• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Buy Mountain Bikes From

timmy

Ok, I bought a bike !!, went all the way to Ja Ela Sugath, but they did not have that many good used Jap bikes, the ones they had was in pretty bad shape, but they had a lot of Lumala & Tomahawk bikes, brand New. They also had 2 German bikes ( Ghost ? ) but way over my budget ( Rs 65k to Rs 120K )

They had a hard tail 26" Lumala with, Alluminium frame, disc brakes ( front & back), Shimano index type gears ( not the best of the range like the XTR, but still original Shimano). The shape was quite nice as well. It was only Rs 16,500/= , which I thought was a pretty good deal so bought it and was able to pack it inside the car after after taking off the wheels. No quick release wheels, which was the only major disadvantage.

Now must start riding it to the gym for a good warm up, the tread mill is kind of getting boring....... :)

we should all have mb meet up. are there any dedicated trails?

Some guys meet up quite early in the morning ( 6:00 am !! ) somewhere near Battaramulla. If you are interested let me know.

I plan to join , but after I build up some stamina, not easy when you have put on a few Kgs... :)

Some guys meet up quite early in the morning ( 6:00 am !! ) somewhere near Battaramulla. If you are interested let me know.

I plan to join , but after I build up some stamina, not easy when you have put on a few Kgs... :)

i think Milindu too is a part of this team. they do fairly long rides though.

I have a shimano mountain bike bought in year 2000. 11 years no issues. Go for used Japanese bike. far better quality. if you get your hands to full aluminium frame you'll feel like feather. I bought it from place near Maharagama Teaching school.

have a look their and talk to them. 4 months back my friend bought a "Giant" branded full aluminium bike with front suspension for 25K. it was awesome.

when i was a kid my father bought my bike from there.

Is it worth to buy a Japanese used double suspension mountain bike with gears (steel frame) for 15k than buying a brand new one for the same price? Please educate me!

You could get a alu frame bike, rather than a steel frame. But you need to see the condition of each of them.

• 4 weeks later...

Snoop try the bike shop near bellantara junc, on the bellanwila road. It's on your left just as you turn into the bellanwila road.

My bro bought a giant 21spd with front shocks for 18500 last month, and I'm buying a 21spd aluminium alloy teg welded Merida with disc brakes, front shocks and the full shimano kit for 23k today! Their bikes are excellent. As carbon b4 said, if you've ever ridden a lumala, you'll know the difference. Light as a feather. Precise shifts. Wow

Edited by Komisiripala

Please let me know used japanese mountain bike dealers around colombo... (except ja-ela, seeduwa aera) i searched bit and had no details. i'm new to this forum and need your help to find good dealer...

Thanks

The place in Maharagama, on the right hand side towards kottawa

Snoop try the bike shop near bellantara junc, on the bellanwila road. It's on your left just as you turn into the bellanwila road.

My bro bought a giant 21spd with front shocks for 18500 last month, and I'm buying a 21spd aluminium alloy teg welded Merida with disc brakes, front shocks and the full shimano kit for 23k today! Their bikes are excellent. As carbon b4 said, if you've ever ridden a lumala, you'll know the difference. Light as a feather. Precise shifts. Wow

your bike is a great deal for the price mate! pics please when you do get it :)

your bike is a great deal for the price mate! pics please when you do get it :)

Just got it and rode home. Planning to cycle to work daily. Sure beats the rush and the KMPL... I tell you!! will upload some pics later.

I have little knowledge on the bike market, but I know the brands somewhat. Forked out the dough with trepidation, but thanks man you made me feel a lot better!! :D

Rs 23k for a bike with that specs seem very reasonable....

The Lumala I bought seems to have the same specs but the quality is not that great. Its value for money ( only Rs 16/= brand new) but the disc brakes are really bad, now planning to upgrade the brakes. I checked out the shop between Maradana & Punchi Borela ( Rider Shop) has a lot of genuine parts and some good bikes. One brake caliper was Rs 5000/= ! , Feels a little silly to buy that for a bike which is only Rs 16k !