• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Need Help To Buy A Car

ras_a_s

Question

Hi everybody,

I am a newbie and willing to buy a used car within the budget of 15-20 laks.This is gonna be my first car and I need your advice on this.

I have made some choices as per my budget and i need the recommendations from the experts.

1. Suzuki Alto

2.Nissan Cefiro

3.Toyota Passo

4.Nissan march beetle

Still I don't have any idea but as per the budgeted price I am looking into these vehicles.Please do advice and suggest me which is the good one which fits into my budget with good durability and fuel consumption.There should be a second hand value if I am planning to go for another one.

Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody,

I am a newbie and willing to buy a used car within the budget of 15-20 laks.This is gonna be my first car and I need your advice on this.

I have made some choices as per my budget and i need the recommendations from the experts.

1. Suzuki Alto

2.Nissan Cefiro

3.Toyota Passo

4.Nissan march beetle

Still I don't have any idea but as per the budgeted price I am looking into these vehicles.Please do advice and suggest me which is the good one which fits into my budget with good durability and fuel consumption.There should be a second hand value if I am planning to go for another one.

Thanks in advance.

'ras_a_s',

What is your budget, is the vehicle new ,or used,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Probably March & the Passo in terms of durability & build quality. I'll be more inclined towards the March since I own one :sad-smiley-067:

But the Nissan does have more room than the Passo

Hi 'ras_a_s', !!

since this is going to be your first car hope these informations will help you.

1. Suzuki Alto :- You can go for a full option japan alto with your mentioned budget. Vehicle is very economical,mainatance are very easy,spare parts available but space is bit not enough. but will be a good choice for a family :D

2.Nissan Cefiro :- As mentioned by whmsujith cefiro will not be a good choice since fuel consumpition is very low & second hand market also very low. but it s good sedan comfortable car :rolleyes:

3.Toyota Passo :- Our A\L members have shared their experince on this few days back. you may follow the link.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?/topic/12613-toyota-passo-information/page__pid__186186#entry186186

4.Nissan march beetle :- In this range this is a good car. economical,easy maintainance,good second hand market. but you need to find a well maintained one

other than the mentioned 04 vehicles there are some options where you can go with your budget.

Honda Ek3 ( MFY 1996-2000)

Honda Es1

Nissan FB15

Corolla 110

& if youre interest on indian models,

Brand new Estilo,wagonR.

:car-smiley-002:

Good luck

• Like 1

** japan alto is named as "SUZUKI ALTO" & Indian one is "SUZUKI MARUTI ALTO"

**japan alto is 650cc & Indian is 800cc

**mostly japan ones have airbags

**mostly japan ones are" recondition " & Indian ones are "brand new"

**japan ones are mostly(2002-2005)<before box model one> Indians(2004-still) manufacturing

**i think you can go for a 2003 model (auto gears, 4 door) good condition one.it will cost about 1.35 mil(last month my cousin bro got one for that price)

**check whether it is 4wheel drive or rear wheel drive

**go for a auto gear one,with 4 doors.it have a good second hand market...

GOOD LUCK

Edited by osanda19
  • Like 2

Dear Osanda,Whmsujith,terrabytetango,sylvi,miniace,schiffer and all,

Thanks again for spending your valuable time in advicing and helping me. I just want to know,if if I am going for a brand new one,can I get it immediately or do I have to wait till it arive because I am in abroad now and will arive Sri-Lanka in january.I should be able to get a good one with in a short time period.

When comparing the Japanese one and Indian one,the 650CC and 800CC,it seems 800CC is good with a bit load? I need your suggestion on this regards.

In terms of Alto,going for a Japanese one is good or going for a indian one is good when comparing the Manufacturing years.

What about the second hand market of Indian one...coz I may go for another good one within a year time...

Thanks In Advance...

• Like 1

Better stick with a Jap Alto in my view. Going for a BN is no point if you plan to upgrade in a years time.

Suprised you dont have the Suzuki Swift in the list since your budget is Rs 2 Mn. Its got a bit more space than the Alto as well.

Carbon B4 : I am thinking on Suzuki Swift as well.

What about Honda City which is made on 2000/2001 which fall in my budget range.

Also I need suggestion on Suzuki Wagon R which seems little bit bigger than Alto.

I am little bit confused with the selection and if I go for a good one then I will not upgrade by next year and if I go for a normal one then I have to upgrade next year.

Though I have the budget limitation of 2 million.

Looking for your advice experts....

Thanks again for sharing your valuable time with me.....

• Like 1

@ ras_a_s -i have used japan alto(mfy2004) & indian(mfy2008) alto too..in my opinion don't go for the Indian one.dnt think about engine capacity.japan alto have more torque power than indian one.so japan alto's engine is more powerful than indian one.and technology is also higher than indian one.that's why many of Indian alto users are selling their BN alto's n searching for old japan alto :-)

suzuki swift (box type) is a good car.bt very bad in fuel :-( wagon R (japan one) is also a good one.bt second hand market is bit low

if u really want to go for indian brand new one..think about maruti zen.i have used maruti zen (2006(vx-i) ) it came with 1100cc engine,with EPS&front power shutters.fuel consumption is also good.its a very good car..zen estilo ( the new model of zen) is also a very good car,its shape & size is like the wagon R.

Edited by osanda19

Thanks Osanda,

I to have seen Maruti zen which is having a good look.I will look into alto as well,once I find a good one on one of these I will go for that.

'ras_a_s' ,

Now you have selected Maruti Zen go for that car. A*W service is good. they have every part over the counter cheap.

I too use a Indian maruti Omni for last few months without any problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.