• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Information Regarding Mud Carpet

lasa

Guys,

Few years back most of vehicles had mud flap on all 4 wheels. Bu these days we rarely see them(specially in new vehicle). Is it bcos it's not factory fitted and need to fix after purchasing or bcos it's out of fashion or any other reason? I brought a new car(Viva elite) and in doubt whether to fix this or not. If this is required can i know a good place to buy this?

Also when comes to car carpeting which is better to have? 3M carpet or bucket carpet? Also can i know a good place to buy these as well?

Thx

Edited by lasa

Guys,

Few years back most of vehicles had mud carpet on all 4 wheels. Bu these days we rarely see them(specially in new vehicle). Is it bcos it's not factory fitted and need to fix after purchasing or bcos it's out of fashion or any other reason? I brought a new car(Viva elite) and in doubt whether to fix this or not. If this is required can i know a good place to buy this?

Also when comes to car carpeting which is better to have? 3M carpet or bucket carpet? Also can i know a good place to buy these as well?

Thx

1st- Change the font as it's very difficult to read!

2nd- Depends from car to car but the mud carpet not preinstalled is due to ground clearance! I believe the Viva Elite is very low and has bad ground clearance. You can find the mud carpets at Darley Road

3rd- Carpet choice solely depends on ur preference! Arpxxo Super center for rubber carpets or 3m like carpets u can find it at a seat cover shop for a reasonable price on havelock road end past the petrol shed next to a furniture shop called center point by the name of xxxx check it out!

Good luck buddy!

• Like 1

2nd- Depends from car to car but the mud carpet not preinstalled is due to ground clearance! I believe the Viva Elite is very low and has bad ground clearance. You can find the mud carpets at Darley Road

3rd- Carpet choice solely depends on ur preference! Arpxxo Super center for rubber carpets or 3m like carpets u can find it at a seat cover shop for a reasonable price on havelock road end past the petrol shed next to a furniture shop called center point by the name of xxxx check it out!

Good luck buddy!

Thx mate

Good luck buddy!

I check wih s*n Lan*a and they didn't have mud flaps suited for viva elite. Any idea where i can find suitable mud flaps?

Any info regarding this?

Sounds like generic mud flaps are too big for the car. You can inquire from the agents or from somebody travelling to Malaysia whether they can source it for you, if they exist. If mud flaps are unsuitable for the car and if you really want protection the two options available is to get it fabricated from fibre glass or I think their is a special tough coat of paint (not sure if its available as clear lacquer but might) that you can apply to give some protection to body work from constant mud.... My last suggestion is based on hearsay so don't count on it!

• Like 1

Guys,

Few years back most of vehicles had mud flap on all 4 wheels. Bu these days we rarely see them(specially in new vehicle). Is it bcos it's not factory fitted and need to fix after purchasing or bcos it's out of fashion or any other reason? I brought a new car(Viva elite) and in doubt whether to fix this or not. If this is required can i know a good place to buy this?

Thx

1. Mud flaps -

Don't fix mud flaps to Viva Elite..! I own Viva Elite and Viva (Older version), and i have fixed mud flaps to my old car which was a wrong decision. Because the rear mud flaps tend to brake when you go over humps with ppl in rear seat. The other point is you cannot just fix Mud flaps to a Viva, you need to make some cuts in front mud flaps to fix properly. Rear mud flaps no issue. If you plan to fix mud flaps make sure you have spare set at home, so that when one breaks you can fix a new one at home.. :) So i did not fix mud flaps to Viva Elite. Also since Viva Elite has the body kit your bodywork is mostly protected. I actually removed the mud flap sets from my old Viva, otherwise i will have to keep on changing.

(If you really want to buy them, they are available @ Aji@h mot@rs - next to S@n L2nka Darly road, price around Rs1250)

2. 3M carpet -

3M carpets are comparatively very expensive. As i can remember it cost around 15K for each Viva. But since i'm using Viva only for office traveling they do not get dirt too much. But when you go for other places where you might get your carpets Mud and dirt, 3M carpets are not the best option. If you need an option for multipurpose option, go to a car carpeting place and install Velvet carpet to the whole floor board and on top of that put a set of bucket carpet set. It cost around 7K for the Corrolla. I think it will be about 4K-5K for a Viva. Its very easy wash the mud and will protect the original floor carpet. Without the velvet floor carpet i think its no use to have bucket carpet set.

PS - I have seen 3M carpets in Darly road shops but i really doubt the quality of them.. :(

Rgs,

KMeeg.

