themselves) and carries all kinds of quotes from them. No mention of anything like that.

No machang the last of the Defenders were assembled in 2011 which consisted of 4 units and they were the only ones which were registered by the RMV. The previous was in 2009 (12 units altogether) and none of those were registered.

The ball was being passed from one hand to another and the last time the government was strict in saying that the assembly had to go to Hambantota as per the BOI agreement and if not sorry.

Even if this happens I'm not sure whether they have the people to run the assembly since all the people who knew how to do the whole process correctly are not there anymore.

The assembly story is a very old story and it had press coverage, but sad part is nothing has happened. There were to be Chinese car plants etc in Hambantota but nothing has happened.

The assembly story is a very old story and it had press coverage, but sad part is nothing has happened. There were to be Chinese car plants etc in Hambantota but nothing has happened.

That's the whole point dude. In the past, we had a Jaguar assembly, Geely assembly, Maruti assembly... all in the news papers...

At this rate, we should be among the top 10 vehicle producing countries in the world!

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1