• Like 1

1. Mud flaps -

Don't fix mud flaps to Viva Elite..! I own Viva Elite and Viva (Older version), and i have fixed mud flaps to my old car which was a wrong decision. Because the rear mud flaps tend to brake when you go over humps with ppl in rear seat. The other point is you cannot just fix Mud flaps to a Viva, you need to make some cuts in front mud flaps to fix properly. Rear mud flaps no issue. If you plan to fix mud flaps make sure you have spare set at home, so that when one breaks you can fix a new one at home.. :) So i did not fix mud flaps to Viva Elite. Also since Viva Elite has the body kit your bodywork is mostly protected. I actually removed the mud flap sets from my old Viva, otherwise i will have to keep on changing.

(If you really want to buy them, they are available @ Aji@h mot@rs - next to S@n L2nka Darly road, price around Rs1250)

2. 3M carpet -

3M carpets are comparatively very expensive. As i can remember it cost around 15K for each Viva. But since i'm using Viva only for office traveling they do not get dirt too much. But when you go for other places where you might get your carpets Mud and dirt, 3M carpets are not the best option. If you need an option for multipurpose option, go to a car carpeting place and install Velvet carpet to the whole floor board and on top of that put a set of bucket carpet set. It cost around 7K for the Corrolla. I think it will be about 4K-5K for a Viva. Its very easy wash the mud and will protect the original floor carpet. Without the velvet floor carpet i think its no use to have bucket carpet set.

PS - I have seen 3M carpets in Darly road shops but i really doubt the quality of them.. :(

Rgs,

KMeeg.

Thx mate, from your comment regarding mud flaps i think i will also not use them in my viva. Regarding floor carpet, i brough bucket carpet set from su* lan*a for 2K+.

By the way what you think of seat covers? Is it needed? One of agents in S*n la*ka showed me a seat cover set for 5K. I'm in doubt whther to use seat cover or not.

Also since viva already have few security features, do we need to install seperate security system?

Thx mate, from your comment regarding mud flaps i think i will also not use them in my viva. Regarding floor carpet, i brough bucket carpet set from su* lan*a for 2K+.

By the way what you think of seat covers? Is it needed? One of agents in S*n la*ka showed me a seat cover set for 5K. I'm in doubt whther to use seat cover or not.

Also since viva already have few security features, do we need to install seperate security system?

Hi,

I did seat covers for my old Viva since it came with light color seat covers. I did it from Gun@w#rd@na cushion works @ Wijerama. It cost me around 12K. But i didn't do that for the Elite since the seat covers are Dark in color and good quality. :) But i saw this site <http://www.cartailors.com/vehicle-seat-covers.html> which has good seat covers, its @ Dematagoda. Hope the work is good at its seen in the web site.. :) (For me the original covers in viva elite is fine)

With regard to security systems, i dnt think its needed. I have installed S@n Lank@ security systems for my other cars because they didn't came with security system. (I've installed 'Steel M@te' basic one which cost around 12K). In order to install this they require to cut some wires under the steering wheel. Sure they do a good job. But since Viva Elite comes with Smart keys, i don't think it will be a good idea to do this kind of wire cutting. I didn't do this for the old Viva either because i'm pretty satisfied with the original security system.

Rgs,

KMeeg.

• Like 1

Hi,

I did seat covers for my old Viva since it came with light color seat covers. I did it from Gun@w#rd@na cushion works @ Wijerama. It cost me around 12K. But i didn't do that for the Elite since the seat covers are Dark in color and good quality. :) But i saw this site <http://www.cartailor...eat-covers.html> which has good seat covers, its @ Dematagoda. Hope the work is good at its seen in the web site.. :) (For me the original covers in viva elite is fine)

With regard to security systems, i dnt think its needed. I have installed S@n Lank@ security systems for my other cars because they didn't came with security system. (I've installed 'Steel M@te' basic one which cost around 12K). In order to install this they require to cut some wires under the steering wheel. Sure they do a good job. But since Viva Elite comes with Smart keys, i don't think it will be a good idea to do this kind of wire cutting. I didn't do this for the old Viva either because i'm pretty satisfied with the original security system.

Rgs,

KMeeg.

Thx mate. 12k for seat covers? Any idea why we can buy seat covers for half the price from places like s*n la*ka? Is it bcos they are not durable or not up to standard in uality?

Thx mate. 12k for seat covers? Any idea why we can buy seat covers for half the price from places like s*n la*ka? Is it bcos they are not durable or not up to standard in uality?

Because the ones sold at Sun Lanka are pre made and probably not an exact fit for your car (but good enough) while the cushion works place will make them to exact specification to your taste.

• Like 